The smoking gun.... - Or just an innocent mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:29 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
bigmick wrote:Still didn't get my answer on the reaping thing, as I'm fairly certain I wasn't been called a legend in the first place.

Anyway, I don't agree. I would have possibly agreed if Rafa's contract negotiations ween't going to drag on like they have, but as it is I don't agree. There does also seem to be a bit of a contrast between the advice given to Kuyt and that given to the club re Daniel Agger. I don't really understand why given they're in the same situation with their contracts.

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14731

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14731
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:29 am

SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 am

I would like some answers

1/ How is it better to risk losing a player for nothing than being able to sell him for a decent price?

2/ How is it better to risk losing a player or having to pay him an higher wage because he knows he only has a short time to go before he can walk out for nothing.

Kuyt may only be worth £5 million or so, £10million if you listen to some, £15 million if you listen to Rafa :laugh: in the last year of his contract you can half whichever figure you agree with.

Like the Keane fiasco its a fkn disgrace.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:32 am

Sabre wrote:Ah, a new thread motivated by the deep concerns that newkitters have in the situation of our hard worker Kuyt.

I know I defend the indefendable, but I'd like some answers

In a nutshell I'd love that someone explained me how it's a good idea to give Kuyt a long contract if we don't know Rafa will stay or what the new manager thinks of Kuyt. If the player is ready to stay no matter what, then this situation is ideal for the club's interest.

I don't know eh? Perhaps we'd be better off if Mou came, and we had to pay a lot of money to Kuyt for breaking his contract because Mou doesn't want him. In order to help our debt a bit more. More incredible things have been defended in newkit.

If we don't have the danger of losing Kuyt, if he wants to stay no matter the manager, if Kuyt is not a player coveted by clubs that have lots of money, if the lad doesn't seem very dissapointed after all, can anyone explain me how giving him a long contract without knowing Rafa's future is good for the club's interest?

It's all very interesting that someone doesn't remind a similar case and all that. I just want to know how it would be good for Liverpool to have a new manager and having kuyt with a 4 year contract, after all we talked about Cisse and other cases.

Someone show me the light? ???

guess ill just quote my reply to you here again Sabre...sorry for repetition but i guess its better if we put stuff in the right place and all...

"funny i'd be the one saying this with all the Kuyt bashing iv done over the years but im sure plenty of clubs would love to have Kuyt in their starting 11... maybe not the 4 clubs u mention up there but surely the like of atletico,Juventus, Roma, hamburg, bayern, maybe mancity, etc etc would love to have a player of his quality (  :down:  ) and experience in their sides.... he'd go for anywhere between 5-15mill as far as im concerned and im pretty sure many clubs besides the 4 you have up there would be willing and able to make bids..

with a 4year contract if he's not wanted i can see him going for such money...surely if hes not wanted i wouldnt think he'd sit on his  and prefer to let his 4year contract run down just to collect his wages.. surely many other clubs (see above) would again be willing to offer similar wages...

the scenario you give... rafa leaves, kuyt has 1 year..hes not wanted.... what happens then... he leaves for a few mill... i dont see the good in that !!! "
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:34 am

So it looks like telling a player not to sign a new contract until the the manager has sorted his own one out is fine then, and perfectly normal practice. All around the country it's going on every day, players approaching managers as they come towards the end of their deals and the manager is saying "feck off, until my deal gets sorted none of you's c...s is getting feck all." Reg was right all along, who gives a t0ss :D :laugh:

My idea that possibly Rafa was keeping in mind a future transfer situation was abolutely fecking ridiculous. The thruth of the matter is, that Rafa was actually thinking about the club all along, and didn't want any potential new manager to be burdened with Kuyt, just in case he didn't want him. He felt the best way to maximise Kuyt's future sell on potential if the new manager didn't want him was to have him on a shorter deal. As Rafa has spoken to Kuyt and the Dutchman has indicated that he wants to stay, there is zero point zero potential percentage chance that he'll speak to another club in two months about a pre contract deal.

As long as it's all good I'm Ok with it. Silly me for worrying   :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:34 am

people complain about how we lost owen on the cheap and lost macmanaman for nothing, and of course blame parry, yet here is the manager putting us in a similar situation advising players to not sign contracts, but of course we will only offer contracts to players should the manager want them, if he doesn't want them then they should be sold before we get to one year left on the contract, its not far fetched to suggest that rafa wants the contract to run down to get the player cheaper when he moves on, not if he moves on but when he moves on either before the end of the season or at the end of the season (ramos goes at the end of the season), we all know rafa rates kuyt, personally i cant wait to see kuyt gone, but i dont want to give him away
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 am

aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:The smoking gun..holy sweet suffering fu'ck! :laugh:

"Rafa told me he wanted to give me a new contract but he wanted to sort out his own contract first and then we’ll see what’s happening".

Now to me that seems like the manager saying to a player,I dont know where my future lies until its sorted,so it would be false of me to guarantee your future here because i may not be here!

So its turned into a smoking gun and Rafa is not letting Kuyt sign a contract because IF he leaves he will get him cheaper! :laugh:
You should get a job at a tabloid paper Mick!

A managers job is to represent the best interests of Liverpool football club.

So you think its better that players don't sign a new contract and all leave for next to nothing if the club can't agree a new deal with Rafa ? Bollox Barry. They will all be in their last year shortly and we all know what that means...... either you pay a lot more out for them to sign or they find another club which will....... and we get next to nothing for them.

To tell players NOT TO SIGN a new contract is disgraceful.

Its a fuc'king stupid quote offline Saint!
Stick quotation marks around a few lines,throw into the mix a few posters who despise the manager and its a smoking gun and a disgrace!
There is no doubt that the manager wants the best for LFC.It looks like  he will be getting a few more years to see if he can bring success now that he seems to have terms sorted...He's not going anywhere!

Do you really expect people not to comment when Mick comes off with the biggest load of horse shi'te that Rafa is telling Kuyt not to sign a contract so as he can leave the club and get him cheaper at the next club he manages!
That is absurd and i laughed cause i find it funny..fuc'king smoking gun and all!
:D

:kungfu:

that should be ur avatar, ur sig, ur nickname.. everything...sums you up brilliantly !

Why cause im not paranoid and dont choose to believe every negative bit of press or gossip?

You lot are gonna have to get used to it because the manager you all hate will be signing his new contract soon...like it or lump it!

Hopefully the board can get back to the way it used to be then when people actually had good discussions rather than just moaned moaned moaned!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:37 am

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:The smoking gun..holy sweet suffering fu'ck! :laugh:

"Rafa told me he wanted to give me a new contract but he wanted to sort out his own contract first and then we’ll see what’s happening".

Now to me that seems like the manager saying to a player,I dont know where my future lies until its sorted,so it would be false of me to guarantee your future here because i may not be here!

So its turned into a smoking gun and Rafa is not letting Kuyt sign a contract because IF he leaves he will get him cheaper! :laugh:
You should get a job at a tabloid paper Mick!

A managers job is to represent the best interests of Liverpool football club.

So you think its better that players don't sign a new contract and all leave for next to nothing if the club can't agree a new deal with Rafa ? Bollox Barry. They will all be in their last year shortly and we all know what that means...... either you pay a lot more out for them to sign or they find another club which will....... and we get next to nothing for them.

To tell players NOT TO SIGN a new contract is disgraceful.

Its a fuc'king stupid quote offline Saint!
Stick quotation marks around a few lines,throw into the mix a few posters who despise the manager and its a smoking gun and a disgrace!
There is no doubt that the manager wants the best for LFC.It looks like  he will be getting a few more years to see if he can bring success now that he seems to have terms sorted...He's not going anywhere!

Do you really expect people not to comment when Mick comes off with the biggest load of horse shi'te that Rafa is telling Kuyt not to sign a contract so as he can leave the club and get him cheaper at the next club he manages!
That is absurd and i laughed cause i find it funny..fuc'king smoking gun and all!

:kungfu:

that should be ur avatar, ur sig, ur nickname.. everything...sums you up brilliantly !

Why cause im not paranoid and dont choose to believe every negative bit of press or gossip?

You lot are gonna have to get used to it because the manager you all hate will be signing his new contract soon...like it or lump it!

Hopefully the board can get back to the way it used to be then when people actually had good discussions rather than just moaned moaned moaned!

bet u even look  like the little fcker... hahaha
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:38 am

Oh me heads cabbaged here i really dont know what to believe anymore.

Saint is it only Babcombe with that exclusive again an wheres he getting his exclusives from. Because as i said in another thread im dead sure hes banned from Melwood, ALL this shenanigans is making me old before me time. This player said this an this one sid that, it makes you wanna not pick up a paper anymore for fear of what your gonna read next.

This carry on at the club could send anyone to the bottle.

Do you know what though im finding it hard latley to believe anythink that in the papers. Last week Rafawas a cert to go according to them ,cleared his desk out an all, an who :censored: off but Parry. Now this from Kuyt me heads wrecked with it all

I am waiting to hear the words from Kuys mouth before i read anything more into this tbh , i cant handle it no more
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 am

Ok Ace, that was a good answer, if you tell me a club, that is in the position to pay us not few, but good millions for Kuyt, around what he costed us, then you have convinced me.

But I don't see that Ace'.

So it looks like telling a player not to sign a new contract until the the manager has sorted his own one out is fine then, and perfectly normal practice. All around the country it's going on every day, players approaching managers as they come towards the end of their deals and the manager is saying "feck off, until my deal gets sorted none of you's c...s is getting feck all." Reg was right all along, who gives a t0ss   

My idea that possibly Rafa was keeping in mind a future transfer situation was abolutely fecking ridiculous. The thruth of the matter is, that Rafa was actually thinking about the club all along, and didn't want any potential new manager to be burdened with Kuyt, just in case he didn't want him. He felt the best way to maximise Kuyt's future sell on potential if the new manager didn't want him was to have him on a shorter deal. As Rafa has spoken to Kuyt and the Dutchman has indicated that he wants to stay, there is zero point zero potential percentage chance that he'll speak to another club in two months about a pre contract deal.

Yes, true, but if he has a long contract, the chances of him speaking with a new club are -25.50 (note the minus). And the new manager would possibly have what you call deadwood. And that's bad for the club.

Ask Peewee, he's usually right. Peewee, do you think it's a good idea to give Kuyt a 4 year contract now?

Peewee knows that one Mick.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 am

Is it possible that the club have said that no new contracts will be negotiated with players or coaching staff until Rafa’s future has been sorted out?

From what I understand that has been the stance of the club for the past 6 months or so and the Kuyt situation is just an example of this.

I reckon the club have told Rafa that until it is decided whether Rafa will continue beyond this season we will not be buying any players or committing to any new contracts.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:42 am

Has anyone considered that Benitez allegedly telling players not to sign new contracts is because he is putting the players first and not himself??

There is nothing more hypocritical than the manager who persuades a player to sign for a new club, or sign a new contract at a current club, only to fu.ck off himself in the near future, when the player may be partly signing the contract because of the manager they're going to be working for.  Harry Redknapp screwing over Crouch among others is a prime example. 

Benitez obviously knew, or perhaps even still knows, that there is more than a decent chance of him not being here next season.  How can he therefore possibly sit around the table with a player over contract negotiations?

Not a thing wrong with his advice imo (if it's true).  Players deserve to know what they're getting themselves in for when they sign a new contract.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:42 am

anyways...back on topic...

come to think about it... it might not be as bad as i first thought... its either that Kuyt leaves with Rafa...which is a good thing regardless of how much money we lose out on...

OR

Kuyt stays for the final year and the manager (whoever it is) realizes how much of a liability he is at times and decides not to renew his contract.... good stuff

OR

Kuyt stays and signs a new contract and we avoid the whole situation... worst case scenario :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:42 am

Yeah , lets all look forward to that day eh mate.

Why should we worry about a manager that puts his own future before the clubs.
Sells players just to prove a point, leaving us without decent back up.
Tells players not to sign contracts until he has ..... risking millions.

FFS what do you need a fkn road map to find your way. Are you so blinded bysuccess hype.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:43 am

bigmick wrote:So it looks like telling a player not to sign a new contract until the the manager has sorted his own one out is fine then, and perfectly normal practice. All around the country it's going on every day, players approaching managers as they come towards the end of their deals and the manager is saying "feck off, until my deal gets sorted none of you's c...s is getting feck all." Reg was right all along, who gives a t0ss :D :laugh:

As long as it's all good I'm Ok with it. Silly me for worrying   :D

OK king of kings you are right..its a smoking gun!
Rafa is a kunt and he told kuyt not to sign cause hes gonna leave and get kuyt cheaper when he manages Madrid or someone else!

There ya go,you are fantastic Mick and always right.Again you have hit the nail on the head.In fact you are wasted on here cause you are so wonderful.
Sack Rafa,Mick for manager..hes a legend!

*DISCLAIMER* :;): Im of course not actually systematically advocating in this instance that LFC henceforth do terminate Rafas contract and install BigMick with immediate effect..but we still dont have a sarcasm smiley,hence the disclaimer!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion