The plot thickens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 am

yeh given the lack of fee, probable lower wages and his scoring record it does look like Mista. I still say though don't be surprised if rafa signs somebody who hasn't been mentioned. I've said it before, who in all honesty had heard of Garcia, least of all expected to sign him? Having said that some of you SKY potatoes probably watched him a bit in La liga. Everybody else though knows what I mean. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:04 pm

True mick about Rafa signing an unknown but that is fine also, as so far his signings have been excellent!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:41 pm

azriahmad wrote:JBG, I was watching the delayed Real Madrid-Valencia match and when Morrientes came on for the last 10 minutes or so, the commentator was saying that he got 10 goals for Monaco last season but I can't quite catch if these goals included the CL goals or not or they were his total for the entire French domestic league.

This is my point exactly - he is more of a provider forward rather than a goalscoring striker. Our forum members here tend to get a bit excited when a name is mentioned as a possible transfer target and think that those linked to the club will be a solution to the problems, in the case of Morrientes, if he ever comes to Liverpool, don't expect him to bang in goals like van Horseface because he is not that type of player. He will more like support the main goal scorer - Baros or Cisse - ant it is still up to either of these two to bang in by the bucket loads. A worrying prospect as they are prone to even miss sitters!

yeah i think morientes only got 10 in the league for monaco last year, but he was used in more supportive role than he was used to at real madrid and spain
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:47 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
azriahmad wrote:JBG, I was watching the delayed Real Madrid-Valencia match and when Morrientes came on for the last 10 minutes or so, the commentator was saying that he got 10 goals for Monaco last season but I can't quite catch if these goals included the CL goals or not or they were his total for the entire French domestic league.

This is my point exactly - he is more of a provider forward rather than a goalscoring striker. Our forum members here tend to get a bit excited when a name is mentioned as a possible transfer target and think that those linked to the club will be a solution to the problems, in the case of Morrientes, if he ever comes to Liverpool, don't expect him to bang in goals like van Horseface because he is not that type of player. He will more like support the main goal scorer - Baros or Cisse - ant it is still up to either of these two to bang in by the bucket loads. A worrying prospect as they are prone to even miss sitters!

yeah i think morientes only got 10 in the league for monaco last year, but he was used in more supportive role than he was used to at real madrid and spain

He dosen't sound too good to me, not worth £8m or so.
Mista looks a better bet from StMicks vid's.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion