The smoking gun.... - Or just an innocent mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:43 am

NANNY RED wrote:Oh me heads cabbaged here i really dont know what to believe anymore.

Saint is it only Babcombe with that exclusive again an wheres he getting his exclusives from. Because as i said in another thread im dead sure hes banned from Melwood, ALL this shenanigans is making me old before me time. This player said this an this one sid that, it makes you wanna not pick up a paper anymore for fear of what your gonna read next.

This carry on at the club could send anyone to the bottle.

Do you know what though im finding it hard latley to believe anythink that in the papers. Last week Rafawas a cert to go according to them ,cleared his desk out an all, an who :censored: off but Parry. Now this from Kuyt me heads wrecked with it all

I am waiting to hear the words from Kuys mouth before i read anything more into this tbh , i cant handle it no more

In fairness Nan, like you I'm a bit sceptical about the quotes. The defence councils case so far I don't go a bundle on  :laugh:  :D but the quotes themselves just don't seem believeable to me.

They're unbelieveable for a couple of reasons. Firstly and formostly, unlike the impression you'd be forgiven for getting on here, if true this is a scandal. Secondly, Kuyt must have known that if quoted as saying this, he would put Rafa in a very difficult corner. Were Kuyt not in the team or at odds with the manager, there would be motivation, but that isn't the case.

If the quote aren't right, then obviously theres' no problem. If they are, there isn't a carpet big enough to sweep it under IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 am

john craig wrote:Has anyone considered that Benitez allegedly telling players not to sign new contracts is because he is putting the players first and not himself??

There is nothing more hypocritical than the manager who persuades a player to sign for a new club, or sign a new contract at a current club, only to fu.ck off himself in the near future, when the player may be partly signing the contract because of the manager they're going to be working for.  Harry Redknapp screwing over Crouch among others is a prime example. 

Benitez obviously knew, or perhaps even still knows, that there is more than a decent chance of him not being here next season.  How can he therefore possibly sit around the table with a player over contract negotiations?

Not a thing wrong with his advice imo (if it's true).  Players deserve to know what they're getting themselves in for when they sign a new contract.

Nah you are wrong hes doing it cause he wants Kuyt cheaper if he goes,its a smoking gun John!Hes a gangster that Rafa one!
Would sell ya down the river,steal the eye out of yer head and come back for the lashes!
Disgrace of a man! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 am

john craig wrote:Has anyone considered that Benitez allegedly telling players not to sign new contracts is because he is putting the players first and not himself??

There is nothing more hypocritical than the manager who persuades a player to sign for a new club, or sign a new contract at a current club, only to fu.ck off himself in the near future, when the player may be partly signing the contract because of the manager they're going to be working for.  Harry Redknapp screwing over Crouch among others is a prime example. 

Benitez obviously knew, or perhaps even still knows, that there is more than a decent chance of him not being here next season.  How can he therefore possibly sit around the table with a player over contract negotiations?

Not a thing wrong with his advice imo (if it's true).  Players deserve to know what they're getting themselves in for when they sign a new contract.

Rafa's job is to represent Liverpool football club, the players have agents to represent them. There is no conflict of interest ...... or there shouldn't be. The managers job is to get the best possible value out of the players, its the players agent who looks after the players interests.

Or maybe Rafa should offer Hyypia a 10 year contract because thats in the players best interests?  :laugh:
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:46 am

Its not about the players or the manager

Its about Liverpool Football Club
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:47 am

Ive come home a bit bevvied, but Im a bit confused.

What about if we sign Kuyt up for 4 more years; and no one wants to sign him?
(Very likely)

Does that mean we're stuck with him for 5 more years?
Maybe Rafa thinks he's sh!te as well?

Sorry, just thought on; he'd make a great right back. :;):
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:47 am

Number 9 wrote:

Nah you are wrong hes doing it cause he wants Kuyt cheaper if he goes,its a smoking gun John!Hes a gangster that Rafa one!
Would sell ya down the river,steal the eye out of yer head and come back for the lashes!
Disgrace of a man! :D

:D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:48 am

Sabre wrote:Ok Ace, that was a good answer, if you tell me a club, that is in the position to pay us not few, but good millions for Kuyt, around what he costed us, then you have convinced me.

But I don't see that Ace'.

So it looks like telling a player not to sign a new contract until the the manager has sorted his own one out is fine then, and perfectly normal practice. All around the country it's going on every day, players approaching managers as they come towards the end of their deals and the manager is saying "feck off, until my deal gets sorted none of you's c...s is getting feck all." Reg was right all along, who gives a t0ss   

My idea that possibly Rafa was keeping in mind a future transfer situation was abolutely fecking ridiculous. The thruth of the matter is, that Rafa was actually thinking about the club all along, and didn't want any potential new manager to be burdened with Kuyt, just in case he didn't want him. He felt the best way to maximise Kuyt's future sell on potential if the new manager didn't want him was to have him on a shorter deal. As Rafa has spoken to Kuyt and the Dutchman has indicated that he wants to stay, there is zero point zero potential percentage chance that he'll speak to another club in two months about a pre contract deal.

Yes, true, but if he has a long contract, the chances of him speaking with a new club are -25.50 (note the minus). And the new manager would possibly have what you call deadwood. And that's bad for the club.

Ask Peewee, he's usually right. Peewee, do you think it's a good idea to give Kuyt a 4 year contract now?

Peewee knows that one Mick.  :D

stop trying to be a smart @rse and read the thread and you will see the answer. you really are being a pretentious tw@t tonight sabre, you post to heimdall in the other thread shows your arrogance at its worst,

a little hint my friend, its better to be arrogant when you have something to be arrogant about

now lets get back to ignoring each other, don't try and score petty points off me, but yes you are right in your comments about me being right, feel free to point out where i have got it wrong regarding your precious rafa.

I am with this club for life sabre, at least you can go when rafa goes, seems like you will be a Real Madris fan next season and you can infect their forums with your patronising arrogant attitude

end of conversation between us now, don't try and drag me into your petty squabble or use me to try and score brownie points, I will just f*ck you off irrespective of your inability to get carded on here and your pathetic ;hey mods card me' comments
112-1077774096

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:48 am

bigmick wrote:By CHRIS BASCOMBE, 28/02/2009

DIRK KUYT has revealed he was told to put contract talks on hold until AFTER Rafa Benitez’s future is resolved.

The Dutchman says the request came from Benitez himself, who is embroiled in epic talks with Liverpool’s American owners.

There were suggestions Kuyt had been frustrated by the lack of movement from the club and some even claimed he would not sign unless Rafa remains as manager.

But Kuyt dismissed those rumours, making it clear he will willingly open negotiations when the club approach him.

Contract
The attacker explained: “Rafa told me he wanted to give me a new contract but he wanted to sort out his own contract first and then we’ll see what’s happening.

“I’ve just been trying to focus on the games and not worry too much. Because I’m happy at Liverpool and I enjoy it, I want to stay. I don’t know if my future is linked to the manager, because that depends on what the club wants.

“If the club want to give me a new contract, I’m more than happy to talk about it.

“I’ve never been thinking about whether the manager would go or not. Of course, you want to know who the manager is but I’ve said I want to stay at Liverpool.”

If we had won 3-0 today people would be blaming the club and not Rafa. I have issues with a number of Rafa related decisions and philosophies but I think the way people are jumping on Rafa’s back about this particular issue is pretty knee-jerk

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 am

Effes wrote:Ive come home a bit bevvied, but Im a bit confused.

(Very likely)

According to Rafa he turned down £15million for Kuyt this season.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am

(Very likely)

he would an all...  :laugh:

but i dont think 'its very likely' that we'd struggle to find him a club if we wanted to sell him..wouldnt think so..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am

Babcombe is a first class t.wat though an if them quotes came direct from Kuyt then im gobsmacked.

As luke has said its the club who negotiate the contracts not Rafa. I know yous are gonna say oh shes blinded again by her support for Benitez. But in this case im not as i said i wanna hear it from kuyt not Babcombe, .tHEN I WILL DECIDE
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am

s@int wrote:

(Very likely)

According to Rafa he turned down £15million for Kuyt this season.  :D

No, he didn't. Parry did!  :nod   :buttrock
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:53 am

s@int wrote:

Rafa's job is to represent Liverpool football club, the players have agents to represent them. There is no conflict of interest ...... or there shouldn't be. The managers job is to get the best possible value out of the players, its the players agent who looks after the players interests.

The players' agents can advise fu.ck all when it comes to what's going on behind the scenes at LFC though s@int.  The bottom line is that Benitez has a fairly good idea of where he'll be next season.  I don't think the yanks will sack him, I've said it before, but there is more than a good chance still that he'll walk imo.  It's completely hypocritical and without morals for him to try and persuade players to stay when he might not be.  IMO of course.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 am

I've got an idea!
Our manager is shi'te,Parry is a kunt,the two yanks are basta'rds..all our players are apparently shi'te apart from Reina,Carra,Gerrard,Alonso and Nando.
Why dont we just pack it all in and play 5 aside...we'd be great at that!
Great idea! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:56 am

s@int wrote:Or maybe Rafa should offer Hyypia a 10 year contract because thats in the players best interests?  :laugh:

Fu.ck me s@int, the way we're defending these days (Madrid game apart), it might be in the team's best interests :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion