This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:30 am

riise is a squad player not a starter
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:54 am

RedBlood wrote:riise is a squad player not a starter

he's a starter not a squad player as he can be used in 2 positions left back and left mid . When he first came to liverpool he was a left back but was trained to adopt the left mid role kind of eboue at arsenal who is right back but playing right mid now and not forgetting flamini . Rmb the game against fulham? he and aurelio kept switching and the opposition defendeers did not know who was going to run at them next , 1 in 20 shots hits the target?
A wicked left foot on a light ball , what do u think? he is porbaly the best left back we have now , as aurelio is not better then him neither is arbeloa , whom gets pushed off  the ball easily , take a look at some of the few games this season wherew we have conceded goals and u ask urself whr is arbeloa ? Riise has the upper body strength and does not go down easily and fights for ball even after he loses it , aurelio and arbeloa seldom show that body strength
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:12 am

Bamaga man wrote:
babu wrote:you wouldn't get a payslip in the mail.

I dont know about you or where your from Babu but you do get pay slips posted to you in the mail in England.

oh. i worked in london for 2 years and when i left they wouldn't post my final payslip to me. I had to authorise a mate to pick it up, that why i thought that.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 am

Aurelio was looking very good at left back, better than JAR before his injury
burjennio

Postby poolboyuk » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 am

I agree with an earlier post - he is presently the besst we have at left back barring Arbeloa who is a right back. Heinze's arrival would have seen the end of him but it looks like he'll get another season at least!
poolboyuk

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:57 am

Not to sure if we should sell him in January but Valencia are interested.  Hes been poor for a long time now but I think we need to keep him intill the summer.  Then if anyones still interested then let him go.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:58 pm

If he could defend better then he'd be an asset, if he had better midfield skills he'd be an asset. Sadly he's not one thing nor the other and at best will make a good squad player. We should look at what offers come in, if someone offers £4m+ then I'd sell him and use the money for someone better. We've had so many LBs in the Premiership I've lost count - Riise, Warnock, Traore, Bjornebye, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Carragher, Matteo, Staunton, Vignal................................. I'd be gobsmacked if that's a complete list, must be around one a season for every season of the Premiership. Yet ironically Hyypia and Carragher have been two of our three mainstay CBs since Hyypia arrived (the other Henchoz) That in itself is worrying, that we've two players playing CB at the moment who've been here around 10 years. Arsenal have only three or four players left from their unbeaten "invincibles" season of only a few years ago
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Imo Riise is getting more :censored: than he deserves. He is doing pretty good defensively, but seems to have lost the plot when going forward. He seems too eager to "release the kraken" and shoot himself rather than pass to someone else. Its not the defense that is the problem for liverpool. Ronaldo did not manage to do anything when faced with Riise or Arbeloa.

Going forward he lacks technique and is a one trick pony when it comes to trying to get past a man, but for me that is not the most important thing for a left back.

Compare his stats to those of the other left backs in the big 4 and you can see that Riise is hardly the weak link in Liverpool.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:29 pm

i thought he had a good game against united defensively , he kept ronaldo quiet and at bay , and we did not see much of him . riise i feel is beginning to regain his form , if he can improve by jan , then i say keep him , if not wait till the summer and sell him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:31 pm

mart wrote:Imo Riise is getting more :censored: than he deserves. He is doing pretty good defensively, but seems to have lost the plot when going forward. He seems too eager to "release the kraken" and shoot himself rather than pass to someone else. Its not the defense that is the problem for liverpool. Ronaldo did not manage to do anything when faced with Riise or Arbeloa.

Going forward he lacks technique and is a one trick pony when it comes to trying to get past a man, but for me that is not the most important thing for a left back.

Compare his stats to those of the other left backs in the big 4 and you can see that Riise is hardly the weak link in Liverpool.

i for one agrees with u that defensivley , he is good , but its his left shot technique that he needs to work , the rocket which introduced him to english football against manure , thats what he needs the most . he needs to get goals , that he used to get us , that is the riise i want to see . the confidence to shoot with his left leg ,the leg which broke alan smith leg
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:18 pm

When you see Aurelio last night, anyone can see that he'd be a far better option than Riise at left back if he could stay fit for more than three weeks at a time. We've also got the likes of Arbeloa, Carragher and even Agger who can play there as a last resort so if we can get a decent sum for Riise, I'd sell.

Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:34 pm

stmichael wrote:Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Have you seen him play a lot for the reserves then? I'm only asking, because I haven't, and so wouldn't be able to judge him in any way myself. Would be great, if he could break through from the reserves though, as not many players seem to do so these years (well not at LFC anyway).
JamCar05

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
stmichael wrote:Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Have you seen him play a lot for the reserves then? I'm only asking, because I haven't, and so wouldn't be able to judge him in any way myself. Would be great, if he could break through from the reserves though, as not many players seem to do so these years (well not at LFC anyway).

Ive seen him play quite a bit in the reserves.  Hes been doing ok considering he has moved from the other side of the world.  Give him abit of time and we'll see.

But there are a few players in the reserves that look good.  The lad we got from Lyon Plessis looks very good.  Bit like Momo Sissoko with one difference, he can actualy pass a ball.  The one for me that looks realy good is the little Barca striker Pacheo.  He looks like he will be very good indeed.  And in the youth set up theres a few but the one that stands out, out of them is the German forward Pourie. Hopefully fingers crossed some of these boys will come threw.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby whylongball? » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:27 am

murphy0151 wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:

Ive seen him play quite a bit in the reserves.  Hes been doing ok considering he has moved from the other side of the world.  Give him abit of time and we'll see.

But there are a few players in the reserves that look good.  The lad we got from Lyon Plessis looks very good.  Bit like Momo Sissoko with one difference, he can actualy pass a ball.  The one for me that looks realy good is the little Barca striker Pacheo.  He looks like he will be very good indeed.  And in the youth set up theres a few but the one that stands out, out of them is the German forward Pourie. Hopefully fingers crossed some of these boys will come threw.

damn what rafa is waiting for then....quickly sell sisoko, risse. Just put those young lads to give them experience. we cant win the league this season anyway. Might as well learn from Arsenal's last year. In football we dont need rugby guys
whylongball?

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:25 am

stmichael wrote:When you see Aurelio last night, anyone can see that he'd be a far better option than Riise at left back if he could stay fit for more than three weeks at a time. We've also got the likes of Arbeloa, Carragher and even Agger who can play there as a last resort so if we can get a decent sum for Riise, I'd sell.

Personally, I think Insua will be our first choice left back within the next 18 months.

Actually i think riise is better than auerlio......

Just my opinion....but think riise has improved the defensive aspects of his game. Riise is also a lot faster and a better header of the ball than Auerlio.

If we get rid of riise we need to sign someone better to replace him as Auerlio is a step-down...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion