The 'we're not english, we're scouse' stuff - Bit sad really

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:35 pm

how do i convert myself into scouse if im from singapore? :p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:

I want England to win trophies and I want Liverpool to win trophies, I do not see why there always needs to be a choice between one or the other.[/quote]
i dont wanna see england winning anything because it means manure players get to share the prize. not fair. liverpool first, england later.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:39 pm

'And finally, please, for the love of God, give the whole "we're not English, we're Scouse" attitude a rest. It's meaningless. Scousers are not some kind of master race you know, you're English. If you don't want to be, then stop playing in the Premiership, which I think we can all agree is an English competition. Stop going on about being the most successful club in England. Stop paying taxes to the English government and stop claiming benefits. Otherwise, accept you're English, and just stop being so f**king tedious and precious'

[quote]You are as entitled to your nationality as I am, and one man's tosh is another man's birth-right
[QUOTE/]

Its only tosh because it isnt fact. Man can have his freedom of speech but that doesnt mean to say it doesnt make him look idiotic.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Bm a st georges flag has no place at anfield , just like it has no place at old trafford or stamford bridge , that's the point being made , we are not the english national team . Now nobody is saying to you or anyone else to stop being proud of being english , so please pay us the same respect and allow us to be proud of liverpool (the city) or of being scouse. :)

I don’t feel anyone is saying you shouldn’t be proud of your city/hometown and favour the English NT over your chosen club. I don’t feel anyone is saying you shouldn’t feel scouse or proud of being one, but to the people outside of Liverpool who see this ‘we’re not English we are Scouse’ mentality, end up believing Liverpudlians are deluded, ignorant people when this is not the case for everyone.

There always has to be a choice between who a supporter supports more, his club or his country, why is this? I refuse to choose, because to me both are important, I want England to win trophies and I want Liverpool to win trophies, I do not see why there always needs to be a choice between one or the other.

I have just as much passion for my club as I do for country and that will never change and I dislike all these categories people put themselves in, to me an English person is an English person, and it doesn’t matter if they come from Kirkby or Cornwall.

If a majority of Liverpudlians do not want to associate themselves with England, then I suggest a group of representatives lobby Parliament to have Liverpool erased from the English coastline. There is no point belonging to England, when a person(s) heart and mind is not in favour of England.

Couldnt of put it better myself.

And on that note thats my final word on this fragile subject.
66-1112520797

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
'And finally, please, for the love of God, give the whole "we're not English, we're Scouse" attitude a rest. It's meaningless. Scousers are not some kind of master race you know, you're English. If you don't want to be, then stop playing in the Premiership, which I think we can all agree is an English competition. Stop going on about being the most successful club in England. Stop paying taxes to the English government and stop claiming benefits. Otherwise, accept you're English, and just stop being so f**king tedious and precious'

You are as entitled to your nationality as I am, and one man's tosh is another man's birth-right
[QUOTE/]

Its only tosh because it isnt fact. Man can have his freedom of speech but that doesnt mean to say it doesnt make him look idiotic.

Idiotic will we? Your opinion, and again, your entitlement. I am British. I live in Britain, I have "British" on my birth certificate, I am free to travel throughout Britain, I vote for a British government... the list goes on. I'm British, deal with it.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:54 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

You are as entitled to your nationality as I am, and one man's tosh is another man's birth-right
[QUOTE/]

Idiotic will we? Your opinion, and again, your entitlement. I am British. I live in Britain, I have "British" on my birth certificate, I am free to travel throughout Britain, I vote for a British government... the list goes on. I'm British, deal with it.

One more word then.

I'm not talking about your personel preferences, I'm talking about the original topic in question, deal with it !
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:55 pm

ok things seems to be steaming up abit. everyone go out now and have a ben & jerry's. come back here in 10mins.
GO!!
now!!

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:03 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:As far as I am aware I am English and Chippen Wilhelmsson is one of my favourite midfield players.  :p

I voted for Edman's goal as it was sheer class and IMO it was the best goal scored against the club since I have supported Liverpool.

Rubbish, you're Swedish. You've got Wilhelmsson playing in the World cup for Sweden in your picture, you said Edman scored the best goal against us....

St George would be pretty p!ssed if he thought you were supporting Swedes :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:08 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i dont wanna see england winning anything because it means manure players get to share the prize. not fair. liverpool first, england later.

This is a childish sentiment to behold and believe it or not, not every footballer can play for Liverpool. I’ll support the likes of Neville, JT and Robinson when they play for England as they are representing my country.

In club terms, I’ll wish them the very worst for the season as it will mean Liverpool being successful. I am able to juggle between the two. When it’s time to support Liverpool, I’ll support Liverpool and when it is time to support England, I’ll support England.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Rubbish, you're Swedish. You've got Wilhelmsson playing in the World cup for Sweden in your picture, you said Edman scored the best goal against us....

St George would be pretty p!ssed if he thought you were supporting Swedes :laugh:

Why on earth would I lie about being English? There is no prize at the end of the road for me confessing to being English and yes I probably have Scandinavian heritage seeing as the Vikings invaded England centuries ago.

I have Wilhelmsson playing in the colours of Sweden because I liked the picture, if you search on Google, you’ll be hard pushed to find a decent image of Wilhelmsson in action.

Edman did in fact score the best goal against Liverpool IMO, it’s a coincidence that he happens to be Swedish and if you watch the technique that went into preparation and then the finish of the shot is it any wonder why I like the goal? I love long range efforts which sail in past the keeper, I always have done and I always will do.

I admire Barcelona’s Yaya Toure does it mean I support the Ivory Coast?
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Rubbish, you're Swedish. You've got Wilhelmsson playing in the World cup for Sweden in your picture, you said Edman scored the best goal against us....

Why on earth would I lie about being English? There is no prize at the end of the road for me confessing to being English and yes I probably have Scandinavian heritage seeing as the Vikings invaded England centuries ago.

I have Wilhelmsson playing in the colours of Sweden because I liked the picture, if you search on Google, you’ll be hard pushed to find a decent image of Wilhelmsson in action.

Edman did in fact score the best goal against Liverpool IMO, it’s a coincidence that he happens to be Swedish and if you watch the technique that went into preparation and then the finish of the shot is it any wonder why I like the goal? I love long range efforts which sail in past the keeper, I always have done and I always will do.

It could be worse, you could be a Turk  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i dont wanna see england winning anything because it means manure players get to share the prize. not fair. liverpool first, england later.

This is a childish sentiment to behold and believe it or not, not every footballer can play for Liverpool. I’ll support the likes of Neville, JT and Robinson when they play for England as they are representing my country.

In club terms, I’ll wish them the very worst for the season as it will mean Liverpool being successful. I am able to juggle between the two. When it’s time to support Liverpool, I’ll support Liverpool and when it is time to support England, I’ll support England.

i am born in singapore but when it comes to football, liverpool is my country.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:01 pm

This is madness...
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:45 pm

lol funny people
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:52 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:I love long range efforts which sail in past the keeper, I always have done and I always will do.

...Yes, but his effort didn't cross the line - it was a Ghost goal...should never have been awarded - it will rob somebody of their rightful dues' somewhere along the line!      :sleep   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion