The reason we cannot score - Alnoso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:21 pm

3 games in a week and not 1 goal. I think that the main reason for this is Xabi Alonso's injury. Alonso created a lot of goals and goalscoring opportunities for us this season(probably more than anyone). This is because of his brilliant passing and vision. When he played he fed the wingers with some beautiful passes which gave them the space to create goals. With Alonso now out through injury we lack creativity and anyone who is calling for Rafa's head after a small period of poor form should look at the bad luck we've had through injuries(particulary Xabi's injury) and how hard it is to work around this...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CÁLÍ » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:24 pm

I thought it was because Baros is a greedy tw*t
CÁLÍ

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:29 pm

Baros was the best player in our last 3 games if you ask me. We cant afford to loose him. His work rate is 2nd only to gerrards. He isn't greedy, he just puts his head down when running with the ball but is starting to cut that out of his game. I think he and morientes will make a great partnership.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:36 pm

Yep, all through the game I was thinking that - we are missing Alonso.  Of course, all things are never equal, but we didn't seem to miss Stevie G as much as we seem to miss Alonso...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:36 pm

Alonso i feel is definetly the general of our midfield , its like watching the Jan Molby and John Barnes of old..........everything goes thru them , they controlled the midfield  and that is  how Alonso  is in our midfield........he is missed , sorely missed and it shows .
Im not saying SG is a less of a player ,  he is a different kind of player. In the short time Alonso has been here , i think he is probably the most important part of the midfield , in that he controls the passing with pin point accuracy and a sublime footballing mind that most players can only dream of .
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:38 pm

Raoul wrote:Yep, all through the game I was thinking that - we are missing Alonso.  Of course, all things are never equal, but we didn't seem to miss Stevie G as much as we seem to miss Alonso...

i agree and a possible reason for that is that more players took responsibility when gerrard was injured
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:57 pm

Yep your probably  spot on there Stapo . When SG was injured  others did take more  responsibility and i honestly feel we probably are missing Alonso more than we missed SG
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:13 pm

Frank f@ckin Lampard :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:21 pm

I hope somebody breaks Lampards legs, f#cking Chelsea c#nt.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:15 pm

With or without Alonso we should be able to stick one in against anyone at home and certainly at Burnley and Southampton. The teams selected where good enough to score against their opponents in each game. We should have done Southampton with what we put out there. We are just playing absolute rubbish right now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:23 pm

yer i agree..the moral is jus dwn an rafa needs to do something before it gets worse which i hope it will all be sorted out soon because it wrecks my weekend wen liverpool lose....i jus argues wiv all my m8s abou liverpool loosin all ov the time an i always stick up 4 liverpool :(
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:46 pm

I agree we're missin Xabi more than we missed SG, but only because together they played a vastly difrent game. SG plays that much further up when Alonso's there, thus givin us two important outlets for that crucial killer pass both can play. When SG was out it didn change Xabi's game, he jus played where he normally does, thus makin us look more effective than we are now.
It also adds more responsibility to Riise and the rest of the midfield, whereas with Stevie playin up a bit they get that much more freedom.
Strange how everyone says one player dont make a team, yet one player missin can really affect that same team.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dosserboy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:49 pm

We are missing Alonso thats for sure so is Stevie G, Hamman has been great over the years but He's not what we want at the minute.
dosserboy

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Does anyone know the latest on his injury. Is there any sign that he will get back earlier than expected ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:08 pm

No doubt we miss Alonso's vision and creativity. He was superb in the start of the season. He made the other players look good with his passing. Alonso is a major loss. Now we have almost no creative players in the team, and we produce little chances.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion