The summers biggest signing. - Rafa must get him!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:21 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, we have signed Mascherano on a permanent deal. The contract also stipulates that we own his descendents for seven generations henceforth and his soul in the event of an afterlife.

:D  Another TMP classic!
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu May 03, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu May 03, 2007 3:39 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Here's the 2 possible things I have heard.

1) We have signed him on a 18 month loan for £1.5m with the option to buy him for £17m anytime during that period.

2) Because of the complications we had to sign him for £10m.

Either way I WANT US to sign him.

For me he's already on his way to being a lot better than Makalele and thats a very high compliment as Maka is the MAIN reason Chelsea won the title the last 2 years and for me is one of the most useful players in the world.

Agreed...... quality player...
ConnO'var

Postby gato_busta » Thu May 03, 2007 9:00 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:

1) We have signed him on a 18 month loan for £1.5m with the option to buy him for £17m anytime during that period.

For me he's already on his way to being a lot better than Makalele and thats a very high compliment as Maka is the MAIN reason Chelsea won the title the last 2 years and for me is one of the most useful players in the world.

Here we go again! :no

does this mean you dont rate mascherano either stu?
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby metalhead » Thu May 03, 2007 9:15 pm

gato_busta wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

:D

I think what stu is trying to say, he will not be better than makelele, but Masch is an excellent player indeed.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu May 03, 2007 10:28 pm

gato_busta wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Of Course I think the lads a quality player but saying he's better than Makalele was?

Thats absoloute rubbish.

Mascherano doesn't control a tempo and offer any base for starting attacks. He loves a tackle, he's a very very very good player and one I rate highly.

But Makelele was immense and statements such as that are exactly why I can't stand Doddy's posts. They're quite simply full of blind faith and overating's of our own players.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby The Bench » Fri May 04, 2007 1:02 am

~@:
The Bench

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 04, 2007 1:20 am

Stu.Murph wrote:
gato_busta wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Of Course I think the lads a quality player but saying he's better than Makalele was?

Thats absoloute rubbish.

Mascherano doesn't control a tempo and offer any base for starting attacks. He loves a tackle, he's a very very very good player and one I rate highly.

But Makelele was immense and statements such as that are exactly why I can't stand Doddy's posts. They're quite simply full of blind faith and overating's of our own players.

Thats more than harsh Stu, Makelele is/was a fantastic holding-defensive midfielder, but Mascherano in his short time at our club i think has actually demonstrated the same type of qualities, SO FAR Mascherano is displaying similar qualities and does spread the bal around imo better than Makelele although as you say he doesnt dictate the pace of games yet.
But it wasnt exactly a silly statement as he is easily capable of doing just that.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby juanchio » Fri May 04, 2007 3:06 am

liverpool is comming like the inter a team with many argentinians.. Paletta, Insua, Mascherano in summer Leto, you should buy carlos tevez when the season ends :P
Last edited by juanchio on Fri May 04, 2007 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
juanchio

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 04, 2007 3:26 am

juanchio wrote:liverpool is comming like the inter a team with many argentinians.. Paletta, Insua, Mascherano in summer Leto, you should buy carlos tevez when the season ends :P

We'll gladly take Tevez, mate.  I think he'd suit our system right down to the ground.  So, if we get enough Argentinians on board do you think we can convince Messi to sign up?  ???  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 04, 2007 4:40 am

I think we need more Brazilians, Kaka and Ronaldinho would do at a pinch :D
account deleted by request

Postby juanchio » Fri May 04, 2007 4:56 am

Bad Bob wrote:
juanchio wrote:liverpool is comming like the inter a team with many argentinians.. Paletta, Insua, Mascherano in summer Leto, you should buy carlos tevez when the season ends :P

We'll gladly take Tevez, mate.  I think he'd suit our system right down to the ground.  So, if we get enough Argentinians on board do you think we can convince Messi to sign up?  ???  :D

nee :p, buy to san lorenzo Ezequiel 'El Pocho' Lavezzi :P we need money :D ... he played the sudamericano sub20 with messi and another player of san lorenzo 'Pablo Barrientos' we sold him to FC Moscu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huXc-HTdIh8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJb4DH9tC9w

now we are 1st at the league.. 10 wins 1 draw 1 loss.. boca is behind us with 27pts, hopefully they're playin copa libertadores :P
Last edited by juanchio on Fri May 04, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
juanchio

Postby tommycockles » Fri May 04, 2007 9:31 am

I'd love us to buy Tevez as at least he's proved he can play in the Premiership (unlike Eto'o or Villa) although i'll hold on my judgement of Paletta and Insua as Paletta especially hasn't shown any real quality to speak of (although he is still young).

Mascherano does look quality and i really hope we have bought him as if he is on loan his price has just gone up!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri May 04, 2007 9:43 am

s@int wrote:I think we need more Brazilians, Kaka and Ronaldinho would do at a pinch :D

I was just thinking of the crash hot Argentinians like Pellegrino, Paletta and JS Veron  :D

Can't think of too many successful Brazilians in the Premiership, past or present. Then again I suppose most WAGs will have a successful Brazilian ...............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri May 04, 2007 12:23 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
gato_busta wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Thats absoloute rubbish.

Where did I say he was better than Makalele Stu?  Re-read the post and I SAID he is "well on his way" to being better than Makalele. Whatever way you have tried to interpret that I don't know, but all I suggested was he is showing that he can be better than Makalele and I genuinely think he can. He's only 22 and a major name in the game of football.

I'll think you will find he does do all this. Look back to his time before he was with us in the World Cup. Every single thing Argentina done went through Maschereno, therefore he controlled the tempo and was the major base for the start of the attacks. Go on to youtube and look at that goal by Cambiasso, everything went through him. We have not seen that side of him yet but I'm sure we will.

Its not blind faith, its a little belief. My views differ from yours. Do I overrate Fowler, Pennant, Mark G?  You thought Pennant was going to be a world beater, I didn't think he was. You think Crouch is sh.it but he's our top scorer and an important member of the squad. Our views differ, so what?

Just because I don't agree with your views, you dismiss them as wrong. Why?

Oh because you played football at some capacity and are on friendly terms with a few coaches down at Whiston? Behave yourself, everyones entitled to a opinion and you or no-one for that matter can be right on everything.

Oh and by the way, someone does agree with me. :) and he knows a little about football:

"Of all the youngsters to have come through in recent years, the one who impresses me most is Javier Mascherano.

"He is a monster of a player and destined for great things."

Diego Maradona
Last edited by Rafa D on Fri May 04, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redstavro » Fri May 04, 2007 1:02 pm

surely winning the ball back from the opposition is a base for starting attacks. and the tempo comes from how the whole team are playing not just one.
Redstavro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion