The squad: not good enough /wo gerrard and torres - Who's fault is it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

The squad: not good enough /wo gerrard and torres - Who's fault is it?

Rafa, the idiot and clown
9%
Owners, the lying *****
14%
Rafa & Owners, both parties have to share the responsibility
47%
What are you talking about? The squad is strong enough it's Rafa's incompetence
4%
What are you talking abuot? It's just an unlucky streak for us, soon enough we'll be firing on all cylinders
9%
Feckin Parry
9%
Others, you must have a very creative mind to choose this...
7%

Total votes : 76

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Dazzer why the h.ell should Rafa be giving them huggs an kisses ffs they are paid thousands of pounds a week to play footie mate, its not a fecking nursery, I remember when Shanks was the manager if a player got injured or was out he wouldnt even talk to them until they wereready for selection. An when St John was on his way out an he dropped him he never spoke to him for months, There here to pull that shirt on an play.
An you mentioned Rafa winning it with Houliers Squad , Same type of football an tactics an all was it then,

problem with rafa is that he seems too much of an authoritarian. he never seems happy with what he has and picks on the most intricate details to be negative about. what Dazzer and Sir Roger means is that if he could be a better motivator or simply put it, better at man-management, he would be better.

Absolutely
Every manager has their own style. Shankley and Paisley were totally different but the thing they had in common was brilliant man management. Most successful managers nowdays seem to realise you have to praise as well as criticise and that defending your payers in public instead of pointing out their failures works better.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:37 pm

owners and manager... both have made some stupid things happen lately
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Dazzer why the h.ell should Rafa be giving them huggs an kisses ffs they are paid thousands of pounds a week to play footie mate, its not a fecking nursery, I remember when Shanks was the manager if a player got injured or was out he wouldnt even talk to them until they wereready for selection. An when St John was on his way out an he dropped him he never spoke to him for months, There here to pull that shirt on an play.
An you mentioned Rafa winning it with Houliers Squad , Same type of football an tactics an all was it then,

problem with rafa is that he seems too much of an authoritarian. he never seems happy with what he has and picks on the most intricate details to be negative about. what Dazzer and Sir Roger means is that if he could be a better motivator or simply put it, better at man-management, he would be better.

Absolutely
Every manager has their own style. Shankley and Paisley were totally different but the thing they had in common was brilliant man management. Most successful managers nowdays seem to realise you have to praise as well as criticise and that defending your payers in public instead of pointing out their failures works better.

Maybe because Rafa had already been won big trophies with Valencia employing the same style he therefore reluctant to change his ways. I like Rafa but as I have said before, his stubborn like nature will be the end of him at this club if he isn't careful.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Absolutely

Maybe because Rafa had already been won big trophies with Valencia employing the same style he therefore reluctant to change his ways. I like Rafa but as I have said before, his stubborn like nature will be the end of him at this club if he isn't careful.

We gotta stop harping on about Valencia.. that was a long long time ago now, in a different country with a completely different style and level of football
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Absolutely

We gotta stop harping on about Valencia.. that was a long long time ago now, in a different country with a completely different style and level of football

Im not harping on I was simply giving an possible reason as to why Rafa is reluctant to change his style of management. If he was a fresh manager he probably would have more of an arm around the shoulder style but he has already tasted success before he came here, not to mention he won the biggest trophy in club football in his first year. Was he really going to change his ways after that? I doubt it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:49 pm

It's Shankly not Shankley  :veryangry
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Absolutely

Im not harping on I was simply giving an possible reason as to why Rafa is reluctant to change his style of management. If he was a fresh manager he probably would have more of an arm around the shoulder style but he has already tasted success before he came here, not to mention he won the biggest trophy in club football in his first year. Was he really going to change his ways after that? I doubt it.

Correct
Winning the CL has been the best and worst things to happen as far as Rafa is concerned. One of the greatest achievements but it has led to a seemingly rigid and frankly unflexible style of management which may well see us fall out of the top four if he doesnt get it right
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Wasn't saying you dude, just everyone who mentions him mentions Valencia... just gets boring.
we're in trouble lads, our football is poor, our team is poor, we are gonna struggle with a top 4...
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Bammo wrote:It's Shankly not Shankley  :veryangry

Sorry
Shankly and Paisly...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Bammo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 pm

:laugh:

Shanklee, Payslee, Faygin, Darlgleash, Sueniss, Evinz, Wholeeay, Bennytes

This is now my official manager list for us.

Oh and:
Some people on here need some lessons on modern football formations. In modern football, there is no such thing as a formation being a defensive or offensive. It really depends on how you execute it and what type of players are playing. If you're playing Johnson and Aurelio as wing backs can it be called a 5-3-1? or is it 3-5-1. Well the answer is that it is BOTH! this is the flexibility of this system and you need to have wingbacks who have lots of stamina. If you're pressing your opponents the wingbacks attack and become 3-5-1. If you're defending the wing backs track back and becomes 5-3-1. Similarly if you're playing 3 in the middle than it can be the offensive 4-3-3 or defensive 4-5-1 or it can also still be a 4-4-2 (see Gerrard and Torres attacking). People on here seem to just see what they wanna see and say "arghh how can rafa play 4-5-1  (worse 5-4-1) against this team or that team". Yesterday we had kuyt, babel and benayoun as attacking players and johnson and aurelio also joins in the attacks from the wings. Can't it be said then that this is 3-2-2-3? To me it looked like a pretty balanced team and shouldn't have any problems beating Sunderland on paper. And yet we have people generalizing it "ughhh rafa is playing 5-4-1 against Sunderland".    The old-fasion-ness on here sometimes beggars believe.

is one of the most sensible posts we've had on here in ages. :cool:
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:10 pm

I blame Alonso, how dare he leave us after Rafa treated him like sh*t and tried to flog him to get Barry.

yeah I blame Alonso

:D
roberto green

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Some might get a glimpse of what they wish for on Teusday night, Im sorry but Sky are absolute Shi.te.for doing this, They said before  Klinsman is gonna be there when we play Lyon dissgussing with the other soft olly pundits about us, Cheeky ge.ts
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Alonso leaving unsettled us, but no way can the rest of the players who did so well last season use that as an excuse. we've just had too many of our more important players in a bad way at the moment. and it is taking its toll as we can all see. rafa and the owners (especially) are also not without fault.........this week is very important because of the confidence it can give us, its there for the taking we just need to win the next 2 games by any means necessary, and really move on from there...

as for the whole rafa thing, im sure enough has been said about him for players who are coming into our team to expect what he's like.....and most of them say they admire him and his style or whatnot before they come anyway, i just dont see why they wouldnt want to impress him as much as us fans.

didnt want to re-prioritise the season's objectives this early, none of us do. there is still a long way to go, and as long as other teams are stuttering like chelsea, and man city today it can only be good....really need a consistent run and quick tho....other wise its plan B. hope for a good cup run and pray man u dont win the league. still confident we will finish top 4 tho.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:08 pm

ITs called man management ffs nan get a grip just my view managers with that skill get that extra 10% out of players.

Yeah they get paid a great deal but thats half the problem isn't it money becomes no object to them so wages they don't play for to get that extra 10% out of your players you need to get them to play for you.

I think you forget tho we have alot of players overseas and tho they might bang on about how they love the club I am sure most of them still play for them selfs.Its up to the manager AKA RAFA to get the best out of those players and atm he ain't fecking doing that.

Rant over....
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:12 pm

I think talk of "we'll never win the league with these owners" is slightly missing the point. You could also argue that as we would have won it last season "had Torres and Gerrard been fit more often" or we "hadn't spunked it" (whichever way you prefer to look at it), it's not even true really.

Whatever though, the reason it's missing the point is that NOBODY IS DEMANDING THAT WE WIN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON, PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR A DECENT GO AT IT.

Winning the league is very difficult, more so now that man City have been thrown into the mix. I'm not in all seriousness counting Sunderland as being in the mix as I've noticed one or two have started to, or even Spurs. Spurs were bottom of the league with two points and wondering where their next bowl of babyfood was coming from this time last season, while we were top. If they truly have vaulted over us by virtue of the fact they've bought a couple of strikers off Portsmouth (one of them a Liverpool cast off), a bloke who we had no time for whatsoever and couldn't wait to be rid of and a bloke out of Wigans midfield, then either Redknapp is Shankly reincarnated or Rafa truly is a clown and should be sacked immediately. I fully expect, big style, that we get back above Sunderland, Spurs, Villa and the like. Like I say, nobody is demanding we win the league this season. What fans are asking for though, is a challenge. Winning it is hard, winning it without challenging for it is impossible.

Fans are asking for at least a feeling that we might challenge for it fairly consistently. We were within barely a handful of points last term, and Man Utd lost the best player in the World and one of the best strikers in the World (for 80 million quid, one of them they didn't get any money for), and replaced them Antonio Valencia and Michael Owen for 18 million quid combined. Chelsea who we finished above signed one player for 18 million quid who hasn't figured yet. Arsenal who we finished above sold their best striker for 25 million quid, their best defender for 12 million quid and bought an unknown centre half for 10 million quid. We've sold two players for 33 million, and bought two players for 36 million. OK it would have been nice to have spent 68 million, but you can hardly argue that we've been massively outgunned. I even heard mention of Villa "splashing out" lol. They sold their best player by miles for a relative song, and have picked up centre halves who were struggling to figure for Man City and West Ham respectively, as well as a kid from Leeds.

Now of course it's early days yet, and we may still challenge. Come on guys though, lets be serious as the season progresses. If we challenge again and play anywhere near as well as last season, I should think most people would have no problem with saying we are playing the best football we've seen Liverpool play for many a year. I said it myself last season many times. If we don't though, if we truly are nowhere near, then surely there comes a time when looking at it sensibly becomes an OK thing to do? Last season it was because Torres was injured too often (even though the previous season he wasn't and scored 30 goals but we still came nowhere), this season Torres has been fit so it isn't that, ah so it must be the owners and we've been outspent (even though we haven't).

I know they'll be banging out the old "RAFA, RAF-AYE-ELLE" on Tuesday night and imploring those around them to get in behind the manager and the team. I hope the fans do so as well because feck me we need all the help we can get at the moment. In the cold light of day though, on forums and away from the ground, unless things turn around sharply I get the distinct impression it's all going to end in tears.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion