The s*n - Has ian rush forgiven?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:07 am

hey all, ok im posting this here, just to get a feel of what im gonna say. and dont worry, i dont buy the s*n, it is a piece of weak a$$ :censored: newspaper that i wont touch... usually. but for the last two weeks i have been in the smoking room and ian rush has been giving lenghty interviews to steven howard, head sports man at the s*n. Now i dont know whats going on. i dont wanna read the s*n because of its pure evil nature but ian rush is one of our greatest ever players and i like to know what hes got to say.

Its been two weeks in a row and they have been fantastic interviews (i just read how robbie phoned ian rush straight away to say how happy he was.)

I also asked a few member on here about there take on this in PMS and it seemed like it might just be a grab and smash ploy by the journalists, but now i know this isnt the case. ian rush is actually talking to the s*n. i cant even spell the word, that hows much i dislike the paper. dislike is not a strong wnough word but i dont wanna see :censored: signs all over my post.

so heres my problem, should i even be reading the article? id never buy the paper but its ian rush for fecks sake. is he trying to build a bridge that should never be brought?

im sorry to dedicate a thread to this sh!t paper, but its about the articles and i really do feel guilty about even reading it (and i had a quick glance at page 3..sorry)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:20 am

dawson99 wrote:so heres my problem, should i even be reading the article? id never buy the paper but its ian rush for fecks sake. is he trying to build a bridge that should never be brought?

No!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Dawson mate, I am close to tears reading this from you lad.

How can you post a topic in a Liverpool forum asking if it is OK to read that paper ?

Hillsborough Site

There are 96 reasons not to buy that rag mate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:25 pm

i would rather have sh!t on my hands than use that rag as toilet paper even
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:28 pm

They printed this story, which they have since admitted was total fabrication about Liverpool fans who battled in vain to save their brothers, fathers, sisters and children.

Never Forgive, Never Forget.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:31 pm

:( I have never read that rag.. but seeing that headline, having heard of it in the past , truly disgusts me.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:58 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Dawson mate, I am close to tears reading this from you lad.

How can you post a topic in a Liverpool forum asking if it is OK to read that paper ?

Hillsborough Site

There are 96 reasons not to buy that rag mate.

im not saying if thats ok, im asking why rushie (one of our all time heroes of the club) is doing this.

like i told u id love the paper to fold into nothing, but why is ian rush, my own personal hero, doing this?

im sorry if its upsetting anyone, but it is a valid point and something that should be discussed when one of our all time highly regarded players has started a weekly double page spread
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Leon, as I said to you in PM, I think that while this is a very uncomfortable subject, Dawson has raised a very important point.

Fans hate the Sun and members on this board who refer to it get vilified, yet what happens when legends like Ian Rush actually speak to it? Surely Rush's sin is a thousand times greater than a fan who posts a reference to the Sun on a message board? What do we do? Order an edict of fatwa against Rush (and the many other Liverpool players who have spoken to it)?

Its a issue which has been swept under the carpet for too long.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:20 pm

JBG wrote:Leon, as I said to you in PM, I think that while this is a very uncomfortable subject, Dawson has raised a very important point.

Fans hate the Sun and members on this board who refer to it get vilified, yet what happens when legends like Ian Rush actually speak to it? Surely Rush's sin is a thousand times greater than a fan who posts a reference to the Sun on a message board? What do we do? Order an edict of fatwa against Rush (and the many other Liverpool players who have spoken to it)?

Its a issue which has been swept under the carpet for too long.

As mentioned many times, its always a press association interview that has been adapted by a journalist at the paper.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:39 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Image

They printed this story, which they have since admitted was total fabrication about Liverpool fans who battled in vain to save their brothers, fathers, sisters and children.

Never Forgive, Never Forget.

i cant beleive that a U.K tabloiod could say such things,, B@STARDS,
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:17 pm

leon, but thats what im saying... this isnt an adaptation, its a sit down with the head sports writer. thats why im asking. im not asking anyone to buy it or read it, i'll never buy it myself. im just asking a question that does need to be asked
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:21 pm

dawson99 wrote:so heres my problem, should i even be reading the article?

If you are not asking the question then you should read your post again and edit it.

I refuse to look at the paper, but cant beleive it is just Rushie and the Sun journo.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:26 pm

and if im wrong i apologise.
i dont mean to open closed doors its more a what if question at the moment. but its two weeks running that ruishie has been talking to steven howard who is head writer there ive learnt in my delving to find out.

no offence meant to anyone tho
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:29 pm

If Rushie has spoken to them and give a long interview,then personally i'm very disappointed in him.As a player i will never fault him,but as a human being i would hope money hasnt clouded his judgement....i can never forget and can never forgive the bástards
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:39 pm

"Never Forgive, Never Forget"
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion