The Transfer Moaning thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:14 pm

LittleHobo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 am wrote:
this season we have half as many 10 goals a season players....gerrard, suarez, borini

unbelievable really!!!

how do you know this? mistic feking meg?

plank.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:09 pm wrote:Its starting to look a lot like Yesil will be more a player for the present rather than the future ,something tells me this lad is going to be thrown
straight in at the deep end . I hope not  because even though his talent is not in question ,and he looked fantastic for Germany in Mexico ,I still
believe the Premier League is a completely different animal .

Ahh, completely forgot we signed this lad.  I agree that it's asking an awful lot to expect this kid to dive into the Premiership deep end and do the business for us.  Still, he may find himself getting a lot of games in the Europa League and the Carling Cup, as we try to maximize our limited resources across several competitions.  Fingers crossed he's up to the task.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:26 pm

I've calmed down a bit from last night.  No longer thinking of taking the 4 hour drive up to Boston.  Still not happy about what went down yesterday, but, nothing we can do about it now.  Just gotta get behind the team and hope for the best.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby sully0182 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Very interesting developments in China...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... doubt.html

I'd take either of them on a free, assuming they wouldn't expect to be paid the same rate they get in China
Anelka, already having played for us, would be the clear choice, but obviously I'd take Drogba just as quick!
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby desmdlow » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:14 pm

The fact being, BR is left Red Faced (either due to feeling embarrassed by his comments on being stupid in not bringing in replacement to let Andy go or the blood pressure going up after the window closed before he is able to get in replacement). So the thing is why is that so?

No matter what is behind the scene we Fans are not privy to, it still shout PROBLEM with caps. Fact is we are goal shy last season and it is irony that we seems to pour salt on that wound by loaning out Carroll without getting in a direct replacement.

Another fact is that it is clear BR is not the 1 calling the shot, and someone is screwing things up. First is the announcement that we have signed Dempsey before it is even confirmed. Next is that we loan out Carroll without replacement right in the face of BR after his comments. Someone seems to want to make a statement or that someone is plain simple incompetent. Either way there is lack of communication, lack of ambition and totally lack respect for the club and the Fans....

Disappointed and can do nothing about it.... this is the time when fans rethink is it really worth supporting the owners who simply lacks respect for us...
desmdlow

Postby Octsky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:16 pm

The Hustler » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:16 pm wrote:I would not have let Bellamy go to be honest. Good utility player. Im not yet convinced that Mr. Rodgers knows fully what he is doing, with his ins/outs, tactics etc. I will hold judgement till xmas, when we will know better where we stand.

I wouldn't worry about strikers, as Skrtel will probably score most of our goals anyway from corners!

ya my conspiracy theory is he trying to get rid of most players from previous regime.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:16 pm

sully0182 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:06 pm wrote:Very interesting developments in China...

I'd take either of them on a free, assuming they wouldn't expect to be paid the same rate they get in China
Anelka, already having played for us, would be the clear choice, but obviously I'd take Drogba just as quick!

Understand where you're coming from with that Sully but not holding my breath, for starters their status re availability to move to another club could be a whole can of worms.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kartiek » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm

I wish there was an active thread to discuss how other teams and our loanees are doing.

West Brom are looking good, they just defeated Everton 2-0. So I think they'll definitely stay up and do well.
Tottenham 1-1 Norwich at home. I was looking at Tottenham forums, they seem to calling for his head already there. It seems like everyone already thinks he's clueless. That's nice to know  :D

I'm filled with a bit of dread after yesterday night's debacle, but these small guilty pleasures definitely help lift the mood. lol

In a way, I'm happy we didn't get dempsey. 7 million saved, and can be put forward to getting a proper striker/attacker some january. Let's have faith that things will get better.
kartiek

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:25 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:16 pm wrote:
sully0182 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:06 pm wrote:Very interesting developments in China...

Understand where you're coming from with that Sully but not holding my breath, for starters their status re availability to move to another club could be a whole can of worms.

According to recent reports, they both have been released. If that is the case then they are free agents and there will be no legal barriers to signing them.

The barrier to the club will be matching their extortionate wages they were on in China.

Update: SSN just confirmed Drogba has been released.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:31 pm

sully0182 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:06 pm wrote:Very interesting developments in China...

Drogba wouldnt fit into our "style" remember? Just let Carroll go on loan and he is very similar to Drogba?  :glare:

I'd take him but i don't think Rodgers would?
Kopite-Jud

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:36 pm

kartiek » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm wrote:I wish there was an active thread to discuss how other teams and our loanees are doing.

You could check out the "Premiership-General Discussion" section, if you don't see a thread in there that suits your interest maybe you could start one ?   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Get Anelka and rat boy back. Happy days.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 pm

last season we spunked our transfer budget and werent allowed go shopping in january.
this season we have already spent the allocated funds and there is no guarantee they will release more funds this january.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:05 pm wrote:last season we spunked our transfer budget and werent allowed go shopping in january.
this season we have already spent the allocated funds and there is no guarantee they will release more funds this january.

they will spend this january mate, infact i wouldnt be surprised to see us bring a free agent in in the next couple of weeks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:14 pm

I hate this snotty 'he wont fit into our style' BS. I would take Drogba for a year or two in a heartbeat.
sniffy98

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion