This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_guy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:46 am

He did gave the ball away, too many for his own good. Christmas shopping ? indeed.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red8 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:38 am

Pretty much useless Riise is in attack.  Too one dimensional - lacks speed, creativity and can't cross.  Really suited for a mid-table team.  Aurelio can't come back soon enough.
Red8

Postby burjennio » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:37 pm

At least with Aurelio we get some quality delivery into the box, and as a Brazilian he can actually take possession of the football without looking like hes going to have a heart attack :p
burjennio

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Our left side is still a joke. A joke to the point that a guy who hasn't played at all this season would walk back into the side when fit (if he ever is).

Back to Riise, he hasn't got enough ability on the ball to warrant a place in the first team, simple as.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:01 pm

Scares me to think that after all this time people still pin all there hopes on Harry Kewell, he'll come back, play 2 matches and end up with some kind of acute scalp injury and be out for the rest of the season
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:00 pm

stmichael wrote:Our left side is still a joke. A joke to the point that a guy who hasn't played at all this season would walk back into the side when fit (if he ever is).

Back to Riise, he hasn't got enough ability on the ball to warrant a place in the first team, simple as.

Kewell might as well not be a Liverpool player, I'll be surprised if he's fit enough to play in a run of 10 games in the rest of his time here (fit enough, not necessarily start all 10)

As for Riise, I think he is one of our better LM options. He can be a powerful driving force and with a powerful shot can cause more danger than most of our wide options do. I'm getting this horrible feeling that we're still many many millions short of being a title contender, we could almost revamp the whole left side, right side of midfield and forward line and that won't come cheap.

On a positive note I have read rumours that fat sam wants Crouch and maybe we can get some money for one or two others to fund a couple of quality players

Question to everyone - would you rather we spent money on two quality players or split the money over more players with less emphasis on quality? Or put another way, is it more important to have top notch players or a squad that can cope with injuries even if the second choices aren't anywhere near as good as the first choices?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Owzat wrote:Question to everyone - would you rather we spent money on two quality players or split the money over more players with less emphasis on quality? Or put another way, is it more important to have top notch players or a squad that can cope with injuries even if the second choices aren't anywhere near as good as the first choices?

I'd like to see it go on a top quality centre back and a top quality left winger.

I think Benitez will want to bring in a centre back come January but I'll be surprised if there's much else (maybe some more youngsters). Clubs don't like doing business in January and so we'll find it hard to bring in the quality of players we need.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:17 pm

Owzat Posted on Oct. 29 2007,14:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (stmichael @ Oct. 29 2007,12:46)
Our left side is still a joke. A joke to the point that a guy who hasn't played at all this season would walk back into the side when fit (if he ever is).

Kewell might as well not be a Liverpool player, I'll be surprised if he's fit enough to play in a run of 10 games in the rest of his time here (fit enough, not necessarily start all 10)

As for Riise, I think he is one of our better LM options. He can be a powerful driving force and with a powerful shot can cause more danger than most of our wide options do. I'm getting this horrible feeling that we're still many many millions short of being a title contender, we could almost revamp the whole left side, right side of midfield and forward line and that won't come cheap.

On a positive note I have read rumours that fat sam wants Crouch and maybe we can get some money for one or two others to fund a couple of quality players

Question to everyone - would you rather we spent money on two quality players or split the money over more players with less emphasis on quality? Or put another way, is it more important to have top notch players or a squad that can cope with injuries even if the second choices aren't anywhere near as good as the first choices?

I think you have to start with quality then build your team around that - to look at the way Man Utd have done things recently ,they either spent big money on Players (Rooney, Ferdinand, Tevez when it becomes perm) or a sizeable amount of money on promising younger players (Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson), and try to fit them into the side immediately, this notion of spending money on 3 average players when you could buy 1 quality player seems to really grate Rafa, now with a larger transfer budget he moved for the quality player - Torres, who has had injury problems, and Babel, Lucas and Leto the promising young players, who could IMO do with a few more starts each

So in a nutshell, quality and potential instead of quantiity and mediocrity
burjennio

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:19 pm

You earn how much? Liverpool star Riise's fury as 'stolen' wageslip is made public
Last updated at 09:49am on 31st October 2007
Liverpool's John Arne Riise has been left red-faced after his payslip appeared on the Internet - revealing his address and national insurance number.

The Norway defender is furious last night after his £139,634 a month salary was revealed, broken down into four categories.

Sources close to the Liverpool star are convinced the payslip was stolen and a Liverpool spokesman said: "We are taking the matter extremely seriously and we are investigating."

The payslip, which relates to last season, shows Riise took home more than £82,000 after paying around £55,500 in tax.

Among the more offbeat entries on the payslip are a £250 points bonus - probably for just one as the team got off to a poor start - plus a £36 ticket deduction which confirms even Premier League stars don't get freebies any more.

In all, the figures show a monthly wage of £120,000 with the £250, £4,000 appearance money and a Champions League figure of £15,384.62 added on, giving a monthly gross of £139,634.62.

Deducted from this is a staggering £55508.28 in tax, £1611.67 National Insurance - as well as £65 in meals and £36 ticket fees.

And in all, the payslip shows £304,137.66 tax deducted for the year.

But Riise, 27, is more concerned about the sensitive personal information contained within his pay packet appearing on the website images.

The first photo shows a man's hand clutching the payslip which is clearly marked "Private and Confidential".

The second shows his monthly earnings, along with his tax code and National Insurance details.

The images appear to have been taken in April and relate to his pay in September last year.

A source close to the star said: "We are convinced someone has stolen this. John Arne Riise is not the sort of person who throws a wageslip in the rubbish bin.

"It's clearly been taken without his consent. There is a lot of delicate information about John now widely available on the net and it's circulating like wildfire.

John is particularly worried his address is out there in the open.

"There's the added concern that his national insurance number could be misused by fraudsters."

Earlier this year Liverpool stars Pepe Reina, 25, Peter Crouch, 26, Jerzy Dudek, 34, and Daniel Agger, 22, were all victims of burglaries at their homes. But the source said there had been no sign of any break-ins at Riise's home.

The wageslip photos appeared yesterday on a string of web sites dedicated to Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

One fan who spotted them said: "I forwarded it to all my mates. It's the sort of thing all footie fans love. You always hear rumours about what these players earn but to see a wage bill in black and white is something else."

A police spokesman said: "so far as we are aware, no complaints have been made so far."

Daily mail

I couldn't find the original thread (has it been deleted?)Anyway it appears its a genuine payslip.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:24 pm

s@int
LFC Elite Member

Group: LFC Premium Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You earn how much? Liverpool star Riise's fury as 'stolen' wageslip is made public
Last updated at 09:49am on 31st October 2007
Liverpool's John Arne Riise has been left red-faced after his payslip appeared on the Internet - revealing his address and national insurance number.

The Norway defender is furious last night after his £139,634 a month salary was revealed, broken down into four categories.

Sources close to the Liverpool star are convinced the payslip was stolen and a Liverpool spokesman said: "We are taking the matter extremely seriously and we are investigating."

The payslip, which relates to last season, shows Riise took home more than £82,000 after paying around £55,500 in tax.

Among the more offbeat entries on the payslip are a £250 points bonus - probably for just one as the team got off to a poor start - plus a £36 ticket deduction which confirms even Premier League stars don't get freebies any more.

In all, the figures show a monthly wage of £120,000 with the £250, £4,000 appearance money and a Champions League figure of £15,384.62 added on, giving a monthly gross of £139,634.62.

Deducted from this is a staggering £55508.28 in tax, £1611.67 National Insurance - as well as £65 in meals and £36 ticket fees.

And in all, the payslip shows £304,137.66 tax deducted for the year.

But Riise, 27, is more concerned about the sensitive personal information contained within his pay packet appearing on the website images.

The first photo shows a man's hand clutching the payslip which is clearly marked "Private and Confidential".

The second shows his monthly earnings, along with his tax code and National Insurance details.

The images appear to have been taken in April and relate to his pay in September last year.

A source close to the star said: "We are convinced someone has stolen this. John Arne Riise is not the sort of person who throws a wageslip in the rubbish bin.

"It's clearly been taken without his consent. There is a lot of delicate information about John now widely available on the net and it's circulating like wildfire.

John is particularly worried his address is out there in the open.

"There's the added concern that his national insurance number could be misused by fraudsters."

Earlier this year Liverpool stars Pepe Reina, 25, Peter Crouch, 26, Jerzy Dudek, 34, and Daniel Agger, 22, were all victims of burglaries at their homes. But the source said there had been no sign of any break-ins at Riise's home.

The wageslip photos appeared yesterday on a string of web sites dedicated to Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

One fan who spotted them said: "I forwarded it to all my mates. It's the sort of thing all footie fans love. You always hear rumours about what these players earn but to see a wage bill in black and white is something else."

A police spokesman said: "so far as we are aware, no complaints have been made so far."

Daily mail

I couldn't find the original thread (has it been deleted?)Anyway it appears its a genuine payslip.

Edited by s@int on Oct. 31 2007,15:20

Thats what the posties have been doing while on their strike, riffling through footballers mail?
burjennio

Postby babu » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:11 am

you wouldn't get a payslip in the mail.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:26 am

any1 got any photos.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby I8BlueNoses » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:36 am

PLEASE DO NOT post any pictures like that on here people.

The club is considering its legal stance on the publication fo the pictures, we cant afford to have a writ from the club.

THANKS

Edited by leonmc0708
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I8BlueNoses

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 am

babu Posted on Nov. 01 2007,08:11
you wouldn't get a payslip in the mail.

i get my payslips thru the mail
burjennio

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:53 pm

I've seen the slip, somebody emailed to me.

True.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion