The squad. - How good is it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 pm

I've only seen that centre half play once (evans is it?) but he looked like an excellent player to me. I'd be surpirised if they're selling him. If they are, we should buy him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

bigmick wrote:I've only seen that centre half play once (evans is it?) but he looked like an excellent player to me. I'd be surpirised if they're selling him. If they are, we should buy him.

Bet they are saying the same about Agger
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

The chances of them selling evans to us is zero - he will just sit and wait for his time there when rio or vidic go
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:48 pm

bigmick wrote:
taff wrote:Ok no specific answer to my plan question which did dissapoint me but time to move on.

I specifically apologised unreservedly Taff, what more do you want :D Shall I stick me knackers in the vice out in the shed for you, fecking hell :laugh:.

You still implied there was a five year plan.  I dont want to have a personal attack on you or anybody BM but I shall be totally honest and say that I am annoyed with the constant sniping at Benitez.  he definitely deserves criticism for the reasons you have given but I still feel that he is the right man for the job and not to win arguments with people on the internet or that I am blind in my support.  I feel that with the situation the club was in when he joined and how it is now then the man has given his best and is trying to move the club forward.

I agree with the Yanks in that LFC has been mismanaged for years especially compared with our rivals and this malaise has been allowed to fester within the ethos and ambitions of the club.  Benitez has improved training and got the players fitter and more game wise.  If we remeber 2004 the club was wholly reliant on a young SG.  You could say we are now and this is also true but the quality elswhere is evident and SG has improved into a smarter player.  Yes he would have done so anyway but Rafa has improved the player at the same time.  The culture in LFC has been one of plod along and a trophy here and there has papered over the cracks and we are now in a position that IMHO a change of manager would be disastorous as the team would remain stagnant.  We have to be patient and look at gradual improvement until we can challenge against an immensely talented team with huge amounts of experience in winning things regularly and we are closer today than we have ever been.

I then forgive the mistakes even though they annoy the hell out of me.  I also dont like personal wars as they ruin threads and bore me but I will not keep quiet with constant attacks on the manager of the club that I support.  Not more or better than anybody else just support. 

I was pedantic and you happened to reply to the five year thing but I feel that both sides in this debate have stopped listening to reason so I either join in being daft or try to pick up on things to get a debate gong.  You do what you want to your knackers mate its no concern of mine but please do not try and insult my intelligence with apologising and then saying the same thing in an implied way.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:49 pm

It's irrelevant where we are now or where we were at Christmas, the end of the season is when it counts.

If we end up less than 10pts behind in May that's closer too :p

I don't believe we will be as close to Man Utd in May if we continue playing as we are, Utd will eventually pull away on current form.
Rockthekop

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 pm

but we will still be closer to winning the league to when just before rafa got here - so your inital statemant was incorrect then yes ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 pm

GYBS wrote:but we will still be closer to winning the league to when just before rafa got here - so your inital statemant was incorrect then yes ?

We were top of the league and should/could have maintained it
We didn't for whatever reasons
We are now playing catch up and can't afford to draw, never mind lose another game.

Hopefully Rafa's got all the nonsense out of his system and will now start focussing on the run in rather than ranting like a loon
If he does that we've still got a chance
Slip up once more and we haven't
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
GYBS wrote:but we will still be closer to winning the league to when just before rafa got here - so your inital statemant was incorrect then yes ?

We were top of the league and should/could have maintained it
We didn't for whatever reasons
We are now playing catch up and can't afford to draw, never mind lose another game.

Hopefully Rafa's got all the nonsense out of his system and will now start focussing on the run in rather than ranting like a loon
If he does that we've still got a chance
Slip up once more and we haven't

Nice, ranting like a loon.

Did you even hear what he said. Was there a rant? Or was it fact?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Ranting liek a loon ? never ever seen rafa do that - not even once - always seemed calm to me whenever he has spoken to the press and presents facts - no ranting like a loon - thats trash paper talk .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Whether or not you agree with the terminology it is a fact that Rafa has chosen to attack certain people in public.
I see this as lunacy because it is not the way I believe Liverpool and its manager should behave

Let me be clear
I don't disagree with what he was saying, just with how, why and when he was saying it
We can argue till the cows come home about the ferguson "speech" and whether it cost us but it was ill timed to say the least.

I just prefer the manager of LFC to get on with the job of winning everything we can
Not running to the press to try and score points every time you feel aggreaved
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Every Liverpool manager has gone out in the press at some stage and critized an opposing manager at one stage throughout their time at the club - shanks did it , bob did it , joe did it , kenny , souness , evans , gh - they have all done it . but they have all made sure of their facts when done it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Whether or not you agree with the terminology it is a fact that Rafa has chosen to attack certain people in public.
I see this as lunacy because it is not the way I believe Liverpool and its manager should behave

Let me be clear
I don't disagree with what he was saying, just with how, why and when he was saying it
We can argue till the cows come home about the ferguson "speech" and whether it cost us but it was ill timed to say the least.

I just prefer the manager of LFC to get on with the job of winning everything we can
Not running to the press to try and score points every time you feel aggreaved

OR...

Maybe it is good that someone stood up to the scottish alcoholic as he has been completely taking the pi$$

Maybe the rest of the premiership applauded what Rafa said as somenoe had to say it
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:29 pm

ranting like a loon  :laugh:   :laugh:   like the quote made me laugh. It was facts actually but personally i think it would have been better to just concentrate on the team rather than talking about others...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 pm

GYBS wrote:Every Liverpool manager has gone out in the press at some stage and critized an opposing manager at one stage throughout their time at the club - shanks did it , bob did it , joe did it , kenny , souness , evans , gh - they have all done it . but they have all made sure of their facts when done it .

You would have to give me evidence where all of those other managers criticised other managers in public.
I don't know if that's true or not.
Did any of them criticise the CEO or The owners in public?

I understand today is different from years ago but I think you missed the crucial part of my point
The timing couldn't have been much worse
I believe it undermined us and played some part in the loss of the lead
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 pm

read both thommos and rushs books plus carras and you will read all about them in there .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion