The truth acoording to al - Whats wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:50 pm

I hate to say this guys but I told you so. Biscan is not good enough to pull on the liverpool shirt.  He is having a major effect on Hypia's game.  Sammy is over compensating and is trying to cover too much of the field. Take the final goal for Charlton Hypia came across the park to cover Biscan , when the ball was mis-kicked by sammy he was out of position and could not get back across to Lisbie.  I know Sammy was at fault but you gotta look at what's causing one of the best defenders in the premiership to have the jitters.  Sort it Out GH.  I have followed the pool for thirty years and hate to say this but we are not good enough. Why? Why? Why?

How many LFC players would get on to the man u team, Arsenal team, or even Chelsea team?
answer  3 Owen Hypia and Gerrard
How many Man U, Aresenal or Chelsea players would get on for liverpool
Answer six or seven.

Why our we so poor?
Answer Gh is a egotistic, overly proud self obsessive man.
He wants to prove everyone wrong and show that Biscan, Diao, Cheyrou, Smicer, Heskey, Dudek,Troure, Vignal Etc were good buys and that he can make a team out of them.  The truth is he can't they are not good enough to wear the shirt. The truth is that they might well be in the future but meanwhile we are extending the 13 years of not winning the top flight to what?  We will lose Owen, Gerrard and therfore our destiny.  The strength of Liverpool was seeking out proven players, and bring them to Anfield.  Yes the great managers made lesser know players into world stars but that was Shanks, Paisley and Fagan.  Houlier is not in there class. so why try to live in their shadow.  Just Total up the cost of these players and its pretty close to my next point. Especially if you include Diomede, Dundee, Westerveld, Kvarme,Berger and others. In fact you be shocked if you added in abel Xavier and Cristian Seige along with wages. 

How can he put it right?
Answer  £45 million 15 for a world class centre halve, 15 for a world class centre midfielder, and 15 million for a world class forward.  With good deals this could be achieved.  Then obviously GH Should step aside and let Strachan take over. Stuff Martin O'Neill he would make the team play better but could not lay the foundations for the future.  Seems a lot of money but it is not
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:55 pm

Hyypia is not as dominant a centre-half as you like to think.He had an awful season last year when Biscan wasn't along side him and it has continued this season.I don't believe he is the leader on the pitch,that role is most definitely in the hands of Gerrard.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:54 am

STEVIES A GOOD SHOUT BUT I RECON THAT HE HAS TO COOL DOWN A BIT , HE IS ON FIRE SOMETIMES :cool:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:54 am

Found this thought you might like it i was worng on a lot of points specially Strachan.  But surely the biscuit goes to poor old supersub Hypia isnt as dominant as you think.  Sami's still a class act.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:56 am

Bob I hope you aint going to merge this with big Liverpool on the decline.:D
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:57 am

aww man, biscan was quality, one of my fave players in recent years
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:59 am

Can I just say that Bad bob was right to merge my recent thread whats wrong with liverpool as you can see I first posted it in aug 2003.  you know I havent an original thought in my head:p
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am

Dragging them up from way back now. Some of the people posting now wern't even born back then :D
account deleted by request

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:03 am

Al I don't recommend it pal, I took a bollocking for bringing up some old topics.

Still can't see why mind you, things that affected us then, affect us now as well. Certain things are just as important 40 years ago as they are now.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby big al » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:06 am

Hold on there John! it was only 2003.  I was a child 40 years ago.  My tactics to stay up and watch the magic roundabout was the only thing I was interested in back then.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:09 am

I know al, what I'm saying is, people get a cob on here when topics are brought up from the past, but some things still hold truth from 2003 to now. Just like things hold truth from the year dot to now.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:14 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I know al, what I'm saying is, people get a cob on here when topics are brought up from the past, but some things still hold truth from 2003 to now. Just like things hold truth from the year dot to now.

Bringing back one old thread because it adds something to our current discussions is a lot different than bringing up 5-6 old threads within the space of a half an hour and effectively saying in each "here's an interesting read."
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby big al » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 am

I stand by what i said the other day though on another thread, We have moved forward and although this old thread is casting up similar frustrations its nothing like as bad as the god awful players that Houllier bought.  Wondering if anyone caught my wee bit on the 23 youngsters Rafa has bought totalling some £20M the purchase of Carson for £1m and then the £2m Loan fee is some sort of business and as carson is now worth around £10m Rafa is sharper than some here give him credit for.
Last edited by big al on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 am

Why were they interesting Bob? Because they were relevant to current discussions.

Maybe Anelka and Fowler wasn't, but I did try and change it to Baros and Cisse.

Next year's 11 and who do you think will be our next manager, hold truth now as they did then. Which is why I brought them up.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:27 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Why were they interesting Bob? Because they were relevant to current discussions.

Maybe Anelka and Fowler wasn't, but I did try and change it to Baros and Cisse.

Next year's 11 and who do you think will be our next manager, hold truth now as they did then. Which is why I brought them up.

Well, John, it's all about timing and degree isn't it?  Bringing up 5-6 old threads in a row rapid fire style without elaborating on why they're worth revisiting just gets on a lot of people's t!ts.  Why?  Because that's what spammers do when they want to mess with the board.  In the same way, making a series of daft claims--like Jermaine Pennant is world class and better than Ronaldo--also gets on people's t!ts.  Why? Because that's what wind-up merchants do when they want to mess with the board.  Do you see where I'm driving with this? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion