The Transfer Moaning thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Disgusting. Like I,ve said before and will say again FSG are taking the p.iss a money making scam. We are being ripped AGAIN
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 pm

FSG dont want to lose any more money and are looking to claw back what they have
spunked away already through pisspoor appointments and player recruitment.

They dont have the heart or ambition to run this club and that was made perfectly
clear by the lack of action or activity today, and anyone that sees fit to let Ayres
undertake even the most menial task clearly couldnt give a shyte either way.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 pm

on the bright side allen looks class, sahin will be class and borini has potential. we've also managed vitally to hold onto agger and skrtel and suarez have signed new contracts. we'll still be able to compete but we have to start putting the ball in the net. we'll all be holding our breath now everytime suarez or borini get tackled.

it's clear that rodgers is essentially the fall guy from the previous regime.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 pm

it hasnt all been doom and gloom, we did manage to keep hold of agger, skrtel and luis who were all linked with moves away and allen and sahin look quality additions to the squad.
plus we have managed to move out some of the fringe players like adam, ecclestone and spearing (good luck to them at their new clubs)
obviously loaning out andy carroll and not bringing in any replacements is a huge f**k up, that leaves us incredibly light up front.
we have got a fair few players that can play in a front 3 but apart from suarez very few of them are `leaders of the line` types.
borini is but he is only 21 and has barely played 50 pro games, morgan is nowhere near ready.
if suarez stays fit i think we`ll have a good season, if he doesnt we are f**ked.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 pm

We'll have to wait and see how the team performs over the next few months to see how we cope with the situation but I would nevertheless agree that loaning Carroll out wthout signing a replacement when our striking options are already as limited as they are is an extremely risky move, particularly given the number of games we can expect to play.

If it's true that the club refused to stump up £6m for Dempsey then that's obviously a crazy decision given the sh!t we could be in if Suarez gets injured. I say that and Dempsey's not even an out-and-out striker. In fact, neither Suarez, Dempsey or Borini are. They are all ideally second strikers or support players to a no.9, which we don't have since we loaned out Carroll. That's why, for me, we needed to sign a minimum of one extra striker even before loaning Carroll, and even if Dempsey had signed. When you look at the options available to the other top clubs, we stick out as being massively underresourced in this area and hugely exposed in the event of injuries, suspensions and lack of form. The fact that we had such difficulty scoring goals last season makes it that much harder to understand why we didn't make the signing of a striker more of a priority this summer. It's hard to know what to make of it from either the manager or FSG's point of view given how exposed it leaves us.

Having said that, we have massively improved the midfield, kept the defence and our key players together which is more than can be said for the likes of Arsenal or Spurs. If we are lucky and Suarez stays fit, finds his shooting boots and strikes up an understanding with the likes of Borini and Sterling, or whoever gets the nod, it's not unthinkable that we could get to January in OK shape in time to hopefully strengthen with another striker.
LFC2007

Postby only me » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:58 pm

[quote="dundreamin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:46 pm"][/quote]

Why people blame FSG is beyond my understanding ,they gave KK an open check book which he used "superbly" and they gave BR the funds to bring the likes of Allen ,Borini and Sahin which he wanted and 2 unknown prospects (asseidi and the other turk). Yes we fcked up magnificently in the strikers positions but that's all on BR ,he should have never released Big Andy ,and if he was forced too then he should have resigned. I think that in this day and age you should be able to compensate for lack of deep pockets with some great scouting skills ,BR should have had a list of at least 5 to 10 strikers world wide to pick from and not get pressured and blackmailed to the last second for the likes of Dempsy and Sturrdige.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:08 am

Well, the fact is after all the talk from the owners of gettting CL football we now stand with Morgan as 3rd choice striker.
We have noone who will guarantee 15 goals this season. Our midfield has to quadruble their goal output this season otherwise we are staring into the abyss here.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 am

FSG dont have the money or ambition to compete in the EPL.

Its a do up job and sell on thats clear and made even more clear
by events today.

If you really pour your heart into a club you go beyond and beyond
again but this firm arent interested in that and you only have to
gander at John Henrys tweets to see its all baseball related, THATS
where the heart of FGS lies.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:12 am

the inability to pay for dempsey doesn't add up when days before we were willing to stump up £5m to take a player on loan for a year.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 am

We're only in this position because Comolli and Kenny flushed so much of their money down the toilet. Can't believe we let Carroll out on loan and failed to bring someone else in. Madness! Absolutely gutted!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 am

I said it then and I'll say it again.
You don't want american owners. They are they worst.
And no, I am no american hater, my brother-in-law is one and he is great.

Why are they the worst?
Not because they are like H+G, cause they were vermin. No, because all american owners want $$$$$$$ or profit.
In the harsh real footballing world in the EPL you should be happy to break even. You can get lucky(with help of some skill and hard work too) and make money in football if you surprise a few people
but it should never be the first and foremonst goal of a football club.
Right now I am seeing an exakt carbon copy of what has happened at Ville these past few season with Lerner as their owner.
He came out with guns blazing and initially put some money into the club and had them challenging for 4th. Just a few season down the line and
he has cut wages immensly and alot of youngsters are being forced to play. 

They will do nothing with the stadium as they have done nothing for 2 years. And even after Cole and Carra are gone those wages will never be given out again but instead the wage bill
will just go down and down.
I want a non american profit 1st owner.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:32 am

[quote="GRIMM599 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 pm"][/quote]

I doubt he really wanted to but was forced to because of Carroll's high wages.
friendlyguy33

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:35 am

Fair to say we've all had the wind taken out of our sails big time
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am

Why?

Why are we so depressed?

Is it because we didnt sign Clint Dempsey? Is it because we let Andy Carroll go on loan?

Or is it because we are WORKING towards our own success while other clubs are buying theirs?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am

i'm not depressed, more disappointed that the manager has been made a mug of.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion