This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 pm

metalhead wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Been a long time since this was brought up.

I thought Riise was our weakest link again today.

Sadly lacking going forward, and in the second half Walcott got a lot of joy on their right hand side.

Glad Alvaro is back, I think he is a much better bet than Riise at left back.

Just hope Rafa resists the temptation to play a left footed midfielder in Riise, as he give very little.

was absolutely terrible riise today. He had some good chances, but his passes were awful. Eboue gave him a hard time.

And Eboue is a bag of shiny sh*te, too.

I'd agree with that, whinging tw@t.

He did the same thing at Anfield in the FA Cup last season - went down like a sack of sh*t in the penalty area, then wouldn't go off the pitch whilst we were chasing the game. He got up, walked to within a yard of the f*cking line, then sat down again. W*nker.

People like Eboue need taking out back and shooting.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Dundalk wrote:He wasnt great today he seemed to get a bit panicky when he got the ball and a lot of arsenals attacks were down his side.

They targeted him

Wouldn't you? :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:37 pm

Dundalk wrote:He wasnt great today he seemed to get a bit panicky when he got the ball and a lot of arsenals attacks were down his side.

They targeted him

He picks the ball up, runs to the halfway line and shrugs his shoulders as if to say "what do I do?"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:38 pm

To right, Matt Damon is on the other side and nobody is going to mess with him :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Let's be perfectly honest - if Janette Crankie was at rightback, you'd STILL pick on JAR. :D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:41 pm

Some of his passing left a lot to be desired, the ball he played inside at the death was shocking, a simple pass but unfortunatley it wasnt his first bad one of the day.

Arbeloa needs to get back in there at left back and stay there and I am a fan off Risse but the only place left for him is on the bench
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:56 pm

Why oh why didn't he have a pop at goal when he tried to pass that through-ball in the latter stages?

A John Arne Riise of a couple of seasons back would have snapped Almunia's wrists in that position. If he isn't shooting, he brings f*ck all to the side, I'm afraid, and I like the lad. :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Why oh why didn't he have a pop at goal when he tried to pass that through-ball in the latter stages?

A John Arne Riise of a couple of seasons back would have snapped Almunia's wrists in that position. If he isn't shooting, he brings f*ck all to the side, I'm afraid, and I like the lad. :no

No doubt some of the Liverpool fans like JAR, because he has scored so many important goals during his career, but unfortunately he has been p!ss poor lately and its worrying.

I saw what Eboue did in the F.A cup last year, its a shame that there are players like that in Football, no sportsmanship whatsoever.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:03 am

JAR is a legend......fair enough he's not ur gail clichy, or ashly cole but he does a good job for us. I dont think anyone bar gerrard and mascherano has a brilliant game today....lay off him....he's a legend!
Raj_Xedos

Postby ukamed » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 am

JAR was active today, I think he is coming back and I liked that, because i love his way of playing!
Last edited by ukamed on Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ukamed

Postby skatesy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:26 am

I don't know where the praise is coming from regarding Riise's performance today. I do not know how many times he gave the ball away. If anything, I would keep the guy at the defensive end. He is slow and is rarely threatening when gunning down the wings. We need more threatening, fast players with pace down the wings.

I would take Benayoun or Babel down the wing any day.
Last edited by skatesy on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
skatesy

Postby mungi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 am

played poorly. we needed some1 composed on the ball who could play it out. arbeloa is ths short term solution. rafa needs to do some christmas shopping
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:17 am

Unfortunatly Riise is now another passenger we cannot afford to carry in the team.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:28 am

I have always defended Riise as a hard working versatile player, but his recent performances (excluding his game against Everton) have been bloody poor. He really needs to pull his socks up or I think he will be at A.Villa before too long.
account deleted by request

Postby puroresu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:29 am

Not good enough.  Yeah he has a good shot but at full back his offers little.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion