This is why rafa should stay.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:37 am

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:So come on then - who do you want in as a replacement?

What are the reasons for your choice?

Why would they do any better int he long-run?

I put this question to everyone that wants him sacked.

Never get a good answer. Never will.

Heimdall's answer was classic - he wanted Sven or Paco. He was being serious. ???

If Rafa goes I would like Mourinho to take over.  It may not be the answer you would like or even think a good one but he would be my choice.

He has won cups and Titles both here and abroad, knows the prem and seems to have the knack of getting the best out of both foreign and English players in the "bread and butter" league games.

He won 5 cups over here in three years....... 2  league titles, 2 league cups and an FA CUP.

He won the league 4 years on the trot......2 at porto 2 at Chelsea, so I think he knows how to win titles. He has also won the Eufa cup and the CL so he knows a bit about Europe too.

I think he is as good as any that are available and most that arn't, I also think he might be tempted by the task at Liverpool, after all Chelsea hadn't won the title for 50 years before he took over, so it should be a breeze for him with us.

He seems to create a good spirit within his team and be a good motivator, he certainly doesn't lack confidence and doesn't seem to have major bliiiips.

I wouldn't expect him to come in and build a dynasty, so I would expect little money would be spent on the reserve and youth team, but I would expect him to build a title winning team perhaps quicker than his rivals. 

Basically he ticks most of the right boxes and like him or hate him he has been one of the most successful managers over the last few years.

Those are all very true and very valid points, Saint. Thing is, we as  a fan base - and I know myself included - enjoyed mocking him for what he was and probably still is, and that's being a pompous and arrogant w@nker who smells of sour grapes at times. Question is: could you really stomach seeing him in charge of us after hating him and Chelsea for so long? Wouldn't that just make us all hypocrites and fickle?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:39 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Heimdall's answer was classic - he wanted Sven or Paco. He was being serious. ???

That's because he's got a brain the size of a gnat's foreskin.

Gnates have foreskins?  ???
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:40 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

That's because he's got a brain the size of a gnat's foreskin.

Gnates have foreskins?  ???

Precisely.  :;):

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

If Rafa goes I would like Mourinho to take over.  It may not be the answer you would like or even think a good one but he would be my choice.

He has won cups and Titles both here and abroad, knows the prem and seems to have the knack of getting the best out of both foreign and English players in the "bread and butter" league games.

He won 5 cups over here in three years....... 2  league titles, 2 league cups and an FA CUP.

He won the league 4 years on the trot......2 at porto 2 at Chelsea, so I think he knows how to win titles. He has also won the Eufa cup and the CL so he knows a bit about Europe too.

I think he is as good as any that are available and most that arn't, I also think he might be tempted by the task at Liverpool, after all Chelsea hadn't won the title for 50 years before he took over, so it should be a breeze for him with us.

He seems to create a good spirit within his team and be a good motivator, he certainly doesn't lack confidence and doesn't seem to have major bliiiips.

I wouldn't expect him to come in and build a dynasty, so I would expect little money would be spent on the reserve and youth team, but I would expect him to build a title winning team perhaps quicker than his rivals. 

Basically he ticks most of the right boxes and like him or hate him he has been one of the most successful managers over the last few years.

Those are all very true and very valid points, Saint. Thing is, we as  a fan base - and I know myself included - enjoyed mocking him for what he was and probably still is, and that's being a pompous and arrogant w@nker who smells of sour grapes at times. Question is: could you really stomach seeing him in charge of us after hating him and Chelsea for so long? Wouldn't that just make us all hypocrites and fickle?

I think it will be difficult at first but once he has settled in and we have won a few games I think we will start seeing his comments as funny (when they are aimed in the other direction).

As with Owen coming back (I was in favour) I think we will soon move on if Mourinho takes over. I would certainly not dismiss signing him just because we didn't like him when he was with Chelsea. I hate Ronaldo with a passion, but I would sign him tomorrow given the chance. Maybe thats just me though.
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 am

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

I think it will be difficult at first but once he has settled in and we have won a few games I think we will start seeing his comments as funny (when they are aimed in the other direction).

As with Owen coming back (I was in favour) I think we will soon move on if Mourinho takes over. I would certainly not dismiss signing him just because we didn't like him when he was with Chelsea. I hate Ronaldo with a passion, but I would sign him tomorrow given the chance. Maybe thats just me though.

Me personally, it would be a very bitter pill to swallow seeing him in  charge. But I would accept it if it meant that we were to land a 19th and bring some stability. Still, though, I'm very much a person that looks for honesty and sincerity in a person's character. Rafa is head and shoulders a class above him when it comes to charm and his persona. He at least deserve respect for that alone.

Put it this way; I intend on painting a portrait of Rafa, digitally and traditionally with oil on canvas. I really don't think I'd ever allow myself to waste my time doing that in honour of Mourinho regardless if he brought us another league title or not.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:54 am

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Me personally, it would be a very bitter pill to swallow seeing him in  charge. But I would accept it if it meant that we were to land a 19th and bring some stability. Still, though, I'm very much a person that looks for honesty and sincerity in a person's character. Rafa is head and shoulders a class above him when it comes to charm and his persona. He at least deserve respect for that alone.

Put it this way; I intend on painting a portrait of Rafa, digitally and traditionally with oil on canvas. I really don't think I'd ever allow myself to waste my time doing that in honour of Mourinho regardless if he brought us another league title or not.

The problem is we don't "really know" the people we discuss. We just go by the impressions that we get from brief interviews, quotes and newspaper hype. Probably they are all completely different to the image we perceive from a distance.

I am not for a minute saying that Mourinho is really a saint, but maybe he's not as bad as he has been painted either. I know he disgraced himself at Cardiff in the league cup final and  few of his comments have been cringeworthy, but judging him on his ability alone I would say he would probably be our best option.

Whether he would be accepted for his personality is the real question. I think I could , but maybe others could never accept him?
account deleted by request

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 am

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

The problem is we don't "really know" the people we discuss. We just go by the impressions that we get from brief interviews, quotes and newspaper hype. Probably they are all completely different to the image we perceive from a distance.

I am not for a minute saying that Mourinho is really a saint, but maybe he's not as bad as he has been painted either. I know he disgraced himself at Cardiff in the league cup final and  few of his comments have been cringeworthy, but judging him on his ability alone I would say he would probably be our best option.

Whether he would be accepted for his personality is the real question. I think I could , but maybe others could never accept him?

He would be accepted without doubt. The comments he makes only annoy when you are on the recieving end, we'd probably find them funny and see them for what they are, attempts at deflecting pressure, and to gain the team an advantage. All he'd have to say is.......

' I HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED LFC AND ITS FANS'   

'THE ATMOSPHERE CREATED IN THE CL SEMIS, WAS FRIGHTENING AND MADE THE DIFFERENCE'

'THE FANS ARE DIFFERENT TO ANY OTHERS, AND I FEEL I ALWAYS HAD AN UNDERSTANDING AND MUTUAL RESPECT'

and the soppy pr@ts that we are, we'd say all is forgiven.

I'm not sure if his kind of motivation (IMO) would work long term, and whether he could build long term, but he would get an immediate reaction from the team, and is probably the only manager who could come in and keep players like Reina, Torres, Alonso and Gerrard from getting itchy feet.

He is the only manager out there who fits the criteria, the only one i think is on par with Rafa, BUT I cannot see him ever coming, not a chance imo. Not with the lack of funds that is apparant, with the lack of understanding of football from the owners. Too much hassle to come to LFC.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby JohnBull » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 am

At a time when we've got a side which, to a large extent, are a bit on the thick side we've managed to collect a group of supporters which, to a large extent, are even thicker.

The only time you hear good debates about the current team are the European away games. Hard core supporters who think about the game and who talk about it honestly. If only Raffa would take the time to sit down with those fans.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:54 am

JohnBull Posted on Feb. 01 2008,10:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At a time when we've got a side which, to a large extent, are a bit on the thick side we've managed to collect a group of supporters which, to a large extent, are even thicker.

The only time you hear good debates about the current team are the European away games. Hard core supporters who think about the game and who talk about it honestly. If only Raffa would take the time to sit down with those fans.

are you saying the majority of LFC players and fans are idiots?
burjennio

Postby JohnBull » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:30 pm

burjennio wrote:
JohnBull Posted on Feb. 01 2008,10:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you saying the majority of LFC players and fans are idiots?

YUP !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:57 pm

It's not a popularity contest.  If Mourinho is the man who takes over from Rafa then so be it.  I'll welcome any manager who I believe can win the title.  He may be a lot of things but he's a top manager with the right ideas.  None of this rotation nonsense.  He's like Wenger, Ferguson and Grant in that they play their best team as often as possible.  Rafa doesn't and it shows.  He won't win the league with his system, it doesn't work in the Prem.  If he was prepared to change his system I would have probably have a different perspective but knowing Rafa he won't.  I won't defend him any longer, this season is over again as far as the league is concerned.
Rockthekop

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:20 pm

The_Rock wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:ps Rafa is not fit to clean Shanklys boots BTW

Are you deliberately trying to wind Lando up?

Are you lando's knight in shining armour ?  :eyebrow

Why are you as thick as shit?
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:22 pm

I think you should be carded.
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:ps Rafa is not fit to clean Shanklys boots BTW

Are you deliberately trying to wind Lando up?

Are you lando's knight in shining armour ?  :eyebrow

Why are you as thick as shit?

Mod...please card this freak.....  :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:36 pm

It's nice to be appreciated  :D
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion