The strikers - Cisse|fernando|baros|crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:44 am

see above post woof
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:48 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:
matrix wrote:not a bad post chelsea forever, but how can lyon say to chekski we want 32 million for essien the same as you offered liverpool for a guy called  eh i think his name is gerrard, they dont want to sell and they would love jose to say forget the whole deal,,  im just trying to say essien is good but he is not worth that, i would value him about the same as ballack 16 million tops.

Yes Lyon want 32M.

I am one of those fans who wanted Essien over Gerrard. I have been following Essien for 2 years now and I believe he is a very well accomplished midfielder.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Gerrard isnt good, of course he is good and is world class. I like him a lot as a player, but I would prefer Essien over Gerrard any day. I dont know how to explain it, but Essien is more level headed. You wont see him trying 60 yard passes, you wont see him have 1 good game and one bad. He has a certain standard about him, he is very very well fit and has tremendous energy. He is strong and commanding and can score goals. And more importantly I think he would compliment Lampard, an area where Gerrard would fail - simply because he is used to (I am the star at Liverpool and everyone depends on me) thing.

However Jose did want Gerrard and that was clear when Jose joined us. But IMO Essien will be a better player and will fit in well. We might not need him at the moment, but I hope we sign him because that would make our MF truly invincible.

Chelsea Forever.

PS - I see some people here have faith in Crouch. Nothing wrong in that (as i am still praying Drogba turns around and starts scoring), but I just dont see Peter Crouch as a world class striker playing for the Champions of Europe.

I always thought 32 Million for one player is plain stupid. I would rather have two Ballick then One Essein. But come to think of it, I hope Chelski get him just to continue the trend of overpaying for players that will flop in the EPL just like Drogba.  :glare: 

As for Crouch, no one ever said he is world class but he provides another option to our attack. So, we'll see who score more goals at the end of the season.

As for Gerard, he was distracted last  year from the saga and I'm sure he will be a different player this season. I'll take him any day over Essein because SG is a sure thing in the EPL while Essein plays in France. So, we have to wait and see whether Essein is the real deal.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:04 am

Yeah i always reckon that sort of money for a player is just plain silly , all you need is one knee ligament or bone to go and thats a lot mula sitting on the side.
Cisse sickening injury last year is prime example, thankfully he made a full recovery but if it had gone the other way , 14 million is a lot of money
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:15 am

laza wrote:Yeah i always reckon that sort of money for a player is just plain silly , all you need is one knee ligament or bone to go and thats a lot mula sitting on the side.
Cisse sickening injury last year is prime example, thankfully he made a full recovery but if it had gone the other way , 14 million is a lot of money

Without getting into the "is he worth that much ?" debate . Have you forgotten that clubs take out insurance against short ,long, and career ending injuries to their players ?    ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:20 am

TBH i wasnt aware so what are you saying if Cisse had never played again , LFC would have got 14 million off an insurance company  ???
Also if he did play again but couldnt recapture the sort of form that warranted that price would we get a payout then ???
Last edited by laza on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:28 am

woof woof ! wrote:
laza wrote:Yeah i always reckon that sort of money for a player is just plain silly , all you need is one knee ligament or bone to go and thats a lot mula sitting on the side.

Without getting into the "is he worth that much ?" debate . Have you forgotten that clubs take out insurance against short ,long, and career ending injuries to their players ?    ???

i hope cisse's insurers didnt payout, they'd be well peaved off by now  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:03 am

Just a quick note, don't want to get in the middle of argument.
PM's were made for a point, and that's to avoid posting something for everyone to view it. And it's not polite (to say at least) to paste them here.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:09 am

Pablo - I agree. But if one makes it seem as if he has Pm`d someone and is sincerly sorry, when he isnt, then why let people have false impressions.

Anyway .. Im not here to get into a slagging match with anyone.
Chelsea forever.

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:16 am

Chelsea forever, you seem like a decent bloke and a lot of the time I enjoy reading your posts. It makes a change from some of the @rseholes we get on here who support other clubs and just come on here for a wind up.

However I dislike Chelsea and that will never change.

Chelsea are attempting to make themselves the 'Old Firm' of club football and the rest of the world the remains of the SPL?! They are on a mission, it seems, to buy every talented player under the sun and in some cases...just to take them away from someone else? This is a classic 'Old Firm' move.

Where does it end? More importantly, how does it end? They have more money than the GDP of many countries. They also get sponsorship money to spend on top of that, and unless Roman gets bored with his new toy, this insufferable lot will become a footballing equivalent of a 'black hole' that sucks every available promising player, manager, and front office geek into its vortex and go on from strength to strength.

I now find myself HAVING to root against this outfit. They seem to want to make football a monopolistic venture and frankly, the fans, and the sport are the real losers here. I can foresee Chelsea becoming the most vilified club on the planet in short order.

They also seem to be bidding for every England player apart from Peter Crouch. They already have Terry, Bridge, Fat Frank, Joe Cole, Glen (should never be an international) Johnson and the newly-acquired SWP and until recently Scott Parker as well. Then look at the players they have been linked with or have tried to sign in the past year or so with Gerrard (twice, and twice skinned, ha!), Rio, Michael Owen, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Defoe, Rooney, King and also the potential England keeper Carson.

There is definately a pattern emerging here. What is it with Jose, does he not like the way Chelsea used to be the first port of call for any foreign footballer wishing to try their hand at the English game? Remember a few years back when Chelsea fielded an almost entire team of foreign players each weekend and the backroom staff had more translators than coaches.

I know it is good to have an English backbone to a team but he is surely taking the p*** here isn't he? Or maybe our Sven has asked Roman to buy his full England World Cup team and have them together for a season so we can beat Brazil this time and go all the way. That must be it, Jose is a nice guy really who just wants to help England's World Cup cause, my backside.

But a serious question to consider is how do we go on to support our nation out in Germany next summer when all we will see on the pitch is Chelsea players whom weekend after weekend will be abused for being part of the success-buying juggernaut that it is?
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:24 am

laza wrote:TBH i wasnt aware so what are you saying if Cisse had never played again , LFC would have got 14 million off an insurance company  ???
Also if he did play again but couldnt recapture the sort of form that warranted that price would we get a payout then ???

Don't know the details of each individual policy mate ,but they normally cover stuff like wages whilst a player is laid up and if the players career is ended through injury a substantial % of the players value just prior to suffering it .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:32 am

St Mike to a certain extent most of the successful clubs have done or have tried to do what Chelsea is doing now. They are just doing it back to front. money first success after, but regardless of which came first, powerful successful clubs (LFC included) have always tried to buy the best players and build huge squads.

However the manner and the percieved arrogance of CFC and morinhoe is what's gets my goat. with long-term success and history arrogance may be percieved as a right, one i hope CFC is never afforded.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 am

woof woof ! wrote:
laza wrote:TBH i wasnt aware so what are you saying if Cisse had never played again , LFC would have got 14 million off an insurance company  ???

Don't know the details of each individual policy mate ,but they normally cover stuff like wages whilst a player is laid up and if the players career is ended through injury a substantial % of the players value just prior to suffering it .

cheers for info matey   
I stand corrected on that point  :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:19 pm

Isn't this thread about strikers then?
:p
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:50 pm

stmichael wrote:Chelsea forever, you seem like a decent bloke and a lot of the time I enjoy reading your posts. It makes a change from some of the @rseholes we get on here who support other clubs and just come on here for a wind up.

However I dislike Chelsea and that will never change.

Chelsea are attempting to make themselves the 'Old Firm' of club football and the rest of the world the remains of the SPL?! They are on a mission, it seems, to buy every talented player under the sun and in some cases...just to take them away from someone else? This is a classic 'Old Firm' move.

Where does it end? More importantly, how does it end? They have more money than the GDP of many countries. They also get sponsorship money to spend on top of that, and unless Roman gets bored with his new toy, this insufferable lot will become a footballing equivalent of a 'black hole' that sucks every available promising player, manager, and front office geek into its vortex and go on from strength to strength.

I now find myself HAVING to root against this outfit. They seem to want to make football a monopolistic venture and frankly, the fans, and the sport are the real losers here. I can foresee Chelsea becoming the most vilified club on the planet in short order.

They also seem to be bidding for every England player apart from Peter Crouch. They already have Terry, Bridge, Fat Frank, Joe Cole, Glen (should never be an international) Johnson and the newly-acquired SWP and until recently Scott Parker as well. Then look at the players they have been linked with or have tried to sign in the past year or so with Gerrard (twice, and twice skinned, ha!), Rio, Michael Owen, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Defoe, Rooney, King and also the potential England keeper Carson.

There is definately a pattern emerging here. What is it with Jose, does he not like the way Chelsea used to be the first port of call for any foreign footballer wishing to try their hand at the English game? Remember a few years back when Chelsea fielded an almost entire team of foreign players each weekend and the backroom staff had more translators than coaches.

I know it is good to have an English backbone to a team but he is surely taking the p*** here isn't he? Or maybe our Sven has asked Roman to buy his full England World Cup team and have them together for a season so we can beat Brazil this time and go all the way. That must be it, Jose is a nice guy really who just wants to help England's World Cup cause, my backside.

But a serious question to consider is how do we go on to support our nation out in Germany next summer when all we will see on the pitch is Chelsea players whom weekend after weekend will be abused for being part of the success-buying juggernaut that it is?

good post stmike as always

chelsea forever, never post my pms on here. weve had enough of folk doing that, and apparantly it is against forum rules

so delete your comments please
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:01 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:chelsea forever, never post my pms on here. weve had enough of folk doing that, and apparantly it is against forum rules

so delete your comments please

Judge only allows me to paste his PMs to me here.

Here's one of the latest :
Judge :
I'm not worthy Pablo to be even Your shoeboy. I'm secretly a ManU fan and I have a face as Ruud Horseface. I'm a worm.

Man, he sends me like these every day !!  :laugh:

On a serious note - don't stamp other peoples privacy, if someone PMs You it's FOR YOUR EYES ONLY (or if it's offensive then it's for JBGs, st mikes, jonnys eyes :D ).
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion