The spaniards and liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:17 pm

What I think about alot is does Rafael benitez love his job at liverpool? Does he like the city what does he think of the fans etc............ I know his mrs said he even talks about football in bed :D  poor woman. But seriously what are your opinions on the new spanish regime in our team?
I think raffa loves it at liverpool I think he loves the fans, Mellwood the academys a nice facility aswell, and I also think he has his heart set on bringing us back success in shanks style.
Garcia I think he enjoys playing at anfield more than away he seems to really love the fans and in return he will become a kop hero.
Alonso fantastic player a dream to watch a little off mark on saturday but so where most of the team, I think once stevies back he will relish the chance to be playing along side him, loves the fans and has respect for manager.
josemi x 2 not to sure on this one seems a bit hot headed at times maybe he needs time to get used to the prem not sure what he thinks about club yet.
And Nunez well we will have to wait and see.

Before this seasons out I can see at least 2 more spanish players coming and long live the raffa revolution.
Y.N.W.A.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:21 pm

if lfc win, then i dont care whos there
106-1093504160

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:29 pm

hiya lynds.

what a surprise. you've started another thread about the spaniards. :D

in all fairness, the signs so far have been encouraging. i really believe that given the time, rafa can become a legendary figure of lfc. i still think it will take two more years before we are challenging for the league but we are a lot further advanced than we were a year ago, that's for sure. :)

as for the new signings........

xabi alonso will be world class. his passing ability is out of this world in the way he can just spread it across the pitch in any direction, when ever he likes. i can't wait to see him play week in week out with stevie g on a regular basis.

as you said, luis garcia has played really well at home. Scored 3 great goals at anfield and is fast becoming a fan fave. away from home, he isn't looking quite as good, he doesn't get quite as involved, but im sure this will come in time

josemi is a no nonsense right back. he is a good squad player. he has looked a bit shellshocked in recent games and had been caught ball watching on several occassions. still adjusting to the pace of the game over here i think. however for 2 million i'm not complaining.

nunez has funnily enough become a very important player for us without even playing yet. if he can slot in on the right it could give us the option of putting finnan to right back and pushing garcia into a more advanced role.

the rafalution has started. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:44 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:What I think about alot is does Rafael benitez love his job at liverpool? Does he like the city what does he think of the fans etc............ I know his mrs said he even talks about football in bed :D  poor woman. But seriously what are your opinions on the new spanish regime in our team?
I think raffa loves it at liverpool I think he loves the fans, Mellwood the academys a nice facility aswell, and I also think he has his heart set on bringing us back success in shanks style.
Garcia I think he enjoys playing at anfield more than away he seems to really love the fans and in return he will become a kop hero.
Alonso fantastic player a dream to watch a little off mark on saturday but so where most of the team, I think once stevies back he will relish the chance to be playing along side him, loves the fans and has respect for manager.
josemi x 2 not to sure on this one seems a bit hot headed at times maybe he needs time to get used to the prem not sure what he thinks about club yet.
And Nunez well we will have to wait and see.

Before this seasons out I can see at least 2 more spanish players coming and long live the raffa revolution.
Y.N.W.A.

I read in an article over the weekend, Rafa would love to stay at Liverpool for at least 15 years. if that is the case, then that is excellent news as I believe with rafa at the helm, we have one of the best coaches around at the moment. Players will come and go, but the right manager is worth his weight in gold.

For my money, out of Rafa's spanish signings to date, Alonso stans head and shoulders above all. His skill and technique are quite simply sublime. Him and Gerrard in midfield full force.............yummy, wetting pants time me thinks   :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:46 pm

yeah, give rafa a 15 year contract. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:49 pm

Do you guys think the spaniards love it at liverpool? I know I love the fact that they came to us ecspecially alonso
XABI CHOOSE LIVERPOOL OVER REAL MADRID AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:52 pm

im happy with the spanish contingent

as long as we win.

15yrs for rafa, yes indeed
106-1093504160

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:08 pm

Source - Liverpool fc.tv

Benitez - 15 years
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:10 pm

I havnt read anything they have said that is negative about being here!
The only thing rafa said about not being long term was his wife and whether she could settle for a long period here!
I think she will though as its obvious Rafa is loving it here!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:27 pm

I think that Rafa and his spainish posse really like the club as well as the city, from what they have said in interviews they love the fans singing their name :)

Alonso: class player, passes as well as Stevie and gets stuck in too

Garcia: what can I say, this lad is class and to top it off he can use both feet :)

Josemi: looks a good buy, no nonsense tackler but does lose the plot sometimes and isn't the fastest in the world ???

Nunez: dunno but I'm excited to see the lad play :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:40 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya, so you're Lyndsay then are you?

If you are, i was looking at some pics of you on this site that you must have uploaded for an avatar...all i can say is you're stunning if its you! :p

Oops, back to the question, YES, i think all our Spaniards love it here.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:46 pm

:blush: thanx  :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:49 pm

ah....wats the name of the avatar...too many to scroll through.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:49 pm

Redtribe wrote:The only thing rafa said about not being long term was his wife and whether she could settle for a long period here!

he should just tell her to get some decent tampax :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:50 pm

:D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion