The taiwan link. what should moores do?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby daddyo » Sun May 09, 2004 12:15 pm

Yet again the link with the Taiwan PM is beginning to break the surface.

This guy is (allegedly) "wedged up".
Should Moores do a Chelski and take the money, or are we better off to stay were we are and raise monet nearer to home? Any property tycoons listening?

What is best for us now?
daddyo

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 12:28 pm

The deal would involve the establishment of a Liverpool academy in Bangkok and increase the club's commercial opportunities in Asia.

if this is the case, then moores should either accept the proposals or resign simple as that.

MONEY MONEY MONEY!

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby daddyo » Sun May 09, 2004 1:43 pm

Moores has some big decicions to make shortly.
He may find he has to swallow pride and dilute his shareholding in the club for the LONG TERM GOOD of the club-whichever route he takes.

We have to remember there is a new stadium looming large which is going to put a strain on resources even if there are funds earmarked for this and we just dont want to do a Leeds and surrender the great potential position we have achieved.
daddyo

Postby swiss_kopite » Sun May 09, 2004 1:46 pm

daddyo wrote:Yet again the link with the Taiwan PM is beginning to break the surface.

isn't it the PM of THAILAND who's interested?
swiss_kopite

Postby daddyo » Sun May 09, 2004 2:08 pm

Yeh sorry my mistake. My geography aint all that! 
But we all know what i mean with this.

I wonder what Mr. Morgan's views on this are?

Has anyone picked up on any comments he may have made concerning this issue?
daddyo

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 3:18 pm

moores knows he has to make a decision in the near future, i just don't trust him to make the right one. the guy is too obsessed with his own ego and his blind loyalty to our manager.

you can't kid the fans. i remember a guy called johnstone who used to own everton getting driven out by the fans because they basically wouldn't let him in the ground. the same will happen to moores if he keeps refusing proposals which are to the benefit of this football club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Sun May 09, 2004 3:24 pm

It SHOULD be MORGAN or No One!!!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:05 pm

who's in favour of a new stadium??
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Sun May 09, 2004 7:28 pm

i think your a bit hard on moores, I think he's a good chairman. He's always given a good amount of money to the manager every season and i no you all think he should sack houllier but sacking someone the moment things turn bad is certainly not gonna help the problem and i think he's been right to stick by houllier. It took a while for Alex Ferguson to succeed at man united but they stook with him and as you all no to well, got a lot back in return.

I think if Moores sees this thai deal as a good one then it will happen because he's got and always has had the best interestests of the club at heart.
columbia

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 7:33 pm

it's ok moores giving the manager money if he spends it wisely. the bottom line is he hasn't. you can't keep throwing money at a manager who wastes it on unproven players from the french league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 8:32 pm

If you want a change of managment Moores has to go, you all seen how long he kep't hold of Evans. Untill the the last three games we have played football that would bring a tear to a glass eye. The grounds been that quiet iv'e fell asleep in the stands three times this season,the only thing that woke me was the screeming from the young girls{who where taken to the game by there twenty something boy friends when they should have been at home getting the lumps out the gravy,]or the incessant clicking of foreigners trying to get there best shot to show their freinds back home after their one and only visit to anfield.    :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun May 09, 2004 8:33 pm

I think the PM chap has spent 64m on 30% and next week we'll know more (thats what i heard).

Moores should sell and let the asian chap in......who will probably  sack houllier.

How do we know this guy is going to be as generous as moores when it comes to transfer money for all we know he might not want to spend much and niot even want a new stadium.

If he did an Abramovich though....... :)  it swould be great.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 8:33 pm

If you want a change of managment Moores has to go, you all seen how long he kep't hold of Evans. Untill the the last three games we have played football that would bring a tear to a glass eye. The grounds been that quiet iv'e fell asleep in the stands three times this season,the only thing that woke me was the screeming from the young girls{who where taken to the game by there twenty something boy friends when they should have been at home getting the lumps out the gravy,]or the incessant clicking of foreigners trying to get there best shot to show their freinds back home after their one and only visit to anfield.    :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion