THE TAKEOVER THREAD - LIVERPOOL SOLD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:31 am

Feeney wrote:
Paul C wrote:Gotta admit I thought the deal would have been sorted by now, the media said it would be sign, seal and delivered by the new year, I just hope this hasn't fallen through :(

Rest easy ladies & gents, it's hasn't fell through. Infact, preliminary work on the new ground has already begun!

Anyone that has went past Stanley Park this week will have noticed diggers and a number of builders within the grounds. This is the first step of the foundation work and testing of the ground as to where is most suitable within the park for the stadium.

The accounts have been checked and loose ends are being tied up as we speak. A £15M deposit to the contractors for the construction work is due to be paid next week and this is coming courtesy of the DIC having been satisfied with the clubs books.

Now, can everyone please RELAX!!!  :cool:

Source ?    ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:54 am

I thought that DIC and LFC were going through the process of Due Dilligence , which would be the reason why things  don't seem to be moving along at the moment. When you think about it , it's going to be a pretty hefty investment by DIC ,so i'm sure they will be going over everything to do with our club with a fine tooth comb.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:17 pm

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry says he expects the club's takeover by Dubai International Capital to be completed "relatively quickly".
"A huge amount of work has been going on, we'll have something to say soon," he told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek.

"Yes, the deal is looking positive and yes, I'm confident it will go through. This will take us to the next level.

"But it's not a quick fix, a rich man's plaything. It's a long-term model for success, based around the new stadium."

DIC, the investment arm of Dubai's government, has been in talks with the Anfield club for the past six weeks about a possible buy-out.

We may sign players before the transfer window shuts. We are working hard on a few things

Chief executive Rick Parry

Parry says the time the group has spent at the club has been beneficial to both parties.

"Over the past month or so they have had a team of people here, working around the clock," added Parry.

"They have been on a real learning curve because football is slightly different to the other businesses they might be involved in.

"It helps that most of the key people we've been dealing with are Liverpool supporters so they know what we're all about.

"It's now a case of finalising the due diligence and pulling everything together, which we hope will be completed relatively quickly."

Meanwhile, Parry says Liverpool are in talks about adding to their squad in the January transfer window after two humiliating cup defeats by Arsenal last week.

"You have to have priorities and ours are to invest in the first team, which we have done with substantial sums in the past three years," said Parry.

"We may sign players before the transfer widow shuts.

"We are working hard on a few things at the moment and we will reveal everything once it is all sorted out."

Parry also confirmed that manager Rafael Benitez turned down the chance to join Real Madrid last summer because of his commitment to the Reds.

"In the summer Rafa rejected the chance to move to Real, which was a big, big temptation for him," revealed Parry.

"It was all pretty serious. Real is his club, he was there as a player and as a coach too and it would always be an opportunity he would have to consider.

"But he enjoys being at Liverpool and he believed in the direction we are taking and he is passionate about that too."
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:48 pm

i was just going to post that from the bbc dawson   :angry:

:D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:52 pm

i found this on bbc and i see dawson has posted it in another thread, but i have started a thread as some posters may not venture into the other thread anymore

Takeover of Liverpool 'imminent'
Liverpool
Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry says he expects the club's takeover by Dubai International Capital to be completed "relatively quickly".

"A huge amount of work has been going on, we'll have something to say soon," he told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek.

"Yes, the deal is looking positive and yes, I'm confident it will go through. This will take us to the next level.

"But it's not a quick fix, a rich man's plaything. It's a long-term model for success, based around the new stadium."

DIC, the investment arm of Dubai's government, has been in talks with the Anfield club for the past six weeks about a possible buy-out.

Parry says the time the group has spent at the club has been beneficial to both parties.

"Over the past month or so they have had a team of people here, working around the clock," added Parry.

"They have been on a real learning curve because football is slightly different to the other businesses they might be involved in.

"It helps that most of the key people we've been dealing with are Liverpool supporters so they know what we're all about.

"It's now a case of finalising the due diligence and pulling everything together, which we hope will be completed relatively quickly."

Meanwhile, Parry says Liverpool are in talks about adding to their squad in the January transfer window after two humiliating cup defeats by Arsenal last week.

"You have to have priorities and ours are to invest in the first team, which we have done with substantial sums in the past three years," said Parry.

"We may sign players before the transfer widow shuts.

"We are working hard on a few things at the moment and we will reveal everything once it is all sorted out."

Parry also confirmed that manager Rafael Benitez turned down the chance to join Real Madrid last summer because of his commitment to the Reds.

"In the summer Rafa rejected the chance to move to Real, which was a big, big temptation for him," revealed Parry.

"It was all pretty serious. Real is his club, he was there as a player and as a coach too and it would always be an opportunity he would have to consider.

"But he enjoys being at Liverpool and he believed in the direction we are taking and he is passionate about that too."
112-1077774096

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:00 pm

peewee wrote:Parry also confirmed that manager Rafael Benitez turned down the chance to join Real Madrid last summer because of his commitment to the Reds.

For all the Rafa doubters - nice to see that.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:38 pm

i am glad the waiting to see what happens is almost over.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
peewee wrote:Parry also confirmed that manager Rafael Benitez turned down the chance to join Real Madrid last summer because of his commitment to the Reds.

I was surprised that it had gone that far ,I thought it was 90% paper talk.  Hopefully Maureen will go to Real next season or they may be back for Rafa.
account deleted by request

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Credit to Rafa, top man.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:54 pm

The thing we have to remember is - if we were Real's boss, and LFC came in for us, we'd be off like a shot.

So as AB says - top man Rafa.

Saya a lot about the bloke.  :bowdown

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:09 pm

s@int wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:

I was surprised that it had gone that far ,I thought it was 90% paper talk.  Hopefully Maureen will go to Real next season or they may be back for Rafa.

I don't think they will sack capello! the new president is much better than that perez guy.

but yeh, Rafa-top man!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Gordo » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:09 pm

To be honest i hate to say it but my question is how many years will he be with us?? I think the lure of Madrid is too much to keep him at lfc. not because they are bigger than us but because of his connections with the club and city....... It worrying because he is such a great manager  and usually players and managers who play and coach for lfc only go down hill after they leave ie go down a level  so in that sense .......... I dont want him to go but whats our back up plan !!!!!!!!! Has to be  Roy Keane for me ...He has a united connection like but dont think that would deter him....
El Gordo

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:27 pm

El Gordo wrote:To be honest i hate to say it but my question is how many years will he be with us?? I think the lure of Madrid is too much to keep him at lfc. not because they are bigger than us but because of his connections with the club and city....... It worrying because he is such a great manager  and usually players and managers who play and coach for lfc only go down hill after they leave ie go down a level  so in that sense .......... I dont want him to go but whats our back up plan !!!!!!!!! Has to be  Roy Keane for me ...He has a united connection like but dont think that would deter him....

end of a bell
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:34 pm

El Gordo wrote:To be honest i hate to say it but my question is how many years will he be with us?? I think the lure of Madrid is too much to keep him at lfc. not because they are bigger than us but because of his connections with the club and city....... It worrying because he is such a great manager  and usually players and managers who play and coach for lfc only go down hill after they leave ie go down a level  so in that sense .......... I dont want him to go but whats our back up plan !!!!!!!!! Has to be  Roy Keane for me ...He has a united connection like but dont think that would deter him....

Why the hell would Real Madrid want Benitez when they already have an excellent manager in Capello! Plus Rafa signed a new contract so basically he is committed unless something bad happens.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:34 pm

roy keane? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion