The race for FOURTH

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm wrote:
mkingdom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm wrote:Can we close this thread until next August now?

if suarez f##k`s off in the summer you can close this thread for good.
rodgers is a decent young coach but looking at the players he`s brought in/been linked with (borini, signurdsson, dempsey, kalou etc) i dont have any faith that he can replace luis, not straight away anyway.
he`ll probably try and replace him with scott sinclair or someone at first.

Your argument is very selective.

Sturridge and Countinho are signings to be happy about, yet you conveniently forget to mention them.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm wrote:
mkingdom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm wrote:Can we close this thread until next August now?

if suarez f##k`s off in the summer you can close this thread for good.
rodgers is a decent young coach but looking at the players he`s brought in/been linked with (borini, signurdsson, dempsey, kalou etc) i dont have any faith that he can replace luis, not straight away anyway.
he`ll probably try and replace him with scott sinclair or someone at first.

Your argument is very selective.

Sturridge and Countinho are signings to be happy about, yet you conveniently forget to mention them.

How do you know Coutinho is a good signing when he's hardly kicked a ball yet. Were you also excited byt the signing of wonder striker Borini who apprently has no left foot.
heimdall

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:06 pm

My comment was, if you re-read, Sturridge and Coutinho are signing to be happy about.

I class them as good signings based on what I have seen of them. Of course, like every player who signs for any club, they could fail - I don't think either will.

FWIW I have never been excited by Borini.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:23 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm wrote:My comment was, if you re-read, Sturridge and Coutinho are signing to be happy about.

I class them as good signings based on what I have seen of them. Of course, like every player who signs for any club, they could fail - I don't think either will.

and are you excited about Sterling, if so why?
heimdall

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Were you also excited byt the signing of wonder striker Borini who apprently has no left foot.

Borini's volley with his left foot yesterday was darn good.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

coutinhio is definately a gamble worth taking because he has so much potential but i must admit i was shocked when i saw the size of him, he even makes assaidi look like mariusz pudzianowski.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 pm

If we beat Swansea and Wigan and they lose to West Ham and Arsenal and then we beat them on 10th March the gap will be 3 points. Even if they draw those first two games and we beat them the gap will be 5 points so it's not over quite yet.
friendlyguy33

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

heimdall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm wrote:My comment was, if you re-read, Sturridge and Coutinho are signing to be happy about.

and are you excited about Sterling, if so why?

Who mentioned sterling?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I was totally pi'ssed off with the performance and the result last night because it was so needless. Dont forget that we dominated but once again our impotence in front of goal and our fragility at the back cost us dearly.
This was avoidable and the players need to each accept their fault for this disgraceful result
Dont be too hasty to write us off yet though...
Thommo's perm

Postby friendlyguy33 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm wrote:I was totally pi'ssed off with the performance and the result last night because it was so needless. Dont forget that we dominated but once again our impotence in front of goal and our fragility at the back cost us dearly.
This was avoidable and the players need to each accept their fault for this disgraceful result
Dont be too hasty to write us off yet though...

It was horribly familiar to a number of performances from last season. Passing it around in front of the opposition with no penetration.
friendlyguy33

Postby JC_81 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Thommo 4th is gone now mate.  No chance.

It's not like the team in 4th are in freefall, Spurs are in great form and Bale is the form player in the league right now.  They probably won't drop 12 points and we certainly won't win all 12 from the evidence so far this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 pm

If I was Brendan Rodgers, I'd resign from Liverpool now, before that useless bunch of ***** did my career any more harm! They were tragic last night again, and once again somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Being a Liverpool fan is far from easy sometimes!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 pm

john craig » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm wrote:Thommo 4th is gone now mate.  No chance.

It's not like the team in 4th are in freefall, Spurs are in great form and Bale is the form player in the league right now.  They probably won't drop 12 points and we certainly won't win all 12 from the evidence so far this season.

Whether 4th has gone or it hasnt doesnt matter. We have to play better and get more points to lift us up the table and if we make 4th, great, if not, too bad
We mustnt give up just because the media says weve got no chance
Thommo's perm

Postby dundreamin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

IS OVER. IT,S OVER get my drift
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 pm

dundreamin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm wrote:IS OVER. IT,S OVER get my drift

You comfort yourself with that thought if you want
I have seen many "certainties" in football through the years, so I will not say its over until its impossible
:;):
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion