Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 am

[quote="The Good Yank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:21 am"][/quote]
It's called tiki-taka!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:33 am

[quote="SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 am"][/quote]

We've got no choice, we're going to have to cope.
Boxscarf

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:52 am

Still seething after last night but whats done is done, however we do deserve an explanation
from the club today as to why this is happening and honest words on the direction they are
taking our football club.

You can accept things if there is a genuine and fair reason, like if they are planning to save
to sort the stadium issue, however you cant just keep imposing cuts and culls and not give
us any feedback.

No more flannel, no more shankly quotes, cut the BS and just tell us what the hell is going on
as at this point it just doesnt smell right.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:52 am

It's getting embarassing the way this club goes about transfers and it's no good blaming Kenny and Comolli, it's difficult rebuilding in one transfer window but we need to learn from this and get our transfers done early so we are not forced into panic signings.

Initially the club did well,getting shot of the older players with big wages, bringing in good young replacements on lower wages. We renegotiated the contracts of important players and Brendan was fully expecting to bring in two or three replacement forwards, as late as yesterday afternoon.

I really don't know what went wrong, Brendan and Ayre obviuosly had targets for reducing the wage bill and rebuilding the squad and they must have known the sums involved but why leave it so late and why loan your most expensive player when you aren't able to sign a replacement ?

I think everything relied on making one big sale and it didn't happen but the communication must have been so bad when Brendan loaned Carroll and wasn't able to sign any replacements. Who were involved in the negotiations, was it just Ayre or was he in contact with FSG ? It would have made such a difference if they'd just stumped up an extra 1 or 2 million to sign Dempsey who was desperate to sign for us. This one decision has completely turned around my belief in what FSG are all about, they just see a balance sheet and have no idea of how to run a football team.
Basil

Postby Redtribe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:02 am

So when BR came to us everyone agreed we were in a rebuilding process.
Now ponder this, we have a budget to work to, as do most sporting ventures and rather than waste that budget on someone they don't percieve as the right player, they wait until the next opportunity.
I don't think Andy Carroll or Clint Dempsey would solve our scoring problems, and with the style i belive BR is trying to implement we will only ever use one actual striker in a game. So yes while we are short of sure fire scorers up top we have Suarez, Borini to fulfil the role that was last year was filled by Suarez and Carroll, perhaps BR has more faith in Borini scoring more goals then Carroll, maybe he is right and maybe we should wait to see what the outcome is. We are after all only two games into the season.

I am more than happy that we have cleared quite alot of the fringe players who were perhaps on high wages and that we have brought in Allen, Sahin and i actually think Borini has alot of potential. And i am extreamly happy that Sterling is being given a chance to shine and looks to be taking his opportunity.

It's not all doom and gloom and i am still excited to see how we get on in the coming months.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:08 am

[quote="SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 pm"][/quote]

Im bit of half full type of guy as well and lets see how it pans out of next few months. However I dont have that  much faith in us finding any quality during the January transfer window based on the previous seasons if things go pear shaped forward wise for us
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 am

Wheres all this 'money' gone from the Warrior sponsorship deal?

The owners own a baseball team and us..... Its clear for all to see where their priorities lay

No love, no passion no ambition for the club only in it for the money
Kopite-Jud

Postby Basil » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:23 am

[quote="Redtribe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:02 am"][/quote]

Brendan thought he was working to the the budget and identified Dempsey as a replacement for the players he agreed to release but "somebody", in their wisdom, decided he was only worth £3M and that left us a couple of forward players short.

Last season we had Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt, Bellamy and Maxi as goal scoring forwards, we got rid of 4 of them and signed Borini.

There obviously needs to be better communication and planning between the people involved involved in the football and business side of things, this wasn't planned and could seriously damage our hopes of finishing anywhere near the top four.
Basil

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 am

In the words of Del Boy...     shat up you tarts!

We'll be fine, watch this space
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:57 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:In the words of Del Boy...     shat up you tarts!

We'll be fine, watch this space

Well said that man! These people make me laugh.
Carroll doesnt fit into 'the system', too slow, one dimensional so he has to go. We need a striker. A quality, proven, world class top striker who will fit into 'the system'. They have their heart set on Clint Dempsey, but Dempsey chooses spurs and depression has set in. FSG, BR, KK, they are all tw@ts because we needed Clint to make our day and he chose tottenham instead
Dempsey?? Do me a favour. Was he going to be the missing piece of the jigsaw? Was he going to slot straight in and raise us to 4th? Was he the final answer to the scoring problem we face?
Get a grip please. Rodgers has been brutally honest and of course hes taking a gamble. But so is every manager who has brought new players in. There is no guaranteed success no matter how much money you spend. And please dont talk about city because they spent absolute millions and only scraped the league in the final minute of last season on goal difference! Moyes spent virtually fu'ck all and still finished above us last season.
I know its pointless to tell people to stop moaning and be positive because too many enjoy it too much. But please try and keep your whinging to the likes of these forums and dont do it publicly on phone ins and tv shows, as it does tend to reflect on the rest of us.
Cheers
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:05 am

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 am wrote:It's madness John ! I cant comprehend why they allowed Carroll to go on loan without a replacement signed and sealed so close to the end of the window ?! It's truely incompetence.

It is total madness for the shy spending owner to ask for C.league football and secure 4th spot, this is in their wild dream, that won't happen to run the club on shoestrings budget and cut the players wages bill. I do not have high expectation of the team outcome this season, 8th or 9th or even lower position is more realistic, out of Europa cup in early stages, and we will finish below Everton for sure.

The owner is making money out of LFC to be spend on their other businesses in USA.
God help us!!!!
algymoon

Postby Octsky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 am

rogers is a stupid stupid man to loan carroll out without getting a replacement.
if suarez is injured, here goes our season and his head is on the line.
v disappointed
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:17 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:57 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:Dempsey?? Do me a favour. Was he going to be the missing piece of the jigsaw? Was he going to slot straight in and raise us to 4th? Was he the final answer to the scoring problem we face?

No probably not, but we should have got some sort of replacement for Carroll at the very least. Now it looks like we will depend on sterling and borini all season, and thats a huge gamble. The most exciting signing we made this season is just here on loan.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:21 am

Octsky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am wrote:rogers is a stupid stupid man to loan carroll out without getting a replacement.
if suarez is injured, here goes our season and his head is on the line.
v disappointed

Don't blame Rogers. There were 2 medicals lined up yesterday it's not like he wasn't trying to get a few more in. Also he was told late that the 20mil budget included wages.

We need a proper MD figure, a David Dein type who will get these done. Not enough FSG presence over here IMO and some poor comms between them at Rogers.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby paisleyred » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 am

Worst case scenario is we struggle up to the transfer window.

Sahin and Aissadi haven't kicked a ball for us yet.

If we are missing Suarez and Borini the wee German guy we signed Pacheco or Morgan will need to step up.

Sometimes being forced to throw in a youngster can unearth a gem.

Would Sterling have been given a chance if we had signed Adam Johnson/Gaston Ramires or another quoted wide man?

Expectation has just been lowered and it could be to our benefit!
paisleyred

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion