This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:12 am

The_Rock wrote:
stmichael wrote:When you see Aurelio last night, anyone can see that he'd be a far better option than Riise at left back if he could stay fit for more than three weeks at a time. We've also got the likes of Arbeloa, Carragher and even Agger who can play there as a last resort so if we can get a decent sum for Riise, I'd sell.

If we get rid of riise we need to sign someone better to replace him as Auerlio is a step-down...

spot on and just because aurelio had 1 good game does not mean he is better then riise and if he was really that good , he would have marked shevchenko , but he did not and thats the difference , riise marked ronaldo during the manure game and he was queit the whole match
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:44 am

The_Rock wrote:
stmichael wrote:When you see Aurelio last night, anyone can see that he'd be a far better option than Riise at left back if he could stay fit for more than three weeks at a time. We've also got the likes of Arbeloa, Carragher and even Agger who can play there as a last resort so if we can get a decent sum for Riise, I'd sell.

Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Actually i think riise is better than auerlio......

Just my opinion....but think riise has improved the defensive aspects of his game. Riise is also a lot faster and a better header of the ball than Auerlio.

If we get rid of riise we need to sign someone better to replace him as Auerlio is a step-down...

No man, Aurelio is a better player than Riise.

Aurelio is a better crosser, passer, dribbler, set piece taker, tackler and he is FASTER than Riise.

Riise isn't faster than aurelio, its the other way around.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
stmichael wrote:Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Have you seen him play a lot for the reserves then? I'm only asking, because I haven't, and so wouldn't be able to judge him in any way myself. Would be great, if he could break through from the reserves though, as not many players seem to do so these years (well not at LFC anyway).

Ive seen him play quite a bit in the reserves.  Hes been doing ok considering he has moved from the other side of the world.  Give him abit of time and we'll see.

But there are a few players in the reserves that look good.  The lad we got from Lyon Plessis looks very good.  Bit like Momo Sissoko with one difference, he can actualy pass a ball.  The one for me that looks realy good is the little Barca striker Pacheo.  He looks like he will be very good indeed.  And in the youth set up theres a few but the one that stands out, out of them is the German forward Pourie. Hopefully fingers crossed some of these boys will come threw.

Thanks for the update mate, hope some of them make it into the first team in the foreseeable future. Do you know anything about Nathan Eccleston? I've seen his name popping up as a goalscorer on several occasions on the official site, but again haven't seen anything of him myself.
JamCar05

Postby heimdall » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:19 pm

metalhead wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Actually i think riise is better than auerlio......

Just my opinion....but think riise has improved the defensive aspects of his game. Riise is also a lot faster and a better header of the ball than Auerlio.

No man, Aurelio is a better player than Riise.

Aurelio is a better crosser, passer, dribbler, set piece taker, tackler and he is FASTER than Riise.

Riise isn't faster than aurelio, its the other way around.

bottom line neither of them are that good but I would still play Riise instead of Aurelio due to his experience but we need a good left back.
I also completely agree that Rafa should play the youngsters more than he does, they cannot be any worse than Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch who in my opinion are a waste of a man on the pitch. I'd rather play Torres alone up front and have an extra midfielder.
In fact how about playing Stevie right behind Torres and having Alonso and Mascha in central midfield, surely that would be more potent than playing Kuyt or Crouch!
heimdall

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:17 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
stmichael wrote:Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Have you seen him play a lot for the reserves then? I'm only asking, because I haven't, and so wouldn't be able to judge him in any way myself. Would be great, if he could break through from the reserves though, as not many players seem to do so these years (well not at LFC anyway).

Ive seen him play quite a bit in the reserves.  Hes been doing ok considering he has moved from the other side of the world.  Give him abit of time and we'll see.

But there are a few players in the reserves that look good.  The lad we got from Lyon Plessis looks very good.  Bit like Momo Sissoko with one difference, he can actualy pass a ball.  The one for me that looks realy good is the little Barca striker Pacheo.  He looks like he will be very good indeed.  And in the youth set up theres a few but the one that stands out, out of them is the German forward Pourie. Hopefully fingers crossed some of these boys will come threw.

Thanks for the update mate, hope some of them make it into the first team in the foreseeable future. Do you know anything about Nathan Eccleston? I've seen his name popping up as a goalscorer on several occasions on the official site, but again haven't seen anything of him myself.

Yep, he and the big German play together both look very good at youth level.  Theres also David Amoo aswell the three of them look very good indeed.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:17 am

murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:

Yep, he and the big German play together both look very good at youth level.  Theres also David Amoo aswell the three of them look very good indeed.

Okay, sounds interesting for the future. We could really do with some of our own youngsters coming through the ranks.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the Riise-thread, it's back to discussing good ol' Ginger now... is he or isn't he good enough for our team? Is he best utilized as a defender or midfielder? And so forth...
JamCar05

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:14 am

I've been really frustrated with Risse lately too, but watching this goal made me realize once again that he is a very special player.  I'm sure he will come good for us again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHaL9YSXtbY&NR=1
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:41 am

In fairness that particular goal, impressive though it was, didn't really teach us anything we didn't already know about Riise. If as an opposition defence, you allow him the time and space to shoot with his left foot from outside the box, he will score goals against you. That's why very few teams in the Premiership do.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:46 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I've been really frustrated with Risse lately too, but watching this goal made me realize once again that he is a very special player.  I'm sure he will come good for us again.

But he does it 1 out of 50 times, it's a fluke goal man!
oakton

Postby skatesy » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 am

oakton wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:I've been really frustrated with Risse lately too, but watching this goal made me realize once again that he is a very special player.  I'm sure he will come good for us again.

I've seen him coming closer to hitting the corner flag lately than hitting the net.
skatesy

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 pm

skatesy wrote:
oakton wrote:

I've seen him coming closer to hitting the corner flag lately than hitting the net.

Or if its not the corner flag its closer to the fu.cking Park Pub behind the Kop or on the park behind the anny road lol
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:51 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:

is he related to the brothers from 'the real thing'?
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:27 am

Keegan is also desperate to add John Arne Riise to his squad and will lodge an opening £6.5m bid.

Daily Mirror.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 am

Ciggy wrote:Keegan is also desperate to add John Arne Riise to his squad and will lodge an opening £6.5m bid.

Daily Mirror.

i'd take 6.5

... and then pray aurelio, arbeloa and finnan all stay fit
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:Keegan is also desperate to add John Arne Riise to his squad and will lodge an opening £6.5m bid.

Daily Mirror.

Please let this be true.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion