Then there were two. - Blokes who'd get in at arsenal.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:41 pm

I think there's little doubt that Gerrard would be a regular in the Arsenal team, now I think Alonso would give Vierra a run as well. The reason I make the point is that its a good measure of where you are if you look at how many of your players would get in the best teams.
Sami would go close but I suspect the greater pace and mobility of Torre and Campbell would nudge him out. Josemi would run Lauren close and I have hopes that Garcia maybe will develope into something special. i don't think any of our current front players would get in though I suspect if playing, Kirkland is better than Lehman. Things are looking up though, the list was very short last season with no other possibilities.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:54 pm

the problem is not so much playing man for man as we would come out not so far off each other ( and a long way infront of the Mancs) but that as a team of 11 men on that pitch Arsenal have a mindset and tactical awareness that makes the sum much greater than it's actual parts. Players like Henry,pires,Reyes,Viera,cole etc are working together with little effort and produce some of the best football i have see in the last couple of years consistantly and that is the key to them the consistacy they would play every game as they same team Injurys and susspetions permitting and that is why Wenger is so good cause whan they are missing a player like campbell or viera they are not missed at all they just work harder to make it seem like he is there. They are playing how we did in the 70's and 80's with no-one to fear and just playing good football and they are winning. I am realistic enough to know we are not going to take the title this time but i think it will not be leaving Highbury this year either.

If raffa can build a team spirit and sence of one-ness then we will be closer than any one else as we have the tallent it's just the belief and the effort that now needs to be crafted and honed into the side and then we will regain our rightfull place at the top of the league.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:57 pm

well ehs had them on go kart bonding sessions so that has to help, at least now we look more like a unit and not sitting back as much
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:09 pm

I definately agree blind that theirs is a team greater than the sum of its parts. They do however posess some wonderful players, not just the stars, even tha back-ups are top-class (Edu, Clichy, Fabregas etc). As for the stars, Campbell, Vierra, Cole, Pires, Henri, Ljunberg, Reyes would probably get in a premiership 1st eleven tactics or not, which does tend to help.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:47 pm

ljunberg? no way, average
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:50 pm

kirkland

josemi           hyypia         campbell           cole

garcia            gerrard        vieira              pires

henry          reyes
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 106-1093504160 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:58 pm

banks, socrates, junior, lawrenson, hansen, gerrard, s matthews, pele, b charlton, lineker, puskas

reserves, fontaine, greaves, grobbellaar, falco, henry, dalglish
106-1093504160

Postby Paul C » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:00 pm

I'd be tempted to play Garcia behind the front two :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:03 pm

why paul, he played well on the wing, in fact he scored 16 goals on the left for barca
106-1093504160

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion