The smoking gun.... - Or just an innocent mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:56 am

atletico,Juventus, Roma, hamburg, bayern, maybe mancity... im sure i could come up with atleast 5 or 6 more clubs...  You dont think the above can afford 5-15 million to buy Kuyt Sabre ? Seriously ????
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:57 am

Effes wrote:Ive come home a bit bevvied, but Im a bit confused.

What about if we sign Kuyt up for 4 more years; and no one wants to sign him?
(Very likely)

Does that mean we're stuck with him for 5 more years?
Maybe Rafa thinks he's sh!te as well?

Sorry, just thought on; he'd make a great right back. :;):

Go an get your head down lad nothing to see here  :laugh: Just your usual Sunday morning exclusive Babcombe bitterness :;):

Oh ive really got a :censored: head ache with it all
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:00 am

peewee wrote:a little hint my friend, its better to be arrogant when you have something to be arrogant about

:D
Spare us the details moneybags!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am

NANNY RED wrote:

(Very likely)

Go an get your head down lad nothing to see here  :laugh: Just your usual Sunday morning exclusive Babcombe bitterness :;):

BABCOMBE!! :laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am

john craig wrote:
s@int wrote:
john craig wrote:Has anyone considered that Benitez allegedly telling players not to sign new contracts is because he is putting the players first and not himself??

There is nothing more hypocritical than the manager who persuades a player to sign for a new club, or sign a new contract at a current club, only to fu.ck off himself in the near future, when the player may be partly signing the contract because of the manager they're going to be working for.  Harry Redknapp screwing over Crouch among others is a prime example. 

Benitez obviously knew, or perhaps even still knows, that there is more than a decent chance of him not being here next season.  How can he therefore possibly sit around the table with a player over contract negotiations?

Not a thing wrong with his advice imo (if it's true).  Players deserve to know what they're getting themselves in for when they sign a new contract.

Rafa's job is to represent Liverpool football club, the players have agents to represent them. There is no conflict of interest ...... or there shouldn't be. The managers job is to get the best possible value out of the players, its the players agent who looks after the players interests.

The players' agents can advise fu.ck all when it comes to what's going on behind the scenes at LFC though s@int.  The bottom line is that Benitez has a fairly good idea of where he'll be next season.  I don't think the yanks will sack him, I've said it before, but there is more than a good chance still that he'll walk imo.  It's completely hypocritical and without morals for him to try and persuade players to stay when he might not be.  IMO of course.

He is paid to represent Liverpool fc's best interests not the players. His job is to keep players under contract until they are no longer required and then sell them.To encourage players not to sign contracts, so that they can leave FOR LITTLE OR NO MONEY IF THEY WISH is a disgrace.

What he is doing is little short of blackmail, both to the club and the player.
account deleted by request

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am

Number 9 wrote:I've got an idea!
Our manager is shi'te,Parry is a kunt,the two yanks are basta'rds..all our players are apparently shi'te apart from Reina,Carra,Gerrard,Alonso and Nando.
Why dont we just pack it all in and play 5 aside...we'd be great at that!
Great idea! :D

Some fives team that'd be :nod
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 am

s@int wrote:
john craig wrote:
s@int wrote:
john craig wrote:Has anyone considered that Benitez allegedly telling players not to sign new contracts is because he is putting the players first and not himself??

There is nothing more hypocritical than the manager who persuades a player to sign for a new club, or sign a new contract at a current club, only to fu.ck off himself in the near future, when the player may be partly signing the contract because of the manager they're going to be working for.  Harry Redknapp screwing over Crouch among others is a prime example. 

Benitez obviously knew, or perhaps even still knows, that there is more than a decent chance of him not being here next season.  How can he therefore possibly sit around the table with a player over contract negotiations?

Not a thing wrong with his advice imo (if it's true).  Players deserve to know what they're getting themselves in for when they sign a new contract.

Rafa's job is to represent Liverpool football club, the players have agents to represent them. There is no conflict of interest ...... or there shouldn't be. The managers job is to get the best possible value out of the players, its the players agent who looks after the players interests.

The players' agents can advise fu.ck all when it comes to what's going on behind the scenes at LFC though s@int.  The bottom line is that Benitez has a fairly good idea of where he'll be next season.  I don't think the yanks will sack him, I've said it before, but there is more than a good chance still that he'll walk imo.  It's completely hypocritical and without morals for him to try and persuade players to stay when he might not be.  IMO of course.

He is paid to represent Liverpool fc's best interests not the players. His job is to keep players under contract until they are no longer required and then sell them.To encourage players not to sign contracts, so that they can leave FOR LITTLE OR NO MONEY IF THEY WISH is a disgrace.

I thought his job was to stick to coaching?  At least I think I can remember the owners famously saying that once.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 am

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:a little hint my friend, its better to be arrogant when you have something to be arrogant about

and its always nice to apologise when you accuse someone of something the haven't done    :idea
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 am

Talking of smoking guns - Im sat here looking at a ripped up Easter Egg box.
Eaten one of my nephew's Easter Eggs.

That's a feckin smokin gun if you ask me!

Off to bed.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:06 am

Number 9 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

(Very likely)

What are you laughin at thats his :censored: name. dont you start me heads wrecked enough as it is . MR i cant pick me nose :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:07 am

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

and its always nice to apologise when you accuse someone of something the haven't done    :idea

What like everyone shi'tting on Rafa for telling Kuyt not to sign?
I've nothing to apologise for fella,I did'nt believe it in the first place!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:08 am

john craig wrote:
s@int wrote:
john craig wrote:
s@int wrote:

I thought his job was to stick to coaching?  At least I think I can remember the owners famously saying that once.

Maybe he should have stuck to that then mate, as everytime he tries something else it seems to blow up in his face.

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:11 am

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

What like everyone shi'tting on Rafa for telling Kuyt not to sign?
I've nothing to apologise for fella,I did'nt believe it in the first place!

like starting threads in relation to none existent pms and slating a poster for nothing. also sorry for doing well for myself, it seems to be a bone of contention for you
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:11 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

(Very likely)

Sorry, just thought on; he'd make a great right back.

Go an get your head down lad nothing to see here  :laugh: Just your usual Sunday morning exclusive Babcombe bitterness

What are you laughin at thats his :censored: name. dont you start me heads wrecked enough as it is . MR i cant pick me nose quote]

Early stages of alzheimers kicking in there Nan!
Soon you'll be a shuddering wreck covered in custard and scone crumbs! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:18 am

Its a good job they don't have that policy at Newcastle. The way they go through managers all their players would be on a free transfer every season.

How can you say any managers job is secure. So should no player sign a new contract because the manager may lose a game or three and get sacked.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion