This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Ciggy wrote:Keegan is also desperate to add John Arne Riise to his squad and will lodge an opening £6.5m bid.

Daily Mirror.

bloody hell, the ladies on the quayside wont know whats hit them :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:57 pm

stmichael wrote:bloody hell, the ladies on the quayside wont know whats hit them :D

He fancies the blonde one out of girls aloud doesnt he :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:10 am

I have just got this to say about Riise. Having to pay a football professional up to 100K per week and he is not even confident to use his weaker foot to clear the ball and had to use his head? That was the most stupid thing, i have seen. I am Not being judgemental about Riise based on the CL performance, what I am saying is that, he has been poor throughout this couple of seasons. He is not getting younger, that is why we need to sell him before his value dip further. Beside it is time for fresh blood to come in. I still maintained what I have said "Riise is neither a winger nor a left back cos he can't run at players, he can't defend, he is too afraid to use his right foot and he misses more then he scores"

In short, Riise is simply not good enough to be in LFC.
marcus.c

Postby SundanceKid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:03 am

marcus.c wrote:I have just got this to say about Riise. Having to pay a football professional up to 100K per week and he is not even confident to use his weaker foot to clear the ball and had to use his head? That was the most stupid thing, i have seen. I am Not being judgemental about Riise based on the CL performance, what I am saying is that, he has been poor throughout this couple of seasons. He is not getting younger, that is why we need to sell him before his value dip further. Beside it is time for fresh blood to come in. I still maintained what I have said "Riise is neither a winger nor a left back cos he can't run at players, he can't defend, he is too afraid to use his right foot and he misses more then he scores"

In short, Riise is simply not good enough to be in LFC.

I think Riise could make a decent Defensive Midfielder. I don't want to put him right in the center, but his shot power should not be ignored. I honestly don't know what we could do with him.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:47 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Keegan is also desperate to add John Arne Riise to his squad and will lodge an opening £6.5m bid.

Daily Mirror.

Please let this be true.

Maybe we can start offloading players on Newcastle, if Keegan is daft enough to pay over the odds for our unwanted squad players. Like Keane is obsessed with signing mancs and Championship players, we could make mon(k)ey out of Keegan.

As for Riise shot power - so what? He kicks the ball hard, except when it might have cleared his own goal rather than gone into it. He isn't that accurate with it, he's more likely to hit row Z than even test the keeper. I thought for a season or two he might make a decent LM, able to help out defensively and with a powerful shot, but it was only a hope to make use of the useless. Must be getting on 20 years since we had a good LM or LB, maybe past calls for King Kenny weren't so daft, he certainly managed to assemble a title winning squad (with two clubs) and not many of his buys were bad.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Fri May 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Its patently obvious Riise has no heart for the club and his performances this season have been Lethargic and to say the least listless in the extreme ,some players i hasten to add mask this with a keen football brain or a willingness to produce a workmanlike performance ,Riise does neither .One of the most famous sayings in football is a player is only as good as his last game if this is genuinely the case then Riise has had numerous opportunities to deliver a performance this season that resembled a decent shift, and has failed miserably.I have heard posters proclaiming the virtues of having the quality substitutions Chelsea had on the bench in a red shirt ,but surely the one connotation that would have swung the game was Riise in a Chelsea shirt .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Sat May 03, 2008 12:20 am

redbeergoggles wrote:Its patently obvious Riise has no heart for the club and his performances this season have been Lethargic and to say the least listless in the extreme ,some players i hasten to add mask this with a keen football brain or a willingness to produce a workmanlike performance ,Riise does neither .One of the most famous sayings in football is a player is only as good as his last game if this is genuinely the case then Riise has had numerous opportunities to deliver a performance this season that resembled a decent shift, and has failed miserably.I have heard posters proclaiming the virtues of having the quality substitutions Chelsea had on the bench in a red shirt ,but surely the one connotation that would have swung the game was Riise in a Chelsea shirt .

to say he has no heart for the club really beggers belief!!
feck sake soft lad, you either have never been to a game
or have a very short memory, jar has given me some of the best moments in my life (& hopefully will continue to do so)
in my life! as an lfc fan, please look at the bigger picture
before posting sh1t again!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat May 03, 2008 6:46 pm

You need to open your eyes fella, ive supported the reds for all of my 42 years man and boy ,So i know the difference when a player performs with no heart, and ive attended many games home and away so i have the right to proffer my opinion .Its not unrealistic expecting a player to sweat blood for the team i love ,so you keep your memories of Riise fella ,I have my own of  a time when he wasnt a liability .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Sun May 04, 2008 8:40 am

redbeergoggles wrote:Its patently obvious Riise has no heart for the club and his performances this season have been Lethargic and to say the least listless in the extreme ,some players i hasten to add mask this with a keen football brain or a willingness to produce a workmanlike performance ,Riise does neither .One of the most famous sayings in football is a player is only as good as his last game if this is genuinely the case then Riise has had numerous opportunities to deliver a performance this season that resembled a decent shift, and has failed miserably.I have heard posters proclaiming the virtues of having the quality substitutions Chelsea had on the bench in a red shirt ,but surely the one connotation that would have swung the game was Riise in a Chelsea shirt .

That is a blatantly stupid interpretation of a quote (also its not a famous one either).  Riise has been a fantastic servant to the club and as far as I am concerned saying he is finished after that one performance shows that you know absolutely nothing about the club and football.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 04, 2008 12:25 pm

I think the problem with Riise is a little similar to the problem with Alonso. I think they are both struggling with little confidence. Alonso exuded class, calm control and supreme confidence in his ability when he first came. Gradually like Riise this has been eroded until now they both look uneasy and seem only to glad to release the ball with a wild punt upfield.

Maybe if someone had put their arm around them, told them just how good they are and not how many errors they had made, things may have been slightly easier for them. I think its too late for Riise now, and maybe even Alonso?

Certainly the uncertainty over Riise's contract can't have helped him, and no doubt will have added to his worries.
account deleted by request

Postby Torres25 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:04 pm

What debate.....Riises :censored: hes like a robot with no right foot.the 1 thing he had in his locker was a thunderbolt shot that just managed 2 paper over the cracks

thast was what 2-3 years ago

hes :censored: any hes only gonna get shitter

cash in now well some idiot manager might still think hes got it in him
Torres25

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Reports in the north of England are claiming Liverpool and Newcastle United have agreed a fee to sell the Norwegian.

They are claiming a £4m deal was reached 6 weeks ago after contract talks stalled between the club and the defender.

Around £30,000 a week is believed to be the agreed contract until 2011.

These reports have not been confirmed by any of the two clubs involved in the dealings. There are rumours that Liverpool are offering Aston Villa first refusal and a cut-price fee providing they allow Gareth Barry to sign.

Looks like the Riise debate may finally be over.Link
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun May 04, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby redbeergoggles » Sun May 04, 2008 2:51 pm

If you care to read through my post again you will see i mentioned  numerous opportunities ,not as you so blindly stated "one performance " and ive quite literally forgotten more about football than you will ever accumulate in your myopic lifetime
Last edited by redbeergoggles on Sun May 04, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Feeney » Sun May 04, 2008 3:10 pm

s@int wrote:I think the problem with Riise is a little similar to the problem with Alonso. I think they are both struggling with little confidence. Alonso exuded class, calm control and supreme confidence in his ability when he first came. Gradually like Riise this has been eroded until now they both look uneasy and seem only to glad to release the ball with a wild punt upfield.

Maybe if someone had put their arm around them, told them just how good they are and not how many errors they had made, things may have been slightly easier for them. I think its too late for Riise now, and maybe even Alonso?

Certainly the uncertainty over Riise's contract can't have helped him, and no doubt will have added to his worries.

Difference between Xabi and Riise tho Sait is that Xabi has genuine class, whereas Riise lacks any.

Seen a few posts saying some comments are a knee-jerk reaction to Riise's OG against Chelsea - that goal for me mearly culminated the last 2 years of mediocrity and general poor play from Riise. The only stand out thing I can remember of him is when he goes on a bit of a run, gets into a cul-de-sac, does that f*cking stupid shrug of his shoulders and puts his hands out - then ends up passing back to Hyypia/Carra/Skrtel etc. Not one other thing comes to mind, not one iota of good play, passing, intelligence - nothing.

I'm sure people will say I am being harsh and at first, I was defending Riise when he hit a bad patch because I believed in him in the same way I defended Garcia and in the same way I defend Babel now. However, having a bad patch for 2 games, 2 months even, is tolerable - 2 years is taking the p!ss.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Daily Mirror.

Please let this be true.

If Newcastle offered 6.5M for JAR, I'd bite off their hand, digest it, then regurgitate it to feed hungry little chicks eagerly waiting for food in a nest.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion