The players we sign ? - And life after liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MSj. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:20 pm

Why is it Liverpool players that we have signed seem to play better for other clubs either before or after we sign them .

Maybe it is just me getting paranoid  :Oo:

Players that Spring to mind are :

Heskey
Diouff
James
Kirkland

What do you guys think and can you think of any others to add ?
MSj.

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Cheyrou
82-1074641017

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Biscan
Cheryou
Garcia (he was excellent at Barca last season and he scored 16 goals playign as a winger under Rafa before)
I cant think of ne others cos im not really trying but i think in most of the cases (garcia the exception, i mean its even the same coach!) Houllier just couldnt get the best out of people.  He could spot talent and potential a mile away but couldnt do anything with it.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby MSj. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:27 pm

I would just like to point out I am not slagging these players off just trying to highlight that they have qualitys that dont often get shown in a Liverpool shirt
MSj.

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:34 pm

no ones accusing you of slagging them off, its perfectly true that they played better at their old clubs.  You're being a lot more reasoned in your dissatisfaction then about 80-90% of this forum, it makes a change to not have people yelling at each other.  At least yet.
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:34 pm

Woops double post

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum  :)  :cool:
Last edited by Starbridge42 on Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:05 pm

kewell
coolsobs

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:06 pm

??? James ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MSj. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:13 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: ??? James ???

Yeah I always liked james but he did make a lot of errors that he does not seem to make at man city now ( he just leaves the mistake for England hmmm maybe its just teams I support lol)

And thanks for the welcome starbridge  :cool:
MSj.

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:42 pm

Well, some perspectives...we could look at some of the positives as well... hyypia, riise, alonso, baros...  :;):

Rafa could try his hands on transforming some of the gh legacy - traore, biscan... he's already given up on diao tho...rejoice!! :D
lfclfclfc

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:00 pm

Houllier made an excellent scout , just bad at  management and getting the best out of the players.
Raffa gets the best anyone can out of  players, tho Garcia seems to be an enigma to me .
He has played superbly at times  and  at others  amazingly bad ..... confidence comes into it, getting to know his other team mates etc.
Kewell is improving as has Biscan , Traore  , Baros and Carragher and Finnan...........that kinda leaves Dio .....but then again !!  lol

Good post by the way
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:28 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: ??? James ???

He made an amazing save going top corner to touch it over the bar yesterday playing against west brom.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:31 am

Wow one good save..........
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:48 am

A.B. wrote:Wow one good save..........

hey i just said something, why jump down my throat for watching them get beat by west brom.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:42 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Biscan
Cheryou
Garcia (he was excellent at Barca last season and he scored 16 goals playign as a winger under Rafa before)
I cant think of ne others cos im not really trying but i think in most of the cases (garcia the exception, i mean its even the same coach!) Houllier just couldnt get the best out of people.  He could spot talent and potential a mile away but couldnt do anything with it.

Garcia was at Tenerife is the Spanish 2nd league, not la liga.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion