The strikers - Cisse|fernando|baros|crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:56 am

Greetings.

Ok lets start wth my favourite,

Cisse - Animal, predator, quick as a cheetah. I think he is one of the top4 strikers in the Premiership. I expect him to surprise a few people with his performances this coming season. He is going to be Rafas Key striker.

Fernando - Experience, a great header and a clever player. Although he is getting old he is still a good player, im not sure if he can last the entire season but lets see what his fitness levels are like and if he can make it through.

Baros - I really like this fellow. But I understand he is falling out with Rafa and is possibly on his way out. Its a pity, he had a great Euro04 but failed to get a place at Liverpool. Will be interesting to see who signs him, I know there are a few English clubs that want him but he might want to go to Spain.

Crouch -  :laugh:  7M? Cammon, thats up there with us paying 24M for Drogba. Not worth the money!! I mean, surely I doubt there is any club in the world that would pay more than 3-4 M for Crouch. He is a decent player, not as good in the air as he should be, likes the ball at his feet, a half decent finisher. But there is nothing world class about him. He is not strong, not fast, has no tricks or flicks, cannot hold of a defender for long .... so I dont understand why Rafa is willing to spend 7M on him! Its beyond me, but it will be interesting to see how hoe is used.

----------------------------------------------

I am very very pleased with our signing of Wright Phillips. We now have 2 players for each position, Cole and Phillips on the right and Robben and Duffer on the left. Arguably the best 4 wingers in the League (I can only think of Ronaldo who is up there with them). All 24 players are internationals, all positions covered with 2 utility men for defense and MF (Geremi and Jiri)

4 strikers. Crespo - who is one of the best in the world, Guddy who is one of my favorite players .. when he has his game on he is just top class, Drogba who has a lot to prove and  young Carlton Cole who has looked amazing in pre-season.

Del Horno looks a top class player. He is so so so strong in his position (LB), makes purposeful runs, is a good free kick taker, great header and gets into good offensive positions. I am a huge fan of Bridgy, but I dont think its going to be easy for him to get that spot back.

Essien is still in the air. If we sign him he will be the final signing and will be a 1st team regular alongside Lampard and Makelele. I have followed Essien for 2 seasons now, he is a very very strong box to box player. Scores them screamers, and has a great presence about him in MF. I believe we will get him, but even if we dont we are well covered now.

All the best for next season, look forward to playing you - is it you who comes to the Bridge first? OR do we visit you?

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 am

You come to Anfield first - 2 Oct.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:22 am

Both Asier Del Horno and SWP are the brilliant signing for you. SWP is a proven right winger and he's one of my favourite young player. But we don't need him since we have king Luis.

People are laughing at Rafa because we have sign Crouch. Crouch is not a bad signing and he will make you eat all your words. :;):
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:29 am

not a bad post chelsea forever, but how can lyon say to chekski we want 32 million for essien the same as you offered liverpool for a guy called  eh i think his name is gerrard, they dont want to sell and they would love jose to say forget the whole deal,,  im just trying to say essien is good but he is not worth that, i would value him about the same as ballack 16 million tops.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:57 am

Chelsea while you certainly have the depth that all other clubs can only dream of.
And while i realise its probably a happy problem to have but do  you have any  concerns of keeping all those international players happy when some of them are obviously not even going to get enough time on the bench let alone the field ?
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:29 am

There is no question Chelski have a very deep team but who cares. We are not playing Champions Manager here. For us as being a LFC fan, we have tradition. Whether the team is good or bad, we still love them. As for Chelski, mark my word, if Abrom stopped putting money in, the team will slowly dies down and lot of fans will be somebody elses fans. So, enjoy the best 4 wingers while it last.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:31 am

laza wrote:Chelsea while you certainly have the depth that all other clubs can only dream of.
And while i realise its probably a happy problem to have but do  you have any  concerns of keeping all those international players happy when some of them are obviously not even going to get enough time on the bench let alone the field ?

Your correct Laza, Jose rarely changes his side, how is he going to keep, Joe Cole, Damien Duff, Arjen Robben and SWP all happy? Its a big season for internationals this year with the WC coming up.
And Duff, Cole and SWP wont be one bit happy with this.
There was a disscution on the radio last night they where saying this is really going to upset the camp.
They are expected to win everything next season, and if Jose fails to win the CL, it will be classed as a failure they where also saying it only done the footballing world good that Liverpool knocked them out of the CL.
Showing the chelsea fans you cannot buy everything.
Also in the disscution they where saying a few players at chelsea have put their careers on hold for a few years to sign for chelsea get the money after a few years, go to another club.
This is really awful for the beautiful game.
If Chelsea dont win the CL I think Roman will bugger off and what happens then?
And Chelsea forever Couch scored more goals than 24 million pound Drogba last season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:42 am

I am so jealous of the depth CFC have at the moment. regardless of the fact that players may get restless warming the bench, its still a wonderful problem for any club to have. The only thing giving me pleasure is the knowledge that this size of quality squad and money available to purchase is not sustainable.

There will come a time when CFC have to start showing a return of investment, in pounds not just trophies. they will have to run the club like a business eventually, which means you can't keep spending 3 times what you earn each year. I don't care how rich the ruski is, he will want to get some of his money back.

That being said it would be wonderful to see LFC get on top of them in a few games this year despite their depth. Commmmm'ooon Liverpool !!!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:03 am

matrix wrote:not a bad post chelsea forever, but how can lyon say to chekski we want 32 million for essien the same as you offered liverpool for a guy called  eh i think his name is gerrard, they dont want to sell and they would love jose to say forget the whole deal,,  im just trying to say essien is good but he is not worth that, i would value him about the same as ballack 16 million tops.

Yes Lyon want 32M.

I am one of those fans who wanted Essien over Gerrard. I have been following Essien for 2 years now and I believe he is a very well accomplished midfielder.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Gerrard isnt good, of course he is good and is world class. I like him a lot as a player, but I would prefer Essien over Gerrard any day. I dont know how to explain it, but Essien is more level headed. You wont see him trying 60 yard passes, you wont see him have 1 good game and one bad. He has a certain standard about him, he is very very well fit and has tremendous energy. He is strong and commanding and can score goals. And more importantly I think he would compliment Lampard, an area where Gerrard would fail - simply because he is used to (I am the star at Liverpool and everyone depends on me) thing.

However Jose did want Gerrard and that was clear when Jose joined us. But IMO Essien will be a better player and will fit in well. We might not need him at the moment, but I hope we sign him because that would make our MF truly invincible.

Chelsea Forever.

PS - I see some people here have faith in Crouch. Nothing wrong in that (as i am still praying Drogba turns around and starts scoring), but I just dont see Peter Crouch as a world class striker playing for the Champions of Europe.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:11 am

on reflection statement retracted
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:22 am

In the midst of decent, intelligent and respectful conversation there comes a juvenile, but like one of the old timers on this forum once said (I remember reading this a few weeks ago) - "Oh its Judge, so its ok" (Not the exact words but on the lines of, he can be excused for his immature behavior as he is a senseless twa.t).

And yes "I" have always wanted Essien over Gerrard. I might not be the voice of all Chelsea Fans and im sure there are the lot that would have liked Gerrard, but I did not want him.

Chelsea Forever
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:32 am

on reflection statement retracted
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:36 am

To be fair judge this lad isn't here on a wind-up, he is a respectful fan of an opposition team and I for one enjoy reading other fans opinions on our club and even their own from time to time, provided they are insightful.

Your rant was a bit OTT IMO. He's just providing his opinion.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:38 am

fair enough lfc#1, i have sent him a pm to explain it is not personal...............i just dont like chelseas antics thats all....and i cant say it direct to mourinho so he will have to do :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 am

Yeah Judge ,although I sometimes wonder why the fella spends so much time in here ,he makes reasonable posts ,adds to the debate and is not out to wind anyone up . His posts actually make more interesting reading than many of the others in here.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion