The squad. - How good is it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Well since we are no closer to winning the league than when Rafa became manager, arguably quite a few managers would have done better this season.
Rockthekop

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Just rememebr with the Mancs. VDS is gettnig on, Giggs isgetting on, Scholes and Neville the same. Tevez not signed yet and ronaldo is a shadow of his former self, he wants out. Add Ferghie retiring soon.

chelsea - bunch of old f@rts play for that team

Arsenal - just something missing

Us - hmmm

So, I like our squad, nice mix of youth and experience, we need players sure, but we are not in as bad nick as people think.

As for would Maureen do better with what we have,... i dunno. Remember with Cheatski he just loved bunging huth up front when in trouble, and he does play the most boring football in the world.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Rockthekop wrote:Well since we are no closer to winning the league than when Rafa became manager, arguably quite a few managers would have done better this season.

Are we really no closer to winning the league since Rafa arrived ? I thought when rafa arrived we ended up 30 points behinf the winners and this season we are at present 2 points of the leaders ? im confused - is that not closer ?  :help
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:29 pm

It's.... 28 closer I think :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:32 pm

So its 28 points closer ? but it is closer thou isnt it ? or am i reading it wrong :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:33 pm

taff wrote:Ok no specific answer to my plan question which did dissapoint me but time to move on.

What question Taff? In your previous post you ask about the "alleged" 5 year plan. S@int answered that one I think.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm

GYBS wrote:
Rockthekop wrote:Well since we are no closer to winning the league than when Rafa became manager, arguably quite a few managers would have done better this season.

Are we really no closer to winning the league since Rafa arrived ? I thought when rafa arrived we ended up 30 points behinf the winners and this season we are at present 2 points of the leaders ? im confused - is that not closer ?  :help

Yeah but in his first season we won the CL, this season we have only reached the last 16. Thats way off .

Whats that ?..... the seasons not over yet............ EXACTLY  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm

s@int wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Yeah but in his first season we won the CL, this season we have only reached the last 16. Thats way off .

But the post mentioned the league thou saint  :help
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 pm

S@int kind of answered it, and my b0ll0cks are swollen up like a pair of Gala Melons after a spell in the back shed. Thank God those things are rusty and you can't really tighten em up properly.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 pm

dawson99 wrote:Just rememebr with the Mancs. VDS is gettnig on, Giggs isgetting on, Scholes and Neville the same. Tevez not signed yet and ronaldo is a shadow of his former self, he wants out. Add Ferghie retiring soon.

chelsea - bunch of old f@rts play for that team

Arsenal - just something missing

Us - hmmm

So, I like our squad, nice mix of youth and experience, we need players sure, but we are not in as bad nick as people think.

As for would Maureen do better with what we have,... i dunno. Remember with Cheatski he just loved bunging huth up front when in trouble, and he does play the most boring football in the world.

But did you see some of the kids playing for United?  Yeah they were playing against Derby but they are decent players who might become just as good as some of the players they will lose.
SupitsJonF

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Evans will be solid - Gibson has looked good in some games and missing in others and welbeck the same . none of them look like what scholes etc did when they first arrived.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 pm

GYBS wrote:Evans will be solid - Gibson has looked good in some games and missing in others and welbeck the same . none of them look like what scholes etc did when they first arrived.

Doesn't mean anything, once they get some experience under their belts they can become better.  Even if they weren't instantly what scholes and giggs were when they came, doesn't mean they will never reach that level.
SupitsJonF

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 pm

that is true - same could be said with a few of our kids as well .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 pm

GYBS wrote:that is true - same could be said with a few of our kids as well .

Exactly.  But I think some of them should be put on loan.  Babel is a player I've always wanted to loan but once in a handfull of games he proves his worth.  Tricky situation.
SupitsJonF

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 pm

its hard to pay 10 mil odd and send themout on loan .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion