THE TAKEOVER THREAD - LIVERPOOL SOLD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby peterc1992 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Great that Parry and morres stay in the club,and that were not completly changing.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:49 pm

Nice to hear that this deal is creating any debt against the club so in theory (stadium aside) this deal is a lot better then the Glazers with Utd right?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:51 pm

I heard the news at work this afternoon and am well chuffed with it. These guys seem like they're the real deal. I liked in on Sky Sports News when they said "Hicks is no Glazer, he's much richer than that" both of them seem mad keen for sport and although I do realise it's a business decision that they have taken, I still think that this can be nothing but good for The Club. David Moores and Rick Parry wouldn't have just done this to line their pockets and they still get to be involved.

Welcome to Liverpool fella's!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Nice
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 pm

We are going to be in good hands!!  Basically i see it as more or less as it was with Moores and Parry still involved. But we now have the financial backing. This Gillette seems a very down to earth bloke, This Hick bloke looks like he has been drugged by Gillette into joining him at the club. He seems like he has just woke up having been sedated for the past week. Only joking but it looked that way.

Anyway we are going to be champions next season and the one after that and that and the one after that. We are going to dominate football for years to come once again. I really can see this happening.

David Moores you are a legend of legends of this club you have done us so proud. We will all be chuffed to bits you are still attached to the club. I trully understand now the reason you have taken the gillette and hicks on board. Especially when the top men of DIC were getting all the relevant information transfered back to them. I can see you wanted to know who was actually purchasing this club from you. You have taken the right decision.

So our sponsors are CARLSBERG.

1 We have the best manager in the world
2 Will have the best stadium in the world
3 Will have the best players in the world
4 We have the best football traditions in the world
5 We have the best fans in the world

IN SHORT !!   WE WILL RULE THE WORLD..  :)  :)
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:05 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:We are going to be in good hands!!  Basically i see it as more or less as it was with Moores and Parry still involved. But we now have the financial backing. This Gillette seems a very down to earth bloke, This Hick bloke looks like he has been drugged by Gillette into joining him at the club. He seems like he has just woke up having been sedated for the past week. Only joking but it looked that way.

Anyway we are going to be champions next season and the one after that and that and the one after that. We are going to dominate football for years to come once again. I really can see this happening.

David Moores you are a legend of legends of this club you have done us so proud. We will all be chuffed to bits you are still attached to the club. I trully understand now the reason you have taken the gillette and hicks on board. Especially when the top men of DIC were getting all the relevant information transfered back to them. I can see you wanted to know who was actually purchasing this club from you. You have taken the right decision.

So our sponsors are CARLSBERG.

Did you have to say that, you know your predictions never come true  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:11 pm

I just hope our players can adapt to playing with protective helmets and shoulder pads on.
account deleted by request

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:15 pm

first thing first tho

:D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Goal tender :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:19 pm

It does crack me up how fickle some of you lot are.

It was only last week you were slating the board for cocking up the DIC deal and making out like it was the end of the world that Liverpool were considering the Gillett bid. And you go about having a go at those of us who actually saw the Gillett bid for what it was - a stable business venture.

Lesson learnt eh lads?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:25 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:It does crack me up how fickle some of you lot are.

It was only last week you were slating the board for cocking up the DIC deal and making out like it was the end of the world that Liverpool were considering the Gillett bid. And you go about having a go at those of us who actually saw the Gillett bid for what it was - a stable business venture.

Lesson learnt eh lads?

What was it Leon said last week, "you'll all be looking pretty silly this time next week." Well i was prepared to wait and see last week an now i'm pretty pleased with the way things have gone so far. Well done Mr moores and parry.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:34 pm

from RAOTL

O say, can you see, our five Euro cups,
What so proudly we love and the memories still gleaming
Whose red and white strip with our five famous stars,
O'er the Kop we watch'd so gallantly playing
And our eighteen league champs, our history's sealed
Gave proof through the night that our flags are KFS compliant
O say does our red flag we wave and uphold
O'er the land of football and the home of the brave.

Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:35 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:So our sponsors are CARLSBERG.

Probably

Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:39 pm

I was devastated last week, happy today. I honestly thought Moores and Parry had fkd up big time. Hopefully I was wrong and everythings worked out for the best. I still think but for him getting a partner in we would be regretting losing DIC .
account deleted by request

Postby DZed » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:40 pm

DIC deal would still have been a lot better. I cannot believe Gillett/Hicks gave no indication of how the stadium will be financed! Who says they won't just take out a loan to pay half the cost of our new stadium? We sorely needed new investment but I wish we hadn't turned our backs on DIC for them to pullout. There is no chance in hell that the naming rights for our new stadium won't be sold. Obviously they would not admit it now but what do they care if it's called Emirates Stadium. We'll have no say. I'm also skeptical because I've lived in the States for the last 9 years and the teams they own are looked upon as the Boltons, Tottenhams, Newcastles of their respective leagues.
DZed

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion