This is why rafa should stay.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Dundalk wrote:Im with Number 9 on this one.

A lot has gone on this season behind closed doors and its been on every TV channel and Newspaper. Now if that dosent affect the team and the manager then nothing will. As far as the league goes this season is a write off and we should just make sure we get 4th.

A few nice cup runs would go down well but really we should put all this messing going on to bed and get prepared to go in to next season as a more stable club........with Rafa as our manager.

Give the man some proper money to spend in the summer and watch us go!

:nod

No free anger management classes for you mate!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:51 pm

I posted this earlier, it still applies

I think it is really unfair to judge Rafa on this season. Team building takes time you only need to look at fergie to realise that. In the time he has been here his achievements have been nothing short of fantastic if we take the league out of the equation. But lets face it last season we were missing a world class striker and that really hurt our challenge (or lack of ) for the league. Rafa has in my opinion definitely rectified that problem with the purchase of torres, and with the backing of the owners there may have been a couple more telling signings. This season has been a nightmare for Rafa i think the loss of pako had a big impact, several players have badly underachieved ,not naming names but we all know who they are. Then came the real biggy, any hopes Rafa had to  buy and sell his way out of the situation he was in were swiftly kicked in the head when our American friends told Rafa he could not sell or buy even on a bossman. This rendered the poor man more or less impotent so to speak to add to this he new his job was on the line and he was being undermined by the yanks at every turn, because he"d had the ordacity to inform the fans of the restrictions he had been placed under. The pressure must have been immense and OK he has made a few mistakes at times, and he has plain been unlucky at others when we have dominated games only to succumb to some late sucker punch. These are just the things we know about imagine the goings on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. And now just to add salt to the wounds the voice of the Rafa out brigade fans is becoming louder, how quickly they forget the many fantastic nights this man has given us , nights that other teams fans would die for. Give the man a chance , in my book he more than deserves that!!   

I can kind of accept the yanks wanting to get rid of Rafa they are at the end of the day ignorant of what Liverpool really  is. OK they may have been to a few games they may have seen a few videos spoke to a few ex players etc but that's it.

But us the fans we have no excuse we have lived the history we have been there , we've felt the ecstasy and at times the pain. For most of us LFC is an integral part of our lives ,like family and friends , how could the yanks ever understand that???

Now some fans are turning on RAFA. One question who would you replace him with ??  who has done as much for us as RAFA?? who could give us that instant success we crave?? is there some one can give us all what we want with no mistakes, i seriously doubt it.
has Rafa made mistakes !most definitely, but he has something that Maureen and the other names being spouted don't have THE MAN LOVES THE CLUB,THE FANS ,THE CITY, enough to put up with all the sh-t he has taken and guess what i love the man right back if only for that.
nobybob

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:58 pm

yeah, hes having a great season in the league and cups, we breezed though the champs league, hes spent money real wisely, give him another 50 million!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:yeah, hes having a great season in the league and cups, we breezed though the champs league, hes spent money real wisely, give him another 50 million!

you got a real memory problem dont you lad
how quick they forget << sad
nobybob

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:22 pm

dawson99 wrote:yeah, hes having a great season in the league and cups, we breezed though the champs league, hes spent money real wisely, give him another 50 million!

yeah baby ..........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:49 pm

nobybob wrote:

you got a real memory problem dont you lad
how quick they forget << sad

with the premiership/top league i do, its been a while in case youve forgotten... i dont want to just be a cup team, and rafa has had plenty of money and a fair bit of time, and lately we're just going backwards, thats all im saying.

you might be happy scrapping for 4th place, but im not
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lclPTuSnkIQ&feature=related
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:17 pm

All well and good, but i dont think the internet was even invented when we last won the league :;):
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:29 pm

the mancs have won the league a few times lately---but they won nothing whith fergie for the first few years WHY??
was it cos he was a bad manager ,, a lack of transfer funds,, support from the fans,,? ???/

the message being give RAFA time have faith the pieces will all come together.. he has already achieved so much more than fergie ever did in his first few years as you well know.
im sure you were as drunk and singing as loud as me one night in may a while back
nobybob

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5v1tPMcpTs

this was a good time.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:31 pm

if you really think we are progressing then fair play. personally i think we're going backwards lately... just my opinion though.

and yes, there were good times, and back in the day managers had mroe time to get it right, but... i dunno, how much money we need to chuck at players to win the league? we need to do a chelsea?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:if you really think we are progressing then fair play. personally i think we're going backwards lately... just my opinion though.

and yes, there were good times, and back in the day managers had mroe time to get it right, but... i dunno, how much money we need to chuck at players to win the league? we need to do a chelsea?

if we are going backwards lately with a bit of luck we will soon be as good as we was in the 1980's lol
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:55 pm

dawson99 wrote:if you really think we are progressing then fair play. personally i think we're going backwards lately... just my opinion though.

i do think we are progressing mate, we now have a word class striker in Torres, and i feel we are only 1 or maybe 2 players away from the team we all want. As i have said i know RAFA has made mistakes we probably even agree on what those mistakes were BUT--there has been so much going on behind the scenes this year , some we know of and allot I'm sure that we know nothing of. RAFA has been under immense pressure and now is the time he needs our support he deserves some leeway for gods sake. His C.V cannot be questioned CL,uefa,fa, la liga --all that's missing is the premier and i firmly believe that given time and support from the owners and the fans he will achieve this and he will be spoken of in the same terms as shanks in the annuls of LFC history.
nobybob

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:57 pm

is it just me or is the Liverpool vs Havant & Waterlooville 26/01 3pm, In-Match Discussion thread playing up, there are posts on there that are not showing???
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:57 pm

i will support him (my condition is we need to keep progressing every season)

at the moment we are heading backwards rather than forwards
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion