The Transfer Moaning thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:48 am

Same old tripe!!!!

Depressing.....how we couldnt get a striker to replace Carroll, ill never know.

Time to accept it, and lower our expectations. because whoever is at the top of the Anfield hierarchy certainly is doin it for us. Even Southampton were bandying £12 Million around on deadline day.

This is gonna be one of our worst seasons, certainly in my lifetime, which is 38 years.
After the Hearts games, which we scraped by with an own goal in the first leg, and a lucky Suarez equalising goal in the 2nd leg, its so wankingly obvious we need a new lawn mower and canteen with new plastic cups.

Makes sense??

NO. NEITHER DOES THE CURRENT BUNCHAKUNTS RUNNING THE CLUB!!!!

Wankadoodledandy Arsewallop!!!

Time to buy a Citeh jersey and have something to cheer about, as thank Satan they're the only ones gonna be able to halt Man Ure running away with title after title. ABU.
Last edited by Bermenstein on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:53 am

[quote="stmichael » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am"][/quote]

I dont think he has. If Carroll had more of a role to play he would still be here, Rodgers made that decision. When Rodgers took over I have no doubt he was made clear in what the clubs position is. When Kenny was in charge, the board pointed out the massive wages the club was paying towards players, and possibly on deadwood players.

Brendan Rodgers has been very upfront with the players and us supporters with regards to what he wants, who are in his plans and who isnt. My main problem is this, when it comes to transfers, players we are interested in, how come, over the years, we have a consistency to p!ss other clubs off with how we go about it?

Remember Zenden? we got fined for that one ! Dempsey, Fulham have lodged a complaint, and not to mention Blackpool with Adam when we ended up paying over the odds.

No he hasnt been made a mug off, we just cant seem to get it right when it comes to transfers, and how we deal with them.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:06 am

[quote="Kharhaz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 pm"][/quote]

So Real Madrid didn't "***** off" Spurs with the Modric deal? Or Barcelona didn't ***** off Arsenal with the whole "Fabregas is dying if we don't sign him for peanuts" bulls**t a few seasons ago.  :suspect:

ALL clubs do it these days. It's no issue at all. The main issue we have as fans, and rightly so is that we have 2 senior strikers at the club and are gambling on Luis playing game in game out until the end of the season.
eds

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:18 am

Sorry guys.  I just can't let this fact go.  Look at the first team on the offal.  We currently have 16 legit first team outfield players.  That's fucklng pathetic.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby sully0182 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 am

*cough* Michael Owen *cough*  :eyebrow
sully0182

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:25 am

[quote="eds » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:06 am"][/quote]

Its always Liverpool in the headlines for the wrong reasons though isnt it?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 am

As for Fabregas, didnt Arsenal poach him from Barcelona? Nothings ever mentioned on that score.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:03 am

It's really amazing how we are willing to forge out 6 million for Dempsey... were we overconfident seeing the player preferred a move to us and thought that nobody else was in for him? Or was BR on a very stringent budget from the owners?

Anyway I still trust in BR. He knows what he wants and he's very specific. Just not sure what happened with that Dempsey deal there. Maybe BR was not too keen on him either...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 am

*unwilling... wtf is happening to this forum? can't edit own posts...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:11 am

[quote="stmichael » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 pm"][/quote]

Gosh at least get your facts right!

Dempsey, who had declared himself unavailable to play for Fulham this season, had turned down a move to Aston Villa earlier on Friday. Liverpool were later reported to have failed with an offer, although ESPN had been informed that was not the case.

Did we even make an offer?  ???

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1147725/tottenham-seal-clint-dempsey-and-hugo-lloris-signings?cc=4716
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:14 am

[quote="maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 am"][/quote]

even though espn soccernet reports that, several other websites are reporting we FAILED with a reported 4 milion bid...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 am

Very disappointed with the club direction. If they had kept Carroll, I would still have some hope in believing the club is trying to win. But now, we have no options and we are basically stick with only one style. If we play 4 3 3 the whole season, we are pretty much doomed. Carroll can simply change the game when things are not working out as we had seen he was able to kill the defense all on his only especailly in the air. Really don't know what's going on with the club. Even when they sell Adam, i was like what about Cole and Henderson....To me, at least Adam is more useful then both. So, basically we are stuck with players we can't sell and moved those who at least would be better options on the bench. To me, this is not a winning mentality. FSG is probably losing big in the US as the Red Sox are nose diving and will not make the playoff this year. So, they had off loaded some really huge contract and traded them to a bag of balls. I guess FSG is now in the cost cutting mold as they do not have the extra revenue from the playoff. Honestly, I can't endear another season like last year.....Even if they stink this year, please play the likes of Pacheco or Suso so that fans can at least have a glipse of the future.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 am

akumaface » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:17 am wrote:Even if they stink this year, please play the likes of Pacheco or Suso so that fans can at least have a glipse of the future.

And sign Suso up on a new contract ASAP!
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:39 am

[quote="Bermenstein » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 pm"][/quote]

What pisses me off most is they went for a decent manager who wants to play the type of football we want yet they are giving him Sh*t to play with. It's like here is enough for a mac d now go get me a burger king.
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:46 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team

Look at that first team.  How are we supposed to get through league and cup games with such a small squad.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion