6 The Scouting System
No votes
7 Too Many poor players
11%
8 Everbody Else
6%
9 Chelsea Aresenal And Man U
No votes
10 The fans for not supporting the team.
11%

Total votes : 18

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:53 pm

Well I reckon it is "all of the above" to some extent, though some more than others.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:54 pm

Weakest Points:

1)Striker to partner Owen
2)Pacey centre back to partner Hyypia
3)Quality right sided midfielder

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:00 pm

And how many of those were a problem before this season but Houllier didn't do anything about? We spent money on Le Tallec and Pongolle but perhaps didn't spend enough on the players who are going to be doing the business week in, week out
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:01 pm

We have a 32 man first team squad.Real madrid have only 23.We are doing something wrong.Quantity over quality perhaps?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TJAMES » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:05 pm

definatly we need quality insted of s##t players from senigal that have not been heard of before the world cup
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby dillion » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:36 pm

stu the red .SPOT ON i bring the kid with me now it,s the only way of getting im a sleep .   remember the goosebumps +hairs standing up as u walked up sleepers hill  some r still dreamin now:cool:
dillion

Postby big al » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:59 pm

Stu I disagree any game I've watched this year I have'nt heard the players get a barracking form the fans.  even Houleir Has got the odd chant.  I agree the there is now a silence the prevails over the place but thats due to the poor play on the field and the quality of the sides put out.  I don't except that people like you sit and refuse to cheer on the team.  You say your a passionate fan, well mate If I really excepted that everything was a rosy as you make out. I'd be singing my head off and f##k everyone else.  Truth is that everywhere you look there are dejected fans at Liverpool games, believe me if this cr#p on and off the pitch continues then the apathetic fans will start to show just what they really think.  Anyone who blames the fans is also blaming themselves in which case Houliers right and we are all idiots.  I know many fans blame individual players but I don't subscribe to theat point even with regard to Old Igor.  Houlier picks them  Its not there fault if they're not good enough.  You cant expect soldiers to win a war if you send the cooks and strecher barriers out to fight and don't give them any guns into the bargain. So stu wise up and get off the fans backs  its the fans who made liverpool and the fans that will sustain them we don't sing walk on because were like shitty Man U glory hunters we sing because we are loyal and true And we have faith in a ethos that great managers fostered.  Your mate Houlier is  being unfaithful to the principles and ideals that made Liverpool and us who and what whe are. The best football fans and most knowledgeable in the world.  Fact more liverpool fans No where Old trafford is than Man U fans.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Wendi Richter » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:05 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Idiots like redandblue.

Plain and simple.

I go every f##king week and the atmosphere is sickening almost to the stage where i don't want to go. Every player in that side looks nervous in the home matches because of the abuse, pressure and barracking they recieve every f##king week even Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, Sami Hyypia are getting it now aswell and clearly look nervous every match.

Every game i go to i sing my f##kin tits off with the other 5 in the same stand as me while the other 10,000 muppets sit there abusing the players.

With the players we have the fans can motivate the team but most of you w#nk##s clearly want us to fail so sit there in silence and abuse. Thats the main source of motivation I don't care what anyone says. The game against Roma was the perfect example. Had to win 2-0... the atmosphere was electric and thats why we won the game. The same for all the europian nights, the wins against United etc etc.

Maybe if you all done yourr bit things would go back to the way they where. Lets face it... since we finished second the only thing thats changed greatly is the the attitude of the fans. Everything else remains the same.

Theyre nervous cos Ged has made them so scared to lose. Instead of daring to win. Like it or not the focus at the club is all a#se about.

Its Moores fault re The Poll, The buck stops with The Chairman, always has, always will.
I need a leg, I buy a leg. Not a lamp.
Wendi Richter

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:48 pm

Stu, I see your point (to an extent) but there's no point in singing and cheering when your team gets beat at home by Southampton.

I cheer the team on as best I can but you have to draw the line somewhere.

I really get the feeling Stu that you use your posts to promote yourself as being "Liverpool biggest fan".

Get a life, dude!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:00 am

No mate.

I want other fans to show the same level of support i do.

I swear to god if that ground was full of 40,000 stu_the_reds it would be the best atmosphere you've ever heard and the players would be full of confidence and always be warned with man on shouts etc etc. I've not been to one game this season and come home without a sore throat and i never will unless i lose my voice.

I always sing along, i always try and start songs. Most of the time i just carry on when all the snobs and shirt wearers just sit there looking. I couldn't give a flying f##k what they think of me.

All i know is i have unlimited passion for this club, the city and i am proud i'm scouse. I will always be the same. Weather we are the best in europe, a mid table division 1 team... it won't effect my love for the club.

I will always be a realist aswell and not expect the impossible in short tiny spaces of time.

Big Al. Not being funny mate, every time we've been beaten or drew with the exception of spurs at home the "fans" have booed, they've done it when we're winning aswell. I've been in the main, centenry and kop this year and its the same in all three.

As for the silence... i don't give a f##k what its down to. I'm not quiet. Never will be. I'll always shout and sing and back the team when i'm at the game. ALWAYS!!!

Don't delude yourself that our fans are something wonderful. Maybe once they were, now.... you must be joking. You ever been to newcastle? I went to st james twice this year once against liverpool and there fans sung there hearts out all game. They aren't exactly doing well. We have just as many glory hhunting fans as United as much as i hate to admit is and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply wrong.

And like i said in the past, get over yourself, just because i support Houllier and more importantly LFC doesn't mean i agree with everything they do. The ground move is something else i don't agree with, but you'll never see me turning my back on the club unlike your good self.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:41 am

stu sometimes I doubt wether you attend the matches,because some of the lies that spew from your mouth are incredible.I have this feeling you sit in your fantasy world thinking you are the only fan and everyone else is a 'muppet'.You have to be the son of GH,because you share the same dillusional,paranoid traits.
    stu you are proving to be the biggest 'muppet' in town and one has to wander at the credibility of your claims to follow the reds home and away as you fail to see the inept tactics Houllier employs.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:12 am

really?

his tactical play is often correct.

players performances and fitness on the other hand often isn't.

i can see whats wrong and thats my point. you can't. you think its all rubbish.

Hamann, Hyypia, Kewell, Gerrard, Hamann, Owen, Dudek, Kirkland, Finnan, Carragher, Henchoz, Baros, Pongolle, Welsh, Le Tallec and Murphy are all good reasons (on the pitch) to look at things objectively.

Which time and time again you fail to do. You are the one who is disilusioned boy, not me, i can see there are problems, but i can also see its not as bad as the doom merchants such as yourself would have us believe. the fact is football has changed and we cannot be expected to compete against United and Chelsea especially without consistency, patience and continuity.

They can buy who the f##k they please. We can't. Its that simple.

And yes i am Gerard Houlliers son.
115-1073096938

Postby leothelion » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:56 am

we had a chance to buy duff but didn't chelsea got him instead whos fault is that (the fans ) dont think so
we should be in a position to buy who ever we want but instead were in a position where our top players are constantly being linked with moving again i suppose thats the fans fault
you don't have to go to every match home and away and scream and sing to be a thru fan
yes the fans are p#ssed off and why wouldn't they be go back to november even then our top players were admitting that the best they could hope for this season was a champions league spot
SINCE WHEN DOES LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB GIVE UP IN NOVEMBER
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:15 pm

I don't really appreciate a level of abuse for airing my views.

Anyway, I guess we have differing views on loyalty.

However, I was at the Spurs match last week. Supporting the players as ever. But the Spurs fans were actually laughing at us. It was downright embarrassing. We were inept, clueless and passionless.

The blame for this rests with the manager who has FAILED to build a side which is capable of challenging for the title. It's plain and simple.

And we need GH out if this club is to move forward again. If the fans made it clear to Moores that they had had enough of GH, then he'd be out the door quickly.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:25 pm

Ok this is not funny any more Supersub has raised his voice obviously this is all getting a bit serious.  The placid man who I once called aloof is getting annoyed.  Stu Back off mate I've learned that you should never wake a sleeping volcano (the Missus)  Supersub calm down mate.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion