This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:35 am

wat do u think of riise then :angry:
buxxy

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:37 am

i'd like to think that we'd sell riise if we were offered 7 or 8 mill.... 15 mill ?! MAN ! Aurelio is really good and i think should feature alot next season....more than riise imo ! He's a a better defender and i think rafa got him to replace riise in that LB position !
Dont get me wrong...riise is a good player and as one of you guys said... would start in any PREM. club outside the top4 but common... he's one of the few things i'd LOVE to improve in the current starting lineup we got ( striker too) so if Aurelio can be any better than riise is...i say we sell riise make use of the money... since aurelio is starting anyway !
the thing that gets me is... whenever i see riise in that left back role, i feel like he's a left attacking winger with decent tackling and was played in LB because we have no other options in that depart.... which now is not true !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:39 am

aCe' wrote:i'd like to think that we'd sell riise if we were offered 7 or 8 mill.... 15 mill ?! MAN ! Aurelio is really good and i think should feature alot next season....more than riise imo ! He's a a better defender and i think rafa got him to replace riise in that LB position !
Dont get me wrong...riise is a good player and as one of you guys said... would start in any PREM. club outside the top4 but common... he's one of the few things i'd LOVE to improve in the current starting lineup we got ( striker too) so if Aurelio can be any better than riise is...i say we sell riise make use of the money... since aurelio is starting anyway !
the thing that gets me is... whenever i see riise in that left back role, i feel like he's a left attacking winger with decent tackling and was played in LB because we have no other options in that depart.... which now is not true !

i agree  :laugh:
buxxy

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 am

Someone mentioned before that Riise is by no means the best left back around byt that he is a steady team member and i would go along with that, you dont need the best players for every position to make a team. He is a grafter that will run all day, he chips in with important goals and although he sometimes gets caught out one on one he has improved massively in that area.
Murphy i know both you Leon and St Mike think he is not good enough, but ask yourself...do you think he cost us many goals last season ?
He was a member of the best back four in the league last season so he must be doing something well.
IF Chelsea bid 15 million then obviously we would take it, but that is just one of there little tricks to get Arsenal to accept a lower fee for Cole, i dont believe they are genuinely interested in our player.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:20 am

I think we really have to wait to see if Aurelio fits in this league. I mean look what happened to nando, cisse etc - great in other leagues, but :censored: in ours. IF Aurelio is a hit then £15m for riise would be an excellent bit of business.

- That said, its getting to the stage where squad is nearly as important as the first 11. IF Aurelio were to break his leg/metatarsal/etc - would you be happy with warnock as our ONLY left back against chelski/manure etc - playing every game?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:05 pm

riise is a good player and somtimes he is not but that doesn't mean he is a rubbish player :D  :;):
buxxy

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:40 pm

Riise is now cup-tied for the Champions League. Chelsea would want movement on the price as a result.

I genuinely don't think there's anything in this. And if there was, I'd want us to mess them about for a couple of weeks and then resign Riise on an extended contract, so that Chelski left panicking in the final days of the transfer window. It's about time they got a taste of their own medicine.
ivor_the_injun

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:49 pm

15 mil for riise is not happenin. no chance, i know chelski like flashin the wonga but 15mil for riise is comical. Riise's a decent player, good left foot and all but for me he gets skinned far too often when he is against quality. He is more of a wing back/left mid but to be fair to him he has improved alot in the last two seasons.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:58 pm

how much do u thnk riise is worth
buxxy

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm

i think bout 15.5 mill or more
buxxy

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Id say he is realistically worth 11M. HoweverI would not like to see him sold to Chelsea for less than 20M.

And even if Rafa did want to sell him I dont think they would as there is no immediate replacment as  a 1st team starter for him. Warnock is ok but thats al in my opinion.

Chelsea should have thought to sign a LB first before offloading Del Horno.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:06 pm

the thing about riise is that he always starts the season off bad, he jus needs time to get to his best and when he is at his best, u have no right to knock im down, because he is one of the best left footers in the game at present

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:22 pm

scouser 'til I die wrote:the thing about riise is that he always starts the season off bad, he jus needs time to get to his best and when he is at his best, u have no right to knock im down, because he is one of the best left footers in the game at present

Precisley.

Not only that but out of all teh LB's in the pemiership im sue he scores the most per season.

He also has great vision. This si not only visible in some of his spectacular goals he scores but also in his ability to collect passes from long range. The amount of times hs picked up a great long pass form Alonso or Gerrard......
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:41 pm

buxxy wrote:i think bout 15.5 mill or more

why are you answering your own questions???

:wwww
RedWolf35

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:44 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:
buxxy wrote:i think bout 15.5 mill or more

why are you answering your own questions???

:wwww

:laugh:
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion