Theres still two pieces of silverware - To be won

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:22 am

After the nightmarish season we have had thus far, all is not lost we can still win the Champions League and F.A.Cup its time to lift the doom and gloom.

A few weeks ago with the storm clouds gathering over the club and not even westerly winds were shifting them we looked doomed everyone was on a downer.

The sun started shinning through a bit after the Sunderland game not the prettiest of performances but it was a win and a bit more confidence.

I know this has been said millions of times but I believe we turned the corner against Chelsea and should have won and probably would have if Torres would have been fit.

A draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is an excellent result seen as no one has won there for 4 years in the prem, and considering the circumstances the weeks building up to the game most of us would have bitten your hands off for a point.

Events off the pitch have lead to our decline this season I dont care what anyone says, but it seems the focus has been put back on it for the time being.

I know everyone was gutted when the realisation became a reality that we wouldnt win the prem, but we have to accept the fact that we are short of a few world class players, wingers and another striker, its been the case for years.
Add to that the injuries of Agger and Alonso that has played a part in what promised to be a great season.

It still can finish great though not with the prem crown, but with a European Trophey and an F.A.Cup two more tropheys to add to our cabinet.

So all is not lost I have a feeling the tricky reds will pull a blinder out of the bag on tuesday against Inter and do the same 3 weeks later and knock them out.

Inconsistant and unpredictable guilty on both counts which favours us in the CL, the rotation even though most of us hate it, is a valueable asset in the CL, because Rafa outwits the managers in these games because they cant prepare their teams properly against us.

I was on an Inter forum yesterday and a fenerbache fan said to the Inter fans who where high on confidence "Be carefull Liverpool are a rape team" :D

It made me laugh because they think we are pushovers and they will slaughter us, I however think otherwise.

Never write the reds off, even when all else seems to be lost.
I know there is a lot of disgruntled fans around with the way the season has turned out and some want Rafa to leave.
But one thing we have to thank the man for is putting us back onto the European Map and only a fool will say otherwise.

Its time to get a bit of the feel good factor back the team needs us, if we are negative they feel it, so lets start being positive atleast till the end of the season there is light at the end of the tunnel.

All the focus can now be on winning the European Cup for the 6th time and what a fantastic trophey that is to win no one else has our record in that competition in England.

So heres to a great end to one of the worst seasons for quite a while what ever happens at the end of it happen we can dissguss that at a later date in the summer.

But for now lets get some confidence back in our players, they can do it we know they can so lets start believeing in them again.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:10 am

really hope we do well in the champions league (ie...winning it)..else this season will be a massive write-off.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:46 am

The_Rock wrote:really hope we do well in the champions league (ie...winning it)..else this season will be a massive write-off.

What about the FA cup ?

We are on the verge of the quarters, we should progress against Barnsley and one of the two main threats will be going out.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:48 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
The_Rock wrote:really hope we do well in the champions league (ie...winning it)..else this season will be a massive write-off.

What about the FA cup ?

We are on the verge of the quarters, we should progress against Barnsley and one of the two main threats will be going out.

its bad that we get excited about one of the big 2 going out mate rather than being confident that it doesnt matter who is left in we will still beat them

:down:

just how low have we sank    :down:
112-1077774096

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:52 am

peewee wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

What about the FA cup ?

its bad that we get excited about one of the big 2 going out mate rather than being confident that it doesnt matter who is left in we will still beat them

In any day and age peewee i think that we would be happy if the chances of winning a competition were increased.

I am not saying i dont think we could beat united or Arsenal, just that it makes winning a major trophy easier if we dont have to play them.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 am

Ace Ventura wrote:

What about the FA cup ?

Its the champions league or the premier league....thats how LFC should be judged.

Winning the FA cup will be nice though....but i prefer the champions league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:00 am

The_Rock wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

What about the FA cup ?

Its the champions league or the premier league....thats how LFC should be judged.

Winning the FA cup will be nice though....but i prefer the champions league.

So would i...but if we won the FA cup and finished fourth i wouldnt consider the season a write off at all.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:37 am

Well considering our poor form over recent months I'm happy and suprised to find we're still in the hunt for two cups. Although I do have the feeling Inter will knock us out, hope not of course but ....

We do have a real chance in the F.A cup I hope we get soemthing at the end of this horrible season. :(
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 am

We have scored 80 goals this season, have the best defensive record, and are the best team away from home, we have only lost 3 times, its just unfortunate we couldnt turn a lot of them 11 draws into wins.

But them stats are not bad atall it feels worst than it looks because of our position in the league.

Plus we scored more goals in the CL than any other team even more than Arsenal.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:45 am

peewee wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

What about the FA cup ?

Not really. This helps with our odds. It would be much more likely that we make it to the final if we avoid playing the big teams. I don't mind getting one of them. But having to play two or three in a cup run is pushing it. I've no doubt we'll be playing one of them, though. Whatever stage it is at, it will more or less count as a final. It's just you would rather be playing in the actual final when playing one of them.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 am

:love: Nanny luv, since you've been flirting with S@int and others I've decided to give you the elbow, Cigy is my treacle now. :D

Right back to the football, We'll win the FA cup  :buttrock
66-1112520797

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:51 am

Ciggy wrote:We have scored 80 goals this season, have the best defensive record, and are the best team away from home, we have only lost 3 times, its just unfortunate we couldnt turn a lot of them 11 draws into wins.

But them stats are not bad atall it feels worst than it looks because of our position in the league.

Plus we scored more goals in the CL than any other team even more than Arsenal.

Stats that all indicate that our problems are nowhere near as bad as a lot on here and other forums make out as far as our team is concerned. Our inability to finish teams off can be directly contributed to our lack of quality in one particular area of the pitch and that's out wide where we need quality to hurt teams on counter-attacks to nick that winning goal. I believed in the summer that it was paramount to fix these areas in order for us to challenge for the league. It is clear Rafa didn't fix this highlighted area. Or wasn't able or allowed to.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Right now, I think we're pretty away of these silverwares. Lots of things have to be improved in our game if we want to be in any of the finals, especially in the CL.

Some people are saying that their judgement on Rafa depends on whether he reaches another CL final or not. Well, IMHO, reaching a CL final is a hell lot more difficult than it seems to be for Liverpool as of late. You have to have the quality, and besides that doing everything spot on.

Lots of things must be improved in all fronts (Owners, Rafa's decissions, Proper backing of Rafa, players giving 110%) if we want to be there again. Of course Liverpool has the potential  the quality and the spirit to sort these things, now we must do it.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:42 pm

Bamaga man wrote: :love: Nanny luv, since you've been flirting with S@int and others I've decided to give you the elbow, Cigy is my treacle now. :D

Right back to the football, We'll win the FA cup  :buttrock

:laugh: I nearly fell off my chair when I read that  :laugh:  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
account deleted by request

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Beating Luton, some non league team,Barnsely, maybe an easy quarter final, and then two games just doesn't get me all excited.

If we beat Manure or Arsenal AND then Chelsea later it'd mean more to me than them all knocking each other out and us getting easy path to final and then winning just won game against a decent team to win a trophy.

Beating Manure in final but would be fantastic but beating Southampton or somebody like that wouldn't really excite me.

Champions league will though - looking forward to Inter Milan. This is when the CL really gets exciting :buttrock
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion