The 'we're not english, we're scouse' stuff - Bit sad really

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:38 pm

And BTW Ive got no problem with OOTers never have done but this lot that seems to have recently joined on the Liverpool train yer baby its our team now cause its a fashion can feck right off.

Ive travelled the world far and wide, Ive worked with all walks of life, but I can understand the die hards on the kop when tw@ts are turning up looking like utter kunts in England tatoos and flags chanting ""Who are Ya" and Eessay Eessay"" when we obviously dont say that and scousers dont sound like that.
So feck it right off ,my mums neighbour whos had a season ticket on the kop for 40 years he was at the game last week and some tw@t shouted to Sissoko OHHH bad move Traore  :glare:
He said I couldnt believe it this feckin divvy thought Sissoko was Traore.

No wonder why people ask questions why we get a cob on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:40 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Ciggy wrote:What has England done for Liverpool lately?
Liverpools given England two great football clubs that have won together more than any London club has, all the European Cups are in the North 7 infact.

Thatcherism ruined Liverpool thousands lost their jobs through who?
The prime minister of England so excuse us if we just keep to our traditions like we always have done and just support our local club.

What do you mean ‘what has England done for Liverpool?’ Are you one of these people who expect England to owe you a living? I’m not sure what you meant by that comment. I’d like to ask you what Liverpool has done for England recently?  Football is not a matter of life and death, it’s far less important than that.

Liverpool gave England economic superiority through the shipping industry and most non ignorant Brits who can distinguish between football and normal living, value working class Liverpudlian’s input into our society.

Liverpudlians when discussing Thatcher play the ‘it only happened to us card’, this is simply not the case at the height of Thatcher’s reign, and there was 3.5m people unemployed and over 2m children living in relative poverty. I hope you aren’t ignorant enough to ignore the fact that Thatcher’s anti-working class agenda affected more than just the working class communities of Liverpool.

There’s nothing wrong with keeping your traditions, customs and being proud of being a scouser, in fact I like to see that in people, pride is a terribly wonderful emotion. However when Scousers go around chanting “We’re Scouse, not English” are you surprised that there is hostility towards your community? This attitude leads back to your first sentence, what has England ever done for Liverpool. What can England do you for if you do not want to be part of it?

fact is mate.

All england has done is poke jibes at Liverpool, mocking us and our city. They don't really want to be associated with us "theiving scouse bastards who get all the money we spend on council tax from the dole"

That's how people see Liverpool and it hurts because Liverpool is not the capital of crime. It is the capital of culture. Maybe we are the capital of culture because we are not like the rest of the country? The fact we are different?

Therein lies the mystery behind 'we are not english we are scouse'. We are different, we are not a bunch of soccer am watching idiots who chant eas-eh all game.

We innovate. Others just imitate.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:42 pm

dawson99 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:no offence Dundalk mate (I'm not trying to sound like a cocky cunt but this isn't an ooter debate. I think you've got the wrong impression of the thread.

By the way, I agree with everything ciggy said. I think the points she made, Leon has made and the points I have made are enough to show that....

We are not English, we are Scouse.

you havent got to be from liverpool to have the heart of a scouser  :buttrock

in one.

That's all that matters.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:43 pm

sorry adam but that isnt how all people see you.
thats the same percentage that see irish as alcoholics, scottish as deep fry loving drunk skints and welsh as sheep :censored:$

its a missed perception that all that london papers do is have digs at liverpool, culture, football whatever. thats just a narrow minded view from you if thats what you think the rest of the public think of liverpool.

Fact is from people ive talked to:

the further up north you get the friendlier the people get

liverpool is a great city, with great people

liverpool play great football finally again (a lot of gooners respect us)

so what if 1 in a 1000 say u r whatever, they'll all be darwin award candidates anyway
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:46 pm

fact is mate.

All england has done is poke jibes at Liverpool, mocking us and our city. They don't really want to be associated with us "theiving scouse :censored: who get all the money we spend on council tax from the dole"

That's how people see Liverpool and it hurts because Liverpool is not the capital of crime. It is the capital of culture. Maybe we are the capital of culture because we are not like the rest of the country? The fact we are different?

England doesn't give a :censored: about us because after all we're all theives and murderers aren't we. England has never given us a chance to be part of it. We have always been outcasted and the problems of our city swept under the rug.

16 years old and already bitter. :(

You've been brainwashed lad.
66-1112520797

Postby Dundalk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:48 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:no offence Dundalk mate (I'm not trying to sound like a cocky cunt but this isn't an ooter debate. I think you've got the wrong impression of the thread.

By the way, I agree with everything ciggy said. I think the points she made, Leon has made and the points I have made are enough to show that....

We are not English, we are Scouse.

Fair enough i know what the thread is but it seemed to be slipping the other way.

In terms of the scouse argument and the England thing, I think its a bit sad if you do not have some national pride in your team, after all they are representing you and take it or leave it you are from there.

Let me ask you this, how do you feel during the World cup or European Championships?

I know when Ireland get there which okay isn't always the whole country gets behind them and football isn't even the main sport in this country
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:49 pm

Arl tw@t that Maggie Thatcher the worst thing that ever happened to this city.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:sorry adam but that isnt how all people see you.
thats the same percentage that see irish as alcoholics, scottish as deep fry loving drunk skints and welsh as sheep :censored:$

its a missed perception that all that london papers do is have digs at liverpool, culture, football whatever. thats just a narrow minded view from you if thats what you think the rest of the public think of liverpool.

so what if 1 in a 1000 say u r whatever, they'll all be darwin award candidates anyway

I know that isn't the case with some (mainly football fans) beleive what they hear on the terraces and make their mind up from that when all of it is stereotyping.

The 'we are not, english we are scouse' is not about nationality, it's about football only really for me. We don't want to be part of a national football team that says that we are this and that.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:51 pm

thats the same percentage that see irish as alcoholics

Sad but true, there is a bigger drink problem in England than in  Ireland but i suppose it is a stereotype and it just sticks

:no
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Ciggy wrote:What has England done for Liverpool lately?
Liverpools given England two great football clubs that have won together more than any London club has, all the European Cups are in the North 7 infact.

Thatcherism ruined Liverpool thousands lost their jobs through who?
The prime minister of England so excuse us if we just keep to our traditions like we always have done and just support our local club.

What do you mean ‘what has England done for Liverpool?’ Are you one of these people who expect England to owe you a living? I’m not sure what you meant by that comment. I’d like to ask you what Liverpool has done for England recently?  Football is not a matter of life and death, it’s far less important than that.

Liverpool gave England economic superiority through the shipping industry and most non ignorant Brits who can distinguish between football and normal living, value working class Liverpudlian’s input into our society.

Liverpudlians when discussing Thatcher play the ‘it only happened to us card’, this is simply not the case at the height of Thatcher’s reign, there were 3.5m people unemployed and over 2m children living in relative poverty. I hope you aren’t ignorant enough to ignore the fact that Thatcher’s anti-working class agenda affected more than just the working class communities of Liverpool.

There’s nothing wrong with keeping your traditions, customs and being proud of being a scouser, in fact I like to see that in people, pride is a terribly wonderful emotion. However when Scousers go around chanting “We’re Scouse, not English” are you surprised that there is hostility towards your community? This attitude leads back to your first sentence, what has England ever done for Liverpool. What can England do you for if you do not want to be part of it?

I hope to God Wilhelmsson isnt Swedish as he's talking more sense than any other Englishman in this thread.  :nod
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:53 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
fact is mate.

All england has done is poke jibes at Liverpool, mocking us and our city. They don't really want to be associated with us "theiving scouse :censored: who get all the money we spend on council tax from the dole"

England doesn't give a :censored: about us because after all we're all theives and murderers aren't we. England has never given us a chance to be part of it. We have always been outcasted and the problems of our city swept under the rug.

16 years old and already bitter. :(

You've been brainwashed lad.

footballing wise I'm talking. Terrace chants from other clubs' fans who are England fans.

Also, I did edit the last bit because I thought it was wrong.....
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

I know that isn't the case with some (mainly football fans) beleive what they hear on the terraces and make their mind up from that when all of it is stereotyping.

The 'we are not, english we are scouse' is not about nationality, it's about football only really for me. We don't want to be part of a national football team that says that we are this and that.

Well then sing about football because that is not the message that is coming across
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Dundalk wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

Well then sing about football because that is not the message that is coming across

just out of interest....

from your own point of view, how do you see the message coming across and I'll tell you whether you've got it bang on or not.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:02 am

someimtes it sounds like you are better fans than us. not bigger fans, but better fans.

All i ever get is abuse "why not support local team" blah blah blah.

id love to be surrounded by loads of liverpool fans but it aint that easy. my folks never liked football, had no older brothers, and when you are 4 or 5 and watching football geography doesnt come into it.

no one else understands why i cheer on benayoun tackling terry or something like that.

id rather liverpool won anything than england winning anything. id rather we did the double over cheatski than england winning the world cup. but in scousers eyes i'll never be seen as a proper fan, and that sucks... but do i stop supporting? do i :censored:!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:03 am

I see the the message coming across as political saying you are part of a country but want to be seen as some thing else   ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion