The s*n - Has ian rush forgiven?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Image

They printed this story, which they have since admitted was total fabrication about Liverpool fans who battled in vain to save their brothers, fathers, sisters and children.

Never Forgive, Never Forget.

luckily for me leon that pic is not showing up and that is good because if it did i would have a big hole in my moniter right now  :angry:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:19 pm

I absolutley DISPISE the Sun newspaper from the very bottom of my heart.

Words can not describe just how much I hate that absolute garbage.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:03 pm

I dare say that the "exclusive" in the above named paper was similar to the following:

Ian Rush feels Robbie Fowler will make a huge impact following his arrival back at Anfield.

Rush has welcomed Fowler's return - which is being likened to his Liverpool return from Juventus.

However, Rush feels Fowler's opportunity is much better than his - as not much is expected of the 30-year-old.

"Of course, they say you should never go back. And, to be quite honest, the situation is not quite the same as when I returned after a year at Juventus," said Rush.

"I like to think I was still in my prime whereas Robbie is 30 and not exactly a 90-minute player these days.

"But Rafa Benitez is not stupid. He knows Liverpool desperately need a finisher - never more so than last Sunday when they outplayed Manchester United at Old Trafford and still lost.

"Bring Robbie on for 20 or 30 minutes and he can make all the difference. The opposition know that as well.

"Robbie can give Liverpool an extra 10 points a season - the difference between finishing above or below United. Maybe even catching Chelsea."

Fowler again revealed that he was overwhelmed to be back.

"After I signed I sat in my car outside Anfield and was incredibly emotional," he said.

"It is unbelievable, a dream come true for me. I can hardly believe that I am back.

"One of my biggest regrets in football was my final game at Liverpool when I was taken off at half-time against Sunderland. I never got the chance to say goodbye to the fans.

"Now I am getting the chance to do things properly with the fans and it is just such a great feeling. I am here and I am committed to a future at Liverpool."

Sky Sports "exclusive" with Ian Rush (Fowlers return)
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Dawson mate, I am close to tears reading this from you lad.

How can you post a topic in a Liverpool forum asking if it is OK to read that paper ?

Hillsborough Site

There are 96 reasons not to buy that rag mate.

not worthworthy of the title newspaper anyhow.

Leon, thanks for that. I was about 14 when it happened, but I don't remember the newspaper headlines mentioned in the article. I've gotten goose bumps all over and am sickened. What a disgrace.

The respect that the rags have for the general public is shocking.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:53 pm

JBG wrote:Leon, as I said to you in PM, I think that while this is a very uncomfortable subject, Dawson has raised a very important point.

Fans hate the Sun and members on this board who refer to it get vilified, yet what happens when legends like Ian Rush actually speak to it? Surely Rush's sin is a thousand times greater than a fan who posts a reference to the Sun on a message board? What do we do? Order an edict of fatwa against Rush (and the many other Liverpool players who have spoken to it)?

Its a issue which has been swept under the carpet for too long.

I think you are right here. Often the media feels no consequence for the muck that they spread. Not talking to them, especially concerning something like this that will get enough publicity from other outlets is a little bit of retribution.

Won't stop them making up their own interviews of course, but at least they're not handed it to them on a plate.
Homebooby

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:32 pm

it should be official club policy that NOBODY at the club has any contact whatsoever with that poisonous rag; no interviews, no comments, no soundbytes and no pictures. NOTHING. former players like rush should know better than to have anything to do with them. i sincerely hope the s*n have picked bits from other papers to give them their "exclusive" rather than rushie speaking to them

my brother in law is staying at ours at the minute, he came home with a copy of it, i told him to put in next doors bin, i won't even have that piece of bile in my f*ckin BIN. i told him the full story behind it and he was disgusted and has sworn he'll never even LOOK at it again   :angry:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:36 am

WTF? Would one of the moderators let me know why my message from this morning was deleted from this thread?

I will repeat. Never read that rag. The only contact justified with it is whilst it is under foot being destroyed.
Faith is a passionate intuition.
Glofut

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:42 am

Fk! Just realised why my post was deleted.... fking hell. That avatar was not fking what I planned and I think Ive been conned badly. :censored:.

Here's the link : http://www.lfcurchins.co.uk/milan11.jpg

How the fk does that end up being some horrible gay pic when uploaded ... anyone know?
Glofut

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:43 am

Jeez. Don't even bother. If you copy and paste it, you get Stevie G and the Euro Cup. Click it and you get some weird :censored:. Please tell me how this happened!!!!
Glofut

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:46 am

And now all my posts have been deleted. Gutted. Moderator, did you really think I'd knowingly post with that :censored: appearing. FFS.
Glofut

Postby Theo@home » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:52 am

Being in OZ since 1981, until I came across this forum last year I was totally unaware of how that partucular newspaper reported on the Hillsborough tradgedy. Like all sensible people I was sickened and appaled by the spin that was given all in the name of making a headline and selling more papers.

Unfortunately, my feelings toward the press are such that if it wasn't the S*n then it could have been any of several other tabloids who would likely have done the same thing if they'd thought of it first.

My question (following) is not meant to condone any persons actions nor to be disrespectful to the people involved however I would be interested to know if the reporter and editor responsible are still associated with S*n?

Holding a (for want of a better term) "grudge" and I know it is justifiably more than that against an organisation or general group of people for an extended length of time creates the opportunity for 'hate' to be passed from one generation to another long after the initial event is a distant memory.

Careful people.
Theo@home

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:03 am

And so it should be. Hate doesn't come close to describing the emotion towards that rag. And I hope it continues until the thing ceases to exist. I would do anything required to assist it's end.

I know how it felt to be reeling in the days after 15th April, 1989. I'd been in the middle of it all, and I hallucinated for days about all sorts of :censored:, I weeped and shook and thought I was losing my mind. I needed all the care I could get, and instead I got villified by 'my own' -- press or not, they were supposed to be there for us. For what they did days after the worst day of my life, they will never be forgiven and I hope generations never forget.
Glofut

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:05 am

I'd like to think that Rushie hasn't sat down with a reporter from the pile of shite and given them an exclusive interview but unless you're able to actually ask rushie to his face or were there when the interview was conducted we'll never really know whether it was exclusive or whether there was a group of reporters in the room with rushie. We all know what bullshit that wrag comes up with andso the word EXCLUSIVE could mean that the way the story is written is exclusive in that wrag. (hope that made sense!)

I'm not gonna condemn rushie at this point 'cos we don't know whether he's only spoken to them or whether it's been a group of reporters but if he has i'm extremely disappointed in him.:( :(
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:31 am

The Sun's behaviour was disgusting.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am

ok, one final thing. im not in any way saying that i buy that piece of sh!te newspaper. im sorry to have offended anyone as that was not my intention. just wanted a serious debate for once on something that was close to poeple.

we all agree to never buy that paper, i hate the thing, so if people think i was trying to 'big it up' then im sorry, not my intention.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion