The strikers - Cisse|fernando|baros|crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:43 am

skipper wrote:If chelsea gets a striker who can get 20+ goals, whether on the team rite now or in the transfer market, then the prem title will be yours.

As much as I would love Crespo or Drogba or Guddy or Carlton to get 20+ goals, and im sure one of them will and should, I dont think thats vital in our title challange, as we proved last season that we have enough goals from out MF and a certain CB called Terry.

Like the great man once said " ITs not scoring a goal but not conceding a goal that garuntees you 1 point".

Our defense will be key in our title challange, and im sure its ours again this season.

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:46 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:
skipper wrote:If chelsea gets a striker who can get 20+ goals, whether on the team rite now or in the transfer market, then the prem title will be yours.

As much as I would love Crespo or Drogba or Guddy or Carlton to get 20+ goals, and im sure one of them will and should, I dont think thats vital in our title challange, as we proved last season that we have enough goals from out MF and a certain CB called Terry.

Like the great man once said " ITs not scoring a goal but not conceding a goal that garuntees you 1 point".

Our defense will be key in our title challange, and im sure its ours again this season.

Chelsea Forever.

Carlton Cole  :D
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:23 am

Yes Carlton Cole. If Crouch could score all those goals last season then whats stopping cole? He is a better striker than Crouch.
Chelsea forever.

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:38 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Yes Carlton Cole. If Crouch could score all those goals last season then whats stopping cole? He is a better striker than Crouch.

Arguable point, different type of player.

Cole relies on his strength and strong running, wheras Crouch is better in the air and has better touch than Cole IMO.

Personally i'd take Crouch, he's more proven. Cole didn't exactly set the world on fire at Villa last season. Good young player though.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:41 am

Hmm .. Yes different players but ..

Crouch is NOT as good in the air as he SHOULD.

Cole had a :censored: season last yr but has looked GREAT in pre season

IMO cole has a better first touch, is fast, can take on defenders and beat them - something Crouch cannot do.

Anyway Crouch is a decent player who can score goals, but not necessarly creat them for himself.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:03 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:
stmichael wrote:Chelsea forever, you seem like a decent bloke and a lot of the time I enjoy reading your posts. It makes a change from some of the @rseholes we get on here who support other clubs and just come on here for a wind up.

However I dislike Chelsea and that will never change.

Chelsea are attempting to make themselves the 'Old Firm' of club football and the rest of the world the remains of the SPL?! They are on a mission, it seems, to buy every talented player under the sun and in some cases...just to take them away from someone else? This is a classic 'Old Firm' move.

Where does it end? More importantly, how does it end? They have more money than the GDP of many countries. They also get sponsorship money to spend on top of that, and unless Roman gets bored with his new toy, this insufferable lot will become a footballing equivalent of a 'black hole' that sucks every available promising player, manager, and front office geek into its vortex and go on from strength to strength.

I now find myself HAVING to root against this outfit. They seem to want to make football a monopolistic venture and frankly, the fans, and the sport are the real losers here. I can foresee Chelsea becoming the most vilified club on the planet in short order.

They also seem to be bidding for every England player apart from Peter Crouch. They already have Terry, Bridge, Fat Frank, Joe Cole, Glen (should never be an international) Johnson and the newly-acquired SWP and until recently Scott Parker as well. Then look at the players they have been linked with or have tried to sign in the past year or so with Gerrard (twice, and twice skinned, ha!), Rio, Michael Owen, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Defoe, Rooney, King and also the potential England keeper Carson.

There is definately a pattern emerging here. What is it with Jose, does he not like the way Chelsea used to be the first port of call for any foreign footballer wishing to try their hand at the English game? Remember a few years back when Chelsea fielded an almost entire team of foreign players each weekend and the backroom staff had more translators than coaches.

I know it is good to have an English backbone to a team but he is surely taking the p*** here isn't he? Or maybe our Sven has asked Roman to buy his full England World Cup team and have them together for a season so we can beat Brazil this time and go all the way. That must be it, Jose is a nice guy really who just wants to help England's World Cup cause, my backside.

But a serious question to consider is how do we go on to support our nation out in Germany next summer when all we will see on the pitch is Chelsea players whom weekend after weekend will be abused for being part of the success-buying juggernaut that it is?

stmichael,

Iv been in the "buy players, money, cash, mulah, dosh: debate one too many times, all I shall say is if tomorrow Liverpool got 500M to spend, Rafa would be on a world tour signing players of all kinds, top players, kids, prospects, staff, translaters etc.

About the England thing. Players that were here before Jose arrived were, Terry,Lampard,Jhonson,Bridge and Cole --- Just like Arsenal have Campbell, Ashley, Parlor(Ex), Keyon(Ex) and Manu  Rio, Nevil sisters, Rooney.

The only 'English' addition since Jose has been Wright Phillips.

Gerrard ,Rio, Michael Owen, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Defoe, Rooney, King and also the potential England keeper Carson. From those the only ones we were interested in were Gerrard (and we would be even if he wasent English, because Jose likes him), Cole  and Carson (I think!).

Beckham, Owen, Rio, Defoe, Rooney, King - all Media talk.

How do you support an England team when all you see is Chelsea players?

Well for starters, you see Chelsea, Arsenal and Manu players. And secondly, I cant tell you how to support then England team because Im not English  :laugh:

But I can tell you for sure that we have a squad to look out for next season as we are gunning for all 5 trophies, and im confindent that we can get a couple for sure.

Chelsea Forever.

i think if rafa got 500 million as you point out, you would see him being a little more shrewd than mourinho, plus he would probably avoid tapping up etc.
rafa is a gentleman, im not saying that mourinho isnt, its just that the way he does business leaves all of us here a little bemused to his bare faced cheek.

i mean you have to admit, the ashley cole scenario was somewhat embarrassing.

money can buy you most things, but it will never buy morals or respect
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:11 am

Again Judge - Speak for yourself not the entire Liverpool army.

The Cole saga had nothing to do with Jose. Cole and his agent contacted the club and wanted to setup a meeting.

Jose might talk big and to some might appear arrogant, but he has backedup everything he has said. He is ruthlessly honest, and is respected a lot.

And if you were as mature as you try to be, you would know that money cannot buy you anything. Its hard work, honesty, a winning mentality, setting out the best defense, an organized team and the pure desire to win each game that gives you success.

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:18 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Again Judge - Speak for yourself not the entire Liverpool army.

The Cole saga had nothing to do with Jose. Cole and his agent contacted the club and wanted to setup a meeting.

Jose might talk big and to some might appear arrogant, but he has backedup everything he has said. He is ruthlessly honest, and is respected a lot.

And if you were as mature as you try to be, you would know that money cannot buy you anything. Its hard work, honesty, a winning mentality, setting out the best defense, an organized team and the pure desire to win each game that gives you success.

Chelsea Forever.

ffs man, have you permanently got your head up your ar'se, or are you on a mission.

we (i) can only go on what we see in the media or tv news. in england, we see mourinho as the perpetrator, with kenyon then comes the money from your benefactor.

however, i will say that there is a certain appeal to mourinho, even if some dont like him.

dont question me on here ''personally'', those attacks are not warranted. give it a rest, its becoming boring ok.

if you continue to press the issue of personal attack, i will report you to the mods, so they can re-itterate the rules to you. we all at sometime on here have been made aware of the rules, and you should respect them also as a guest on this illustrious site
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:30 am

You speak of rules on this illustrious site? I have been respectful of the Club, its players, its manager, this forum and everyone on here since the day i wrote my first post. If it is otherwise then im sure the Mods will point it out to me.

All you say is Jose is not a gentleman and is guitly of tapups, and that Roman will leave the club one day, and that we buy success and money money money. Now if your up for a logical explaination of your comments and a healthy debate then im here, if your on a slagging match and if each post of yours has 2 lines directed to Jose and the club then id rather not respond.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:00 pm

mmmmm..........i never said roman would leave the club?? ???

jose mourinho is sometimes too much full of confidence, that is not a bad thing, however, if folk dont like chelsea, then they are not gonna like him!!

i bet you dont like alex ferguson do you?? :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:38 pm

If folk dont like Chelsea that means they dont like Jose? What sense does that make?

I have nothing against ALex, I think he has achieved a lot .. and is one of the most successful managers in English football.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:58 pm

yeah...but alex is a whinger tho :D

anyway, i wish chelsea well, as long as they lose to lfc and finish 3rd bottom :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:01 pm

Well i personally dont like Maureen because he comes across as very arrogant.Plus he is also a very bad sportsman.

eg
Barcelona v Chelski  .What the hell was all that about .No press conference all that alone was the sign of a bad sportsman.
I think if Chelski did have more of a subtle manager they probably wouldnt be as loathed as much.
66-1112520797

Postby antz » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:11 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Yes Carlton Cole. If Crouch could score all those goals last season then whats stopping cole? He is a better striker than Crouch.

Are you saying this on the back of what you have seen in pre-season or what you have seen from Carlton Cole in the last couple of years
antz

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:15 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Well i personally dont like Maureen because he comes across as very arrogant.Plus he is also a very bad sportsman.

eg
Barcelona v Chelski  .What the hell was all that about .No press conference all that alone was the sign of a bad sportsman.
I think if Chelski did have more of a subtle manager they probably wouldnt be as loathed as much.

also ''better team loss'' rant

after defeat to liverpool in champions league.

chelsea should have no complaints as such, do we remember when carragher saw the ref going to blow, and then didnt. that was at chelsea, maybe things wouldve been different.

swings and roundabouts

accept defeat gracefully, thats the honourable way. we may not like it, but it shows sporstmanship, not sour grapes
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion