The ***'s apology - Anyone read it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:25 pm

Anyone read the apology by The *** newsrag? apparently it's on page 8 but there is a copy of it on the LFCtv site.

Personally I say 'Shove your sorry words of apology up your ar$e, somethings just can't be forgotten'
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm

I would NEVER accept their apology so they can stick their apology up there f**king ar$e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 years!!!
Last edited by Stan Laurel on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm

I agree.
The only thing they give a ****** about is the fact they aren't shifting any papers off the shelves on the merseyside
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:37 pm

Pretty ****** half-hearted apology as well if you ask me:

And The Sun of 2004 no more deserves to be hated on Merseyside than Wayne Rooney does.

It is time to move on.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:42 pm

Fifteen years too late
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:47 pm

time to move on my backside.

i never have and never will, sink to the depths of reading that pile of sh#t. i wouldn't even wipe my @rse with it. i was there that day and fortunately returned. it was the worst day of my life and still gives me nightmares 15 years on.

this insincere apology is a f#cking disgrace. :angry:

RIP 96
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:06 pm

I've just read it, and to be honest I can't believe it.

Basically, they're sorry and everything, but it's the Post and the Echo's fault that Liverpool's still miffed with them, because they're being told by owners Trinity Mirror to keep fanning the flames. So Trinity Mirror are bad and if they let it go, the people of Liverpool would just get over it.

I don't know who gave them the OK to run with that piece, but they're clearly as misguided as the c**t who OK'd the "The Truth" front page piece back in 1989. Personally I think in the case of Rooney taking their money it's just a young lad being given terrible advice, but to try and use him as an olive branch is just ridiculous.

As my Liverpool-born gran said at the time - she wouldn't clip her toenails onto that piece of s**t. Hatchet very much not buried.
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:13 pm

I wouldn't want to be in Rooney's boots when he turns up at Anfield this year, whoever he plays for.

Perhaps it might encourage more HJC and anti S*n banners

Would be nice to see all the HJC banners at the first match, to show how much we remain TOGETHER on the issue.

The first match @ Spurs gives us the opportunity to turn up Outside the S*n Offices in London and hold a demonstration on how strong we feel.

If you cannot make the Spurs game see if a friend will take your banner for you.
If you've not got a Banner "Make One".

:angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:17 pm

shove their apology, why now, why not 15 years ago, ****** the s#n.

JFT96.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby frenchbutfan » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:17 pm

hi
Anyone can explain me what is the problem? As i said in a different post i'm french but really fan of Liverpool and i don't understand a single word, except that a newspaper (the sun?) would have said something insulting about my favorite club...

Thank you
Sorry for my english....
frenchbutfan

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:28 pm

after the hillsborough disaster in 1989 the s#n newspaper printed blatant lies about Liverpool fans which were sickening to even consider writing about.

if you want more info go www.contrast.org/hillsborough/.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:55 pm

Just seen it then on the LFC site

No way do i accpet their lame excuses. I think they have a cheek to even write anything in that manner.
I hate this paper. They are defending Rooney not themselves. Rooney was wrong and so are they.

Cannot believe they actually said its time to move on, the cheek!

Shove your opology up your ******
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:58 pm

The line about very few of the staff from the time still being there was particularly stupid.

If someone thinks that they're a paper worth working for, taking into account that they would've known the history of the paper when they applied for their jobs, then I reserve my right to not trust their judgement, and hence I'm not going to read a single word that they write.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:19 pm

I just can't beleive why the lad would do such a stupid thing when that f***in paper upset and lied about sooooo many people not just in Merseyside but around the country  :angry:
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:26 pm

The inquiry led by Lord Justice Taylor left no doubt where the blame lay. 'The real cause of the Hillsborough disaster', he said in his report, 'was overcrowding? the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control.'

There was no hooliganism. People were vomiting and behaving strangely because they had been crushed and traumatised. Ediie spearitt said "It's bad enough when you lose your fourteen-year-old son because you're treating him to a football match. Nothing can be worse than that. But since then I've had to defend him against all the rubbish printed by the Sun about everyone there being a hooligan and drinking."

S*n headline "animals stamped on hurt fans,shame of boozy yobs" NEVER FORGET .

all the media but particualary the sun condemened liverpool ,the city ,its people and its supporters to such an extent that events unconnected such as the killing of james bulger led to liverpool being blamed and held responsible as a whole.

i'm so angry i've e-mailed the f#cking rag with my thoughts.

:angry:
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion