THE TAKEOVER THREAD - LIVERPOOL SOLD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:19 pm

Sven Goran Eriksson is set to be unveiled as manager of Marseille on Friday, according to reports in the French media.

The installation of the former England manager as Marseille coach very much depends on the proposed takeover of the south coast club by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

But the Arab prince is believed to be close to sealing a deal with current owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus, and an announcement is expected over the coming days.

According to reports on French radio station RTL, Dreyfus has met with both the Sheikh and the Minister of Defence for the United Arab Emirates, and agreement has been reached for the sale of the club.

A buy-out of the former European champions will cost in the region of 300 million euros, and should the Sheikh finalise a deal, it is clear who his choice of manager will be.

Eriksson was in Dubai this week, at the invitation of the Sheikh, to watch Marseille play in the four-team Dubai Cup tournament, although he claimed he was merely there "on holiday".

The Ligue 1 side lost both of their matches, 4-3 to Bayern Munich and 3-1 to Lazio,[/B]

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the same guy interested in Liverpool isnt he?  Uefa rules say you cant own two clubs.
puroresu

Postby EddieC » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:41 pm

WTF?

Gotta be bollox, everyone knows he's buying LFC, radio station's probably on a wind-up
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:47 pm

I'm not sure.  I know Eriksson would not go near Marseille if he wasnt given serious funds.  There was a canadian guy supposed to be interested in Marseille but now its the sheikh.  Marseille aint saying anything so not sure whats going on.
puroresu

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:53 pm

This could be a case of two different 'entities' being the owners of  Liverpool and Marseille. Offiacially DIC are the proposed new owners of Liverpool whilst it's either gonna be the Sheikh directly or another government agency or company that may be trying to buy Marseille. This is probably a way of getting round UEFA rules. Just look at they way Abramovich is doing it all over the place. He owns Chelski, has his fingers in CSKA Moscow in some way and is doing it with a South American club I think.

As long as we don't lose out on money for transfers or end up with Eriksson at anfield  :sniffle I don't really mind. The guy is obviously rich enough anyway. :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:23 pm

I've just found this on SKy Sports News. 

"Sven Goran Eriksson has reportedly held talks with Djibril Cisse about his plans for the future.

Eriksson was rumoured to have been thrown out of Marseille's training complex earlier in the week as he tried to contact Franck Ribery.

However, he is still tipped to become the club's new manager, and reports in the French press suggest he has already told Cisse he will take charge.

Cisse is currently on a season-long loan from Liverpool and Eriksson is eager to find out if he wants to stay at Marseille.

Eriksson is only likely to take the reins at Marseille if Canadian businessman Jack Kachkar becomes the club's new owner.

But majority shareholder Robert-Louis Dreyfus is believed to want €100million (£70million) to sell Marseille.

Meanwhile, Marseille have reportedly contacted Santos about the possibility of signing Ze Roberto.

Marseille have been looking for a defensive midfielder since Sabri Lamouchi cancelled his own contract earlier in the season, and are keen to bring in Brazilian Ze Roberto. "

Sounds as if this Canadian bloke is most likley to buy Marseille.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:21 pm

I must admit, this takeover seems to be taking a while.

There has been no new info stating how far or at what stage proceedings are at.

I was hoping to have it done soon, so rafa can get access to any money coming his way.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Yeah Jack Kachkar was the one reported to be interested but now they are saying its the Arab Sheikh.  Marseille aint talking so nobody knows at the moment.

Sven Goran Eriksson's agent Athole Still has rejected claims that his client spoke with several Marseille players.

The former England head coach was reported to have spoken with on-loan striker Djibril Cisse regarding his future at Stade Velodrome, with the Swede widely tipped to succeed Albert Emon as l'OM boss.

Eriksson was rumoured to have been thrown out of Marseille's Dubai training complex earlier in the week, as he tried to contact midfield star Franck Ribery - a claim Still has since denied.

The former Benfica and Lazio manager reportedly told Cisse that he was in line to take over the Ligue 1 giants - much to the anger of Marseille officials.

Still, however, has hit back at the reports and Marseille sport director Jose Anigo for raising the suggestion that Eriksson was trying to meddle in team affairs in the Middle East.

"You can't imagine how much we were embarrassed when we knew l'OM were coming to play in Dubai, considering all the rumours," Still told l'Equipe.

"That is why we have been very cautious not to harm the situation of the present coach.

"We have been in direct or indirect contact with three clubs and a national team. I can just say there are two French clubs and one Italian club.

"But no direct contact has ever been set between Marseille and Mr Eriksson.

"Did he try to talk to l'OM players? That is purely false, it is an awful lie, as it is false to say Mr Eriksson came to Dubai to oversee Marseille.

"He has been invited (to Dubai) by Sheikh Al-Maktoum for a very long time, while Marseille replaced FC Santos at the last moment.

"Every suggestion that states this trip had been forecasted is ridiculous and shameful.

"We have known Djibril Cisse for a long time, and he left a group of players to greet us and talk for two minutes.

"The allegations from Mr Anigo are particularly harmful to Mr Eriksson's image and are without any truth."
puroresu

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:28 pm

puroresu wrote:Yeah Jack Kachkar was the one reported to be interested but now they are saying its the Arab Sheikh.  Marseille aint talking so nobody knows at the moment.

Sven Goran Eriksson's agent Athole Still has rejected claims that his client spoke with several Marseille players.

The former England head coach was reported to have spoken with on-loan striker Djibril Cisse regarding his future at Stade Velodrome, with the Swede widely tipped to succeed Albert Emon as l'OM boss.

Eriksson was rumoured to have been thrown out of Marseille's Dubai training complex earlier in the week, as he tried to contact midfield star Franck Ribery - a claim Still has since denied.

The former Benfica and Lazio manager reportedly told Cisse that he was in line to take over the Ligue 1 giants - much to the anger of Marseille officials.

Still, however, has hit back at the reports and Marseille sport director Jose Anigo for raising the suggestion that Eriksson was trying to meddle in team affairs in the Middle East.

"You can't imagine how much we were embarrassed when we knew l'OM were coming to play in Dubai, considering all the rumours," Still told l'Equipe.

"That is why we have been very cautious not to harm the situation of the present coach.

"We have been in direct or indirect contact with three clubs and a national team. I can just say there are two French clubs and one Italian club.

"But no direct contact has ever been set between Marseille and Mr Eriksson.

"Did he try to talk to l'OM players? That is purely false, it is an awful lie, as it is false to say Mr Eriksson came to Dubai to oversee Marseille.

"He has been invited (to Dubai) by Sheikh Al-Maktoum for a very long time, while Marseille replaced FC Santos at the last moment.

"Every suggestion that states this trip had been forecasted is ridiculous and shameful.

"We have known Djibril Cisse for a long time, and he left a group of players to greet us and talk for two minutes.

"The allegations from Mr Anigo are particularly harmful to Mr Eriksson's image and are without any truth."

Why the f%&k would anyone want Erikson as head coach, just look at how he :censored: up Englands chances at the world cup, the man's an idiot!! Anyway DIC are buying Liverpool, why would they rather have some shitty French team, there wouldn't be anywhere near the same opportunity for profit from Marseille.
heimdall

Postby Elchris » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:37 pm

This is worrying and confusing :(

Wtf the f**k is happening anway..?
Elchris

Postby Paul C » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Gotta admit I thought the deal would have been sorted by now, the media said it would be sign, seal and delivered by the new year, I just hope this hasn't fallen through :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Paul C wrote:Gotta admit I thought the deal would have been sorted by now, the media said it would be sign, seal and delivered by the new year, I just hope this hasn't fallen through :(

Rest easy ladies & gents, it's hasn't fell through. Infact, preliminary work on the new ground has already begun!

Anyone that has went past Stanley Park this week will have noticed diggers and a number of builders within the grounds. This is the first step of the foundation work and testing of the ground as to where is most suitable within the park for the stadium.

The accounts have been checked and loose ends are being tied up as we speak. A £15M deposit to the contractors for the construction work is due to be paid next week and this is coming courtesy of the DIC having been satisfied with the clubs books.

Now, can everyone please RELAX!!!  :cool:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:29 pm

My fellow fans, i have discovered some shocking news regarding the takeover by this Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum fella.

It would seem that we have been the victims of a conspiracy organised by non other than MR E.Cantona !!

He has disrupted our season with all this talk of a false takeover in order to let his beloved SCUM race ahead of us in the league and minor cup competitions !!

I have forwarded the following images to U.E.F.A And the F.A and i am currently awaiting a response as to what sort of action they will be taking against this "imposter"

Ive had my suspicions for quite some time now and the following pictures do make pleasant viewing.

:(  :(
destro

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Feeney wrote:The accounts have been checked and loose ends are being tied up as we speak. A £15M deposit to the contractors for the construction work is due to be paid next week and this is coming courtesy of the DIC having been satisfied with the clubs books.

Out of interest Feeney whats your source on this. The last that I heard reported was that the due diligence period was coming to an end and the deal was expected to enter the final stages of completion in early February.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:44 pm

:D
Elchris

Postby KOPMATT » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:08 am

Feeney wrote:
Paul C wrote:Gotta admit I thought the deal would have been sorted by now, the media said it would be sign, seal and delivered by the new year, I just hope this hasn't fallen through :(

Rest easy ladies & gents, it's hasn't fell through. Infact, preliminary work on the new ground has already begun!

Anyone that has went past Stanley Park this week will have noticed diggers and a number of builders within the grounds. This is the first step of the foundation work and testing of the ground as to where is most suitable within the park for the stadium.

The accounts have been checked and loose ends are being tied up as we speak. A £15M deposit to the contractors for the construction work is due to be paid next week and this is coming courtesy of the DIC having been satisfied with the clubs books.

Feeney, you are the number 1 Mole nicde one!!! cheers
KOPMATT

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion