This is why rafa should stay.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 pm

nobybob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:if you really think we are progressing then fair play. personally i think we're going backwards lately... just my opinion though.

and yes, there were good times, and back in the day managers had mroe time to get it right, but... i dunno, how much money we need to chuck at players to win the league? we need to do a chelsea?

i do think we are progressing mate, we now have a word class striker in Torres, and i feel we are only 1 or maybe 2 players away from the team we all want. As i have said i know RAFA has made mistakes we probably even agree on what those mistakes were BUT--there has been so much going on behind the scenes this year , some we know of and allot I'm sure that we know nothing of. RAFA has been under immense pressure and now is the time he needs our support he deserves some leeway for gods sake. His C.V cannot be questioned CL,uefa,fa, la liga --all that's missing is the premier and i firmly believe that given time and support from the owners and the fans he will achieve this and he will be spoken of in the same terms as shanks in the annuls of LFC history.

we aint 1 or 2 players away

more like 4 in my opinion

partner for torres

left winger, right winger

and left back

dont let benayouns recent hatrick blind you, he is an ok player for the squad because he can play many positions but he doesnt have the quality against the top teams
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:12 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
nobybob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:if you really think we are progressing then fair play. personally i think we're going backwards lately... just my opinion though.

and yes, there were good times, and back in the day managers had mroe time to get it right, but... i dunno, how much money we need to chuck at players to win the league? we need to do a chelsea?

i do think we are progressing mate, we now have a word class striker in Torres, and i feel we are only 1 or maybe 2 players away from the team we all want. As i have said i know RAFA has made mistakes we probably even agree on what those mistakes were BUT--there has been so much going on behind the scenes this year , some we know of and allot I'm sure that we know nothing of. RAFA has been under immense pressure and now is the time he needs our support he deserves some leeway for gods sake. His C.V cannot be questioned CL,uefa,fa, la liga --all that's missing is the premier and i firmly believe that given time and support from the owners and the fans he will achieve this and he will be spoken of in the same terms as shanks in the annuls of LFC history.

partner for torres

and left back

dont let benayouns recent hatrick blind you, he is an ok player for the squad because he can play many positions but he doesnt have the quality against the top teams

right wing possibly although gerrard could play there and we would still have a decent midfield but yes i prefer him in the middle. --Partner for torres, maybe we could try babbel there for a few games then we will know for sure, but be it 1 or 2 > or 3 or 4  we are still progressing
nobybob

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4

:laugh: :laugh:

OMG! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:15 pm

nobybob wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
nobybob wrote:

partner for torres

and left back

right wing possibly although gerrard could play there and we would still have a decent midfield but yes i prefer him in the middle. --Partner for torres, maybe we could try babbel there for a few games then will will no for sure, but be it 1 or 2 > or 3 or 4  we are still progressing

I think we could win it with the players we have right now, when the team is not mixed about we look great.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Number 9 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Number 9 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4

:D

Too funny that!
Barnsy thinks he s proper rapper and Brucey as well! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:25 pm

lakes10 wrote:
nobybob wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
nobybob wrote:

partner for torres

and left back

right wing possibly although gerrard could play there and we would still have a decent midfield but yes i prefer him in the middle. --Partner for torres, maybe we could try babbel there for a few games then will will no for sure, but be it 1 or 2 > or 3 or 4  we are still progressing

I think we could win it with the players we have right now, when the team is not mixed about we look great.

wonders never cease i think we may actually agree (to a certain extent LAKES) and i think RAFA has learnt his lesson on rotation ,IMHO one of the mistakes he has made . If there is someone out there that could step in and immediately give us the PL we all crave then please put the names forward lets discuss them. Personally i feel there is no one out there that has a better chance than RAFA and don't want us to turn into the next NEWCASTLE who will never realise that's its not all about money and big names it takes time.
nobybob

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:32 pm

nobybob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
nobybob wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
nobybob wrote:

partner for torres

and left back

wonders never cease i think we may actually agree (to a certain extent LAKES) and i think RAFA has learnt his lesson on rotation ,IMHO one of the mistakes he has made . If there is someone out there that could step in and immediately give us the PL we all crave then please put the names forward lets discuss them. Personally i feel there is no one out there that has a better chance than RAFA and don't want us to turn into the next NEWCASTLE who will never realise that's its not all about money and big names it takes time.

thats just it mate, i dont think Rafa will ever learn his lesson on rotation. It works great in the CL but not in the prem, and that is why i feel that if we wish to win the pream we must look for a new manager, but i have no idea who.......almost better the devil you know for me right know.

I would love to have a British manager but who??? there is none that could do the job.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 pm

It's Ok if you're "Happy Scrappy" (ie happy to be scrapping for fourth place every year :p ) but if you have ambitions that we might one day challenge for the title, the time to put sentiment aside is almost upon us. Contrary to what some recent members of this forum are making out, some of us aren't "turning on Rafa" but have had grave reservations about some of the methodology for a few of seasons now.

Were it not for the behind the scenes nonsense, it is quite possible that there would be an almost universal acceptance that the time is almost upon us. If anybody cares to look through some of the permanent feature threads earlier in the season, you will see on there that almost all fans' expectations visa-vis league effort were some way ahead of what we are likely to achieve.

Talk of lack of funds compared to Chelsea and Manchester United is all very well (although not as it happens compared to Arsenal, who have built a genuine league title challenge on a relative shoestring budget) but what about the comparison visa vis transfer funds to our main rivals? Looking at the League you can stop any talk of comparing us to the top three because by the end of the season we are likely going to need a pair of binoculars to chart their progress. Unpalettable as it may be, our real rivals this season in the league are particularly Everton, and to a slightly lesser extent Aston Villa and Man City. It's interesting to note that in seven matches against other teams in the top seven, we've won two. Anyway, how does our budget in terms of transfer fees, and in terms of overall squad wages compare to Everton, Manchester City and Villa?

Loyalty and perseverance is a fine thing, equally clarity of thought is much needed sometimes. Over the years we've had great players, fine servants to the club who have been ruthlessly culled as they pass their sell by date. We've accepted that because the club comes first. I'll accept it when it happens with the manager too to be honest. Would I give him 50 million quid to buy more "options" and "possibilities", so we can makle 75 changes to the first team in the first fifteen matches of the season, so we can try Crouch, Gerrard, Voronin, Riise, Aurelio, Kuyt on the left wing, so we can fiddle around with the formation on random occasions confusing ourselves into oblivion, so we can sit our top scorer from last saeason on his erse all this season while playing a guy who looks about as much like scoring as John Merrick at a debs ball? To be perfectly honest, no I wouldn't.

If you can't compete financially, you put together a plan. Yes you search the globe for young players in the hope of discovering a star. You must however play them and give them an opportunity, not only does this give you a look, it gives you more chance of securing the real jewels throughout the World if they think they'll be given a chance. What else do you do? Well, you try and build the very best team you can. Not two teams, not "options", not "possibilites", but the best team of players you can. You approach every game against anyone outside the big four going all out for the win. Pie in the sky? Maybe, but one of the teams in the top two have done it so maybe not.

I tell you this though. You will never get there while trying to build two teams, stretching your rescources so thin you have journeymen players and then by "Rafa styling" it throughout the season. "Keeping players fresh" and all that utter tripe. Fresh for what? So we can fight it out with Everton for fourth every year? Happy scrappies are entitled to their view and I'm entitled to mine. "Give him another year", "give him another two years" and all that stuff. Give him another ten if you want, but you don't win the League by doing it that way, nobody ever has and nobody ever will.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hishhish » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:44 pm

I agree that we are close, and we are progressing, but I think we have hit a set back. Although, our points total is better and we are closer (by points) to the top ( I think).
I support Rafa because, If we cannot give him more money (which seems like we cannot, or will not), then we have to let him work within the current budget, and give him what we can afford (which I think is support and time).
I would add, for the money he has at his disposal, he has not much more winners than losers. Alonso, Torres, Bellamy, Crouch, even Sissoko, is worth more now than we bought him.
give rafa until the end of his contract
hishhish

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:51 pm

lakes10 wrote:
nobybob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
nobybob wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
nobybob wrote:

partner for torres

and left back

thats just it mate, i dont think Rafa will ever learn his lesson on rotation. It works great in the CL but not in the prem, and that is why i feel that if we wish to win the pream we must look for a new manager, but i have no idea who.......almost better the devil you know for me right know.

I would love to have a British manager but who??? there is none that could do the job.

I think he has learnt his lesson with rotation Torres for one plays most of the time now, but Rafa could not just stop rotating all at once BANG as this would have been an admission he had been wrong. Now IMO he is gradually phasing out the over rotation.
As for who comes in , a couple of qualities they will need is a determination to succeed here and a love of all that is great about our club. RAFA has already shown this by not taking the REAL MADRID job , think about it , one of the top teams in the world  MONEY< HISTORY> and most importantly Spanish his home nation not many managers would say no to that but Rafa did --WHY
nobybob

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:59 pm

nobybob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
nobybob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
nobybob wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
nobybob wrote:

partner for torres

and left back

I think he has learnt his lesson with rotation Torres for one plays most of the time now, but Rafa could not just stop rotating all at once BANG as this would have been an admission he had been wrong. Now IMO he is gradually phasing out the over rotation.
As for who comes in , a couple of qualities they will need is a determination to succeed here and a love of all that is great about our club. RAFA has already shown this by not taking the REAL MADRID job , think about it , one of the top teams in the world  MONEY< HISTORY> and most importantly Spanish his home nation not many managers would say no to that but Rafa did --WHY

yes but not all of it was down to rotation, he still puts out what he thinks is the best team  sometimes and he will put Kuyt or Voronin in.

other days he will put Hobbs or Kewell in.

the point being that the team still dont know how to play with each other, when we have had the same team for a few games we have looked great.

as i say i dont think thigs like that are doing to rotation, its down to stubbornness.

annd yes i do think a lot of it is down to himlosing his right hand man and i think that was down to stubbornness as well.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm

bigmick wrote:It's Ok if you're "Happy Scrappy" (ie happy to be scrapping for fourth place every year :p ) but if you have ambitions that we might one day challenge for the title, the time to put sentiment aside is almost upon us. Contrary to what some recent members of this forum are making out, some of us aren't "turning on Rafa" but have had grave reservations about some of the methodology for a few of seasons now.

Were it not for the behind the scenes nonsense, it is quite possible that there would be an almost universal acceptance that the time is almost upon us. If anybody cares to look through some of the permanent feature threads earlier in the season, you will see on there that almost all fans' expectations visa-vis league effort were some way ahead of what we are likely to achieve.

Talk of lack of funds compared to Chelsea and Manchester United is all very well (although not as it happens compared to Arsenal, who have built a genuine league title challenge on a relative shoestring budget) but what about the comparison visa vis transfer funds to our main rivals? Looking at the League you can stop any talk of comparing us to the top three because by the end of the season we are likely going to need a pair of binoculars to chart their progress. Unpalettable as it may be, our real rivals this season in the league are particularly Everton, and to a slightly lesser extent Aston Villa and Man City. It's interesting to note that in seven matches against other teams in the top seven, we've won two. Anyway, how does our budget in terms of transfer fees, and in terms of overall squad wages compare to Everton, Manchester City and Villa?

Loyalty and perseverance is a fine thing, equally clarity of thought is much needed sometimes. Over the years we've had great players, fine servants to the club who have been ruthlessly culled as they pass their sell by date. We've accepted that because the club comes first. I'll accept it when it happens with the manager too to be honest. Would I give him 50 million quid to buy more "options" and "possibilities", so we can makle 75 changes to the first team in the first fifteen matches of the season, so we can try Crouch, Gerrard, Voronin, Riise, Aurelio, Kuyt on the left wing, so we can fiddle around with the formation on random occasions confusing ourselves into oblivion, so we can sit our top scorer from last saeason on his erse all this season while playing a guy who looks about as much like scoring as John Merrick at a debs ball? To be perfectly honest, no I wouldn't.

If you can't compete financially, you put together a plan. Yes you search the globe for young players in the hope of discovering a star. You must however play them and give them an opportunity, not only does this give you a look, it gives you more chance of securing the real jewels throughout the World if they think they'll be given a chance. What else do you do? Well, you try and build the very best team you can. Not two teams, not "options", not "possibilites", but the best team of players you can. You approach every game against anyone outside the big four going all out for the win. Pie in the sky? Maybe, but one of the teams in the top two have done it so maybe not.

I tell you this though. You will never get there while trying to build two teams, stretching your rescources so thin you have journeymen players and then by "Rafa styling" it throughout the season. "Keeping players fresh" and all that utter tripe. Fresh for what? So we can fight it out with Everton for fourth every year? Happy scrappies are entitled to their view and I'm entitled to mine. "Give him another year", "give him another two years" and all that stuff. Give him another ten if you want, but you don't win the League by doing it that way, nobody ever has and nobody ever will.

My support has little to do with sentimentality mick, i was sorry when G.H went but i knew it was the right decision and in the best interests of the club. But i am convinced that RAFA going would be a huge blow in our hopes for the future for the reasons previously stated.
nobybob

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes LAKES Paco's loss has been a big blow to RAFA he needs someone in there now to help him   __who though any ideas ??

And yes there have been times especially against the so called lesser teams , when Rafa has played KUYT or VORONIN when there has been other better options available . But they have still been part of a team that should have still been more than capable of doing the job and have underachieved dramatically letting us and RAFA down.

Still i cannot deny this was a mistake by Rafa they all make mistakes MOUREEN ,FERGIE ,WENGER, all of them . Give RAFA the benefit of the doubt with all that's gone on owner wise this year and forgive his mistakes. Is there anyone can watch some of the videos post previously and say he doesn't deserve that chance??
nobybob

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 pm

nobybob wrote:Yes LAKES Paco's loss has been a big blow to RAFA he needs someone in there now to help him   __who though any ideas ??

And yes there have been times especially against the so called lesser teams , when Rafa has played KUYT or VORONIN when there has been other better options available . But they have still been part of a team that should have still been more than capable of doing the job and have underachieved dramatically letting us and RAFA down.

Still i cannot deny this was a mistake by Rafa they all make mistakes MOUREEN ,FERGIE ,WENGER, all of them . Give RAFA the benefit of the doubt with all that's gone on owner wise this year and forgive his mistakes. Is there anyone can watch some of the videos post previously and say he doesn't deserve that chance??

when things started to go wrong i said that Rafa should get a old boy on the bench, could even be king kenny, any of the old liverpool boys would do or anyone that knows English football well.

the thing about giving him a chance is that if he blows it we will be right back to the start again, new manager building for a new year, is it not better to get a manager now and let him play with the team till the start of the new football year... not sure
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion