The ***'s apology - Anyone read it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:46 pm

The South Yorkshire police were a disgrace that day!.And so they have been ever since. what with thier cover ups passing the buck,everyones in the wrong except them.But i suspect it goes much higher all the way to goverment.We will never get justice because the goverment say no ones to blame.They think if they say it often enough and loud enough people will beleive it...............NEVER!!!!
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:25 pm

The Skum's shocking excuse for an apology was nothing more than a veil for an attack on the Mirror and a sorry effort to sell a few more papers. If the paper was genuinely sorry for the filth they printed we would have had an apology 15 years ago or sometime in the interim. Had it not been for the local backlash to the Rooney deal there would NEVER EVER have been any attempt (genuine or feeble as this one) to apologise to the people of Liverpool.

THE SUN - ARROGANT, PATRONISING, NO VALUES, NO COMPASSION - SKUM
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 pm

I wonder if Kelvin MacKenzie can sleep at night.  Hope not - I hope he has nightmares about what he has done.  How anyone could possibly believe what he printed that day, I don't know - he certainly didn't.  No fan would do those things - it was pure mindless slanderous smear.  And nothing was ever done about it either.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:05 pm

The creators of the lie,which was then fed to the scum,were David Duckenfield and Sir Irvine Patnick.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:07 am

I vote we noose the fcukers
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:30 am

as i was only 13 at the time i was not keeping track of the aftermath regarding the s*n and it's comments but did the club or those families who lost members ever sue the paper cause if not they probably could and hopefully put a big enough dent in Murdochs ego and pocket cause what some of us also forget is the the s*n is owned by the guy who ownes sky.

Some how we need to send a message to those people right at the top Murdoch and his son that this club will never forgive them no matter what they say and do.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby frenchbutfan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:23 am

many thank's for your explanations...

In France we all knows the s#n for its attacks against our president during irak war, but i didn't know that that newspaper ( if we can call it like this) had told "conneries"  :p about LFC...

no apologies!
Sorry for my english....
frenchbutfan

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:58 pm

What I don't get is what Rooney was doing. Ok he is only 18 but so what, he grew up in Liverpool, it is hardly like a football mad kid growing up in Liverpool wouldn't know about Hillsborough.

I think he just saw the money and grabbed it and didn't give a ****** who it hurt.

Hillsborough would have hurt Everton FC just as much as LFC as friends/family/neighbours/workmates etc all connected.

We all know what the sun stands for. The question is "what does Rooney stand for"

Answers Please.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:06 pm

I hold no beef with Rooney: he's just a kid whose been badly advised.

My beef is with the Sun.

I can't believe you would classify what they have written as an apology! They try to pass the buck onto the Mirror.

Scum.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:19 pm

anyone got the exact wording of their apology?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:29 pm

i read it...........it was a joke.   Bascially it's a bit like Hitler going to Israel and saying "Sorry jews, but hey, it was a long while ago, lets be friends"

The sun always has, always will, be a comic written for, and by, ******! :angry:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:00 pm

greenred wrote:anyone got the exact wording of their apology?

IT is 15 years since The Sun committed the most terrible mistake in its history.

By making grave and untrue allegations about the behaviour of Liverpool fans during the Hillsborough disaster, we enraged the city.

But more importantly, we tarnished the memory of 96 soccer fans who had tragically lost their lives.

And our carelessness and thoughtlessness following that blackest of days made the grief of their families and friends even harder to bear.

We long ago apologised publicly to the victims' families, friends and to the city of Liverpool for our awful error. We gladly say sorry again today: fully, openly, honestly and without reservation.

If there was any way we could take back our erroneous words of 15 years ago, and by so doing ease the deep anguish we caused to so many people in mourning, we would do it.

But there isn't. We can only hope that time will be the great healer.
Sadly, for some people in the city of Liverpool, forgetting — never mind forgiving — is impossible.

If they want to hate The Sun, then that is their right. We are hardly in a position to blame them.

What we find impossible to take, though, is the way some of Liverpool is turning its anger on one of the greatest footballing talents the city has ever seen.

Wayne Rooney is one of Liverpool's finest sons. At 18, he is the nation's hero of Euro 2004 and has the potential to outscore England legends like Jimmy Greaves, Bobby Charlton and Alan Shearer.

On Merseyside, his name should be the toast of every pub, street and school. Instead, he is being vilified by some Liverpool and Everton fans.

We can understand the grief of those who lost loved ones at Hillsborough. We do not condemn the outspoken words of men like John Glover, whose son died in the tragedy, for his loss entitles him to hold any opinion he wishes.

But the words of other fans leave us in despair.

Wayne Rooney was just three years old at the time of Hillsborough. He and his fiancee Coleen are devastated by this unfair backlash. He should not be punished in 2004 for a mistake The Sun made in 1989. Don't visit our past sins on him.

One view on a Liverpool website is that by telling his life story in The Sun, Wayne has "signed his soul away to the devil."

Another is that he has "accepted 30 pieces of silver."

For goodness sake, give the lad a chance.

It's not as if Wayne's the first footballer from Merseyside to talk to The Sun.

We have enjoyed a good working relationship with many players and managers over the years. And nearly all Liverpool-born celebrities regularly talk to Britain's favourite daily newspaper.

What The Sun finds most depressing about what is going on in Liverpool is the way trouble is stirred up by the local papers, the Post and the Echo.

Who owns the Post and Echo?

None other than Trinity Mirror.

The same company that owns The Sun's rival, the Daily Mirror.

The misery being inflicted on Wayne Rooney is a crude effort by them to make commercial gain.

We hope that the people of modern Liverpool, a city of spirit and sophistication, are not taken in.

A brilliant young athlete, a credit to his club, his city and his country, is being pilloried by the very people who should be hailing him a hero.

And The Sun of 2004 no more deserves to be hated on Merseyside than Wayne Rooney does.

For a start, most of today's staff weren't on The Sun in 1989 and today's Editor was a 20-year-old student.

Many of the callers to BBC Radio Merseyside have acknowledged that fact. Fifteen years is a long time.

It is 11 years longer than the First World War, nine years longer than the Second World War.

We cannot believe these protests properly represent the opinions of the majority of men and women in Liverpool.

No one will ever forget the terrible Hillsborough tragedy, nor those who died and their loved ones.

But trashing a young man of whom everyone should be proud is not the way to honour their memory.

It is time to move on."
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:40 am

they can go and ****** off.

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby unhappyred » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:37 am

:( All this sun thing has brought back all the memories of what happened on that terrible awful day. My mum an dad went plus 2 of my uncles, just after 3 o clock on that awful day all i heard on the tv was liverpool fans at it again fighting i switched the tv off and thought oh no then the telephone rang was my uncle he said have you heard from your mum i said no why then he told me what had happened. I rang the help line hoping to not hear my parents or uncles names as the dead by this time it was 5 o clock my family walked in at 11 o clock that night an they were just devastated beyond belief my mum and uncle were wrenched out the pen they said all the police were saying and doing was pushing everyone back in and locking more gates, the sights they seen that day are to hard to discribe i can only imagine ,the men peeing was because they were dead my mum said everything was just coming away from the dead people were checking there pockets as to find out who they were not f##king stealing. I cant believe they made that appoligy its discusting from 3 till 11 oclock that day i thought my closest family had been wiped out as i suppose many other people did when they walked in we just cryed all night as they told of the awful scenes they had seen that day. Next mornin we went to anfield at 8 o clock with flowers sky news poked cameras in my mums face i nearly killed the reporter as my mum couldnt speak she was that devastated they had no sympathy. the scenes at that football ground that day i will never forget there were fans from all over the country grown every team. an that mass of flowers scarfs tributes will always stay in my mind grown men sobbing and they wernt even liverpool fans i will never forget it then 2 days later that b@stard sun wrote them horendous headlines and printed them pictures it was just sickening. I just wonder why the appoligy was not on the headlines? ???? ??? 15 years ago but better still why was that ****** ever printed? ?????? Thanx to the sun me myself and i suppose every other scouser has been branded a theif since that day and still to this i have also been called murdering scum aswell im a 32 year old woman i was 17 at the time and remember it like it was yesterday so sun stick your appoligy up your ****** we dont want to hear or know about any tripe you print i could go on forever but i will stop now think ive said enough  because im very very angry and hustler your comments f_ckin stink aswell:angry:   may the hillsborough 96 R.I.P. god bless yous  your memory will live on in our lives and souls.
unhappyred

Postby blind » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:39 pm

i think you said it all

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion