The smoking gun.... - Or just an innocent mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bam » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Or if you go a bit lower than your post, someone will imply that if we get a bit sarky with Mick, it's because I'm of Rafa LFC or Alonso LFC .

Although you've clearly earmarked my post in that quote. I didnt refer any names in my post, so there is no need to get so defensive. But if the cap fits ....

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:44 pm

So you weren't thinking on me when you talked about that line, no?

Of course, of course, Bam. :).

Anyhow, it just shows how there are posters (unnamed posters) that do have labels. Labels that talk about partiality, biasedness, and not true LFC support right?

That's the point I'm making. Respect for all views, or respect for none.

We switch from Rafa can't be defended forum, to Rafa can't be criticised forum. There's little respect in general, let alone with Mick.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Sabre wrote:So you weren't thinking on me when you talked about that line, no?

Of course, of course, Bam. :).

Anyhow, it just shows how there are posters (unnamed posters) that do have labels. Labels that talk about partiality, biasedness, and not true LFC support right?

:)  Sabre with the kindest respect, please dont flatter yourself.You werent on my mind  :laugh: it was more a
general thing.

But why have you become knarky lately with your mate Mick ?

Is it because hes finally lost faith in Rafa, me thinks so. 

:;):

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:58 pm

All those saying that Mick started this thread to feed his own "ego" are way off the mark. Mick started this thread as a FAVOUR TO ME. I was asked to start a new thread because some people thought it was an important enough topic. I was reluctant to start a thread (for obvious reasons) and Mick did it to help out.

Whether you support Rafa or maybe sometimes question his motives, surely something like this should be discussed not just brushed aside.

I think to ask players not to sign a new contract before he does is wrong. The players value goes down, it costs more to sign him on a new contract and if the manager leaves its more likely that the player will too. Is that in the best interests of Liverpool fc or maybe just of Rafa's.

Same with all the backroom staff, they are employed by LFC not Rafa, if they want to work for Rafa fc let him pay their wages. So when Rafa says they can't sign a new contract until they know if Rafa is staying or going, what he means is HE doesn't want them to sign a new contract until his own future is settled.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:05 pm

As a through and through Rafa supporter, I was well aware of his progressive losing of faith in the manager.

That loss of faith happened a lot ago in my views, so no, that's not the reason.

I don't know what knarky means BTW :D, let me check it. I can't find it. Let's assume it's something like unpleasant, or sarcastic.

I have given stick to his posts, the content of it, but not the guy. The reason is not the loss of faith, or I'd be giving regular stick to many people here (Conn'ovar is not exactly pro Rafa, Bad Bob has lost faith too). So no, that's not the reason.

I give stick to part of his content because it's a bit provoking to me. That is, you can say "Rafa is not the right man IMHO". Ok. But you can say aswell "Rafa is not the right man IMHO, I reckon he'll be 23 years here, and his defenders will be still happy".

That, when someone foresees what I'll say when I'm 51 years old, is that what gets sarcasm of my own. Not the loss of faith. He has gone a bit further as of late with this super predictions.

But I do it with no red blood in the eyes, I do it "normally". I don't have problems with mick the guy.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:45 pm

sabes, mate - i'm not sugesting that mick should be getting special favourable treatment at all. what is annoying me is that more and more people are having a go at him for trying to generate quality debate ffs. ok, he is maybe getting entrenched in his views, but they are views he's held for a long time. its not as if he's a knee jerker. the ongoing suggestions that he is only into feeding his own ego or trying to be arrogant or wind people up are ridiculous, imo, and typical of the way the forum is beginning to parallel the tabloid press as times. people are beginning to react to his supposed character rather than his football views and that is the issue for me.

i'm not saying its you, or me, or mick or salty sock, or anyone else that is responsible for any of this. it just seems to be a trend, that is all. i don't care who disagrees with who and i don't care that people who used to agree now disagree and i don't care that you are getting a little annoyed with mick at times.

anyway, i'm hungry and i'm off to gut some mackerel to cook for lunch.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Throw a bit of mixed salad chopped up mind with olive oil an lemon juice on a plate with that Andy an ill have some :laugh:

im Cooking for one today my soft lad gone to Wembley :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Throw a bit of mixed salad chopped up mind with olive oil an lemon juice on a plate with that Andy an ill have some :laugh:

actually nanny, i've stuffed a bit of lemon in their flanks and bunged them in the oven on top of thinly sliced potato, onion and red pepper. there'll be a salad on the side, of course. its nearly ready and smells lovely so get your skates on.

and bring an umbrella - its p!ssing down

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:14 pm

andy_g wrote:sabes, mate - i'm not sugesting that mick should be getting special favourable treatment at all. what is annoying me is that more and more people are having a go at him for trying to generate quality debate ffs. ok, he is maybe getting entrenched in his views, but they are views he's held for a long time. its not as if he's a knee jerker. the ongoing suggestions that he is only into feeding his own ego or trying to be arrogant or wind people up are ridiculous, imo, and typical of the way the forum is beginning to parallel the tabloid press as times. people are beginning to react to his supposed character rather than his football views and that is the issue for me.

i'm not saying its you, or me, or mick or salty sock, or anyone else that is responsible for any of this. it just seems to be a trend, that is all. i don't care who disagrees with who and i don't care that people who used to agree now disagree and i don't care that you are getting a little annoyed with mick at times.

anyway, i'm hungry and i'm off to gut some mackerel to cook for lunch.

Good post Andy. I think its time we started to discuss football more, and the personality, wealth, job, and sexual proclivities of the posters much less.

Maybe a seperate section on cooking tips would be a good idea too mate  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:20 pm

proclivities Saint ive never even heard of the word lol What does it mean like
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:27 pm

A natural propensity or inclination; predisposition

In other words whether they are gay/straight/bi-sexual or like Judge all three combined, shouldn't come into it. :D

You just thought you had been missing out on something all these years, didn't you ?  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:40 pm

s@int wrote:A natural propensity or inclination; predisposition

In other words whether they are gay/straight/bi-sexual or like Judge all three combined, shouldn't come into it. :D

You just thought you had been missing out on something all these years, didn't you ?  :D

yOU Deffo had to look that up in the dictionary :nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:30 pm

i've made a few posts in this thread without answering the topic so maybe i should rectify that.

my first reaction is that it would appear that benitez is tapping up players for his next position. he knows his future isn't especially secure at liverpool which is why he's trying to drive such a hard bargain with his new contract, so it makes sense for him to be casting an eye on the 'what if' scenario. its obvious that he highly rates kuyt as a player as he has all the qualities benitez likes - hard working, easy to tell what to do, defensive minded, doesn't score too many of those annoying goal thingies. i'm sure he is one of the first names on the list that benitez would like to take with him to another club, were he to go.

i'm guessing that kuyt would also like to go with him as he knows he will get plenty of games. just about any player will nail their colours to the mast and state their desire to keep playing for the club that currently employs them when pushed by a journalist, so i'm not too convinced by what he is purported to have said.

i'm not discounted the option that benitez is looking out for the players and ensuring that they know what they are getting in the future at liverpool either - but currently i'm leaning towards the first one.

the mackerel was delicious, by the way

:)

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:44 pm

my first reaction is that it would appear that benitez is tapping up players for his next position. he knows his future isn't especially secure at liverpool which is why he's trying to drive such a hard bargain with his new contract, so it makes sense for him to be casting an eye on the 'what if' scenario. its obvious that he highly rates kuyt as a player as he has all the qualities benitez likes - hard working, easy to tell what to do, defensive minded, doesn't score too many of those annoying goal thingies. i'm sure he is one of the first names on the list that benitez would like to take with him to another club, were he to go.

Not that this hypothesis is not valid. It can be valid. But what I don't know, is how we can be able to know what are Rafa Benitez's intentions from a couple of quotes, let alone where lie his priorities.

For instance I have my own image of Benitez. I can imagine like you Benitez rating a lot Kuyt and appreciating his football attitudes.

I don't see though he'd bring Kuyt to anywhere he goes. Rafa is a careful planner, and he probably sees Kuyt necessary for this team, with this team context, and in this league.

I don't know for sure, in fact I doubt seriously that Benitez wanted to bring Kuyt with him to Real Madrid, a different context, a different squad, in a different league.

There are things I wouldn't be sure of unless I'd be talking with the manager for 5 hours personally and face to face. When I read those quotes, it's pretty much what you want to understand of them, and the interpretation has much to do with the image you have of Benitez.

I don't think none of us can say loud and clear this quotes means Rafa defends the club, or the player or himself. We simply don't know enough to be sure.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:45 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Throw a bit of mixed salad chopped up mind with olive oil an lemon juice on a plate with that Andy an ill have some :laugh:

I think he'll be coming home disapointed Nanna.........the gits won.

:no
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion