The Transfer Moaning thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:29 am

tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:21 am wrote:
Octsky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am wrote:rogers is a stupid stupid man to loan carroll out without getting a replacement.
if suarez is injured, here goes our season and his head is on the line.
v disappointed

Don't blame Rogers. There were 2 medicals lined up yesterday it's not like he wasn't trying to get a few more in. Also he was told late that the 20mil budget included wages.

We need a proper MD figure, a David Dein type who will get these done. Not enough FSG presence over here IMO and some poor comms between them at Rogers.

Sorry Tubby this explanation doesn't cut it for a top notch premier leauge club ,unless we are talking of a huge conspiracy to leave LFC "naked" with no strikers ,then BR should have made sure he first signs his new players and only then agrees to release Andy. And if he was promised he would get his players then someone in the back office should resign. I just find it incredible that we would risk throwing the season away over "poor communication". Consider how much money was and is invested in the current squad it was just as financialy and proffesionaly insane not to sign new strikers.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 am

only me » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:29 am wrote:
tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:21 am wrote:
Octsky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am wrote:rogers is a stupid stupid man to loan carroll out without getting a replacement.
if suarez is injured, here goes our season and his head is on the line.
v disappointed

Don't blame Rogers. There were 2 medicals lined up yesterday it's not like he wasn't trying to get a few more in. Also he was told late that the 20mil budget included wages.

We need a proper MD figure, a David Dein type who will get these done. Not enough FSG presence over here IMO and some poor comms between them at Rogers.

Sorry Tubby this explanation doesn't cut it for a top notch premier leauge club ,unless we are talking of a huge conspiracy to leave LFC "naked" with no strikers ,then BR should have made sure he first signs his new players and only then agrees to release Andy. And if he was promised he would get his players then someone in the back office should resign. I just find it incredible that we would risk throwing the season away over "poor communication". Consider how much money was and is invested in the current squad it was just as financialy and proffesionaly insane not to sign new strikers.

The fact that he even commented himself on Dempsey in a positive way suggests he was given assurances to some extent that he would get his man. I suspect it may have been this story going around that he was told at the last minute the fee included wages so they were not able to bid as much.

In any case it could be too late by Jan as we may be well off the pace by then. If that happens then I hope the owners have learnt a lesson, not to pussy foot around all summer and leave it to the last minute.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 am

Just amazes me that last season the one thing missing was us finishing off chances and this year we are actually weaker in terms of goalscorers..

it beggers belief

last season we had lots of 10 goals a season players (a few 15 a season guys too).....maxi, kuyt, bellamy,carrol, gerrard, suarez

this season we have half as many 10 goals a season players....gerrard, suarez, borini

unbelievable really!!!
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:14 am

Can't wait to hear the next line out of Tom Werner or John Henry's mouth. Should be interesting to hear what their reasons were for potentially f*cking up our season.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:16 am

i honestly thought we would sign 2 players as Brendan has said we are short of numbers. Made no sense letting Carroll go whilst we hadnt signed a replacement. no doubt tomorrow it will be 0-0 with 20 minutes left and no options on the bench.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby BrucesLegs » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 am

Got bad vibes about this season and its only just begun!! Andy Carroll backed into a corner comes out fighting and he has won, Rodgers flat out on the canvas. AC must surely have a bit of a smile about it all. So here we are in a worse situation than last week in terms of finding goals. I would love to say in Brendan we trust but like I say, got bad vibes. If we lose v Arsenal (which is very possible after 90 tough minutes Thursday night), that will be 1 point from 9 available, is this acceptable?? Not to me.
BrucesLegs
LFC newBie

Postby laza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:45 am

Gee you guys are making free agent Owen more attractive with every post
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 pm

going by what has been said by the media on twiiter last night and this morning it was more of a fact that big Named players did not feel Liverpool are club going places.

seeems it had nothing to do with the owners and money.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:42 pm

lakes10 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:27 pm wrote:going by what has been said by the media on twiiter last night and this morning it was more of a fact that big Named players did not feel Liverpool are club going places.

poo
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:06 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:42 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:27 pm wrote:going by what has been said by the media on twiiter last night and this morning it was more of a fact that big Named players did not feel Liverpool are club going places.

poo

Rodgers has shown us that he is very particular in the type of player he wants to play in 'the system'.
Why would he just go out and buy for buyings sake?
Thommo's perm

Postby laza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:11 pm

lakes10 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:27 pm wrote:going by what has been said by the media on twiiter last night and this morning it was more of a fact that big Named players did not feel Liverpool are club going places.

I think I preferred it when you got your headline grabbing "Chicken little sky is falling " tips from BBC tea lady Lakes,

You turned 40 now mate, stay off the twitter it will give you a ulcer  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:14 pm

We're already playing better than we were last season so I'm sure once we get even better players will take note. Hopefully in Jan we can get in a few more.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Christ, what a roller coaster ride yesterday ended up being.  As the dust starts to settle a bit, it's time to take a look at the big picture.  On the bright side, we kept hold of all of our defenders, fending off interest in Agger and getting Skrtel on a new deal.  Once these lads grow more comfortable with Rodgers's system, I expect we'll be very solid at the back once more.  Since being hard to beat is the foundation for any successful football side, that's a bit of a result right there, albeit a quiet one since it wasn't part of all the deadline day hoo-hah.

Also on the bright side is the central midfield.  Sure, we've lost Lucas to an extended injury again but Joe Allen looks to be a hell of a player and Shelvey is starting to come on nicely (he was one of the few bright spots against Hearts the other night, kicking on from a very good performance against City).  We've got this Nuri fellow in on loan who sounds a player by all accounts, we've still got Stevie (who seems to be slowly adapting to the new system), and the lad Henderson's still there for the Europa League matches and the odd cameo.  That's allowed us to ship out some deadwood in the shape of Adam and Spearing, who most of us recognized were not quite Liverpool standard a while ago.  Job well done there.

So, that brings us to the attack and here's where things start to go a bit pear-shaped.  First off, we've lost three veterans who were all past their best but who all could be counted on to work hard for the team and chip in with the odd goal: Kuyt, Maxi and Bellamy.  No problem, we'll just replace them right?  Well, we've sort have done so if you consider Borini, Assaidi, Morgan and young Sterling.  The latter's certainly impressed so far and is a cause for optimism, although it remains to be seen if he'll be able to make the big step up to a regular role at 17.  Assaidi is yet to make his debut and is largely an unknown quantity but hope springs eternal that he'll be a hidden gem.  Morgan's a young prospect but I don't expect he's ready to really step up and fill the void this season.  Hopefully he'll chip in a few, though, when he gets his chances in Europe or the League Cup.  Borini has shown flashes of quality and works hard but I remain to be convinced that he's going to make a telling impact for us.  I hope I'm wrong but...

Thankfully, we've still got Suarez and thankfully he's starting to find the net after some early season misfires.  Hopefully, he develops a ruthless streak for finishing like he already possesses for tying defenders in knots but, if not,  our game plan in the final third is going to have to be 'get Luis on the ball and flood the box to finish off all the chances he'll create.'  Oh, and we had better wrap him in cotton and pray he stays fit or we're a bit fooked.

Which brings us at last to the biggest head-scratcher we've had on a transfer deadline day since signing Andy Carroll for 35 million pounds: loaning Andy Carroll to West Ham for nothing without bringing in a replacement.  It's infuriating and bewildering all at the same time.  Given how goal-shy we were last year, given that three of our veteran attackers have already moved on, given that their replacements are young and untested, given that Stewart Downing can't seem to find his ***** with both hands let alone the net...why in the f*ck would we loan out a striker who, on his day, can be virtually unplayable?  Granted, those days have been few and far between but we might have seen more progress on that front and, even if not, he still gives opposition defenders loads to think about every minute he's on the pitch (giving our other attackers more freedom to operate).  I realize he doesn't really fit the style Rodgers wants to play but he's a hell of a Plan B.  At the very least we could have used him in Europe and the Carling Cup to give our other attackers a rest.

I'm not sure who decided to loan him out and who decided to drop a bollock when it came to replacing him yesterday but the end result is that the good work we've done in other areas of the squad may not count for much, results wise, if we can't find anyone to stick the ball in the net.  What we're going to need, at least until January, is a bunch of young and untested lads to play out of their skin and get us the goals we need to stay competitive.  It's a massive ask and we've made it extra hard on ourselves by loaning out a Plan B.  I hope these young lads have the minerals to rise to the challenge and spare the blushes of whoever's been making the daft decisions of the last two days.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:16 pm

I would not have let Bellamy go to be honest. Good utility player. Im not yet convinced that Mr. Rodgers knows fully what he is doing, with his ins/outs, tactics etc. I will hold judgement till xmas, when we will know better where we stand.

I wouldn't worry about strikers, as Skrtel will probably score most of our goals anyway from corners!
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Its starting to look a lot like Yesil will be more a player for the present rather than the future ,something tells me this lad is going to be thrown
straight in at the deep end . I hope not  because even though his talent is not in question ,and he looked fantastic for Germany in Mexico ,I still
believe the Premier League is a completely different animal .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion