No votes
KLUIVERT
9%

Total votes : 11

Postby houllieroutplz » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:53 pm

[B][I] :D WHO WOULD U SEE AS THE IDEAL PARTNER FOR OWEN
houllieroutplz

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:11 pm

The perfect partner isn't there.  The perfect partner for Owen would be Bergkamp.  The way I see it Owen's current problem has nothing to do with Houllier, other than that he never signed the right player for the job, but that Owen is spending too much time having to hold the ball up.  With the ball at his feet running at goal Owen is as dangerous as anyone out there so what he needs is his fellow striker to be able to hold the ball up and make (and this is what Bergkamp does best) a quick short turn and lay it off.  Sounds simple but other than Gerrard there isn't really anyone in the current Liverpool squad who can do it properly.  Heskey can't, Baros can't, pongalle, le tallec, cheryou, can't do it.  Kewell can do it but not all the time and anyway he's better off wide on the left.  Plus he's out of contract with Arsenal next season.  But of the people up there, I'd say Viduka can do that best and is still a very potent striker by himself.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:21 pm

id go for kluivert simply because he has a buy out clause of 1.5 million which as an excellent price for a player of his ability. Hes played at the very highest level and wants to play in england.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:28 pm

Kluivert would be cheap to buy and he is a class act there's no denying but he'd be asking more money in wages then I'd be prepared to give a player like him.
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:15 pm

I think that its a sad initement on our squad when the perfect partner for Owen is not already an LFC player.

Baros? I think they work well together.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:34 pm

I personally don't think any team in the world national or club, have the perfect pairing up front so I wouldn't get upset that Liverpool doesn't.  If it did it would be the only one in the world.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:40 pm

Heskey.

When he's at his best anyways.

Saha would have been ideal, Drogba would compliment Owen well and Cisse will compliment Owen well. We need a penalty box striker, who can play as a target man and has pace.

The three i listed above have all that, Drogba isn't the quickest off the mark though.
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:44 pm

Do you think we would be sitting here debating the virtues of Drogba had he not played for Marseille this season?

I doubt it. The guy is not that good or he would not be there in the first place.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:01 pm

Saviola is too similar to Owen, more of a replacement not an ideal partner to Owen.
Hasselbank might be what Houllier wanted from Heskey and never got, strong and powerful striker, could be a very good match.
Morientas is who I voted for, he seems to be a well balanced player and could fit in well into our team.
The rest on the poll don't really do it for me but I hope Cisse can prove me wrong and merit a place in our team.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:14 pm

Meh, I still think Begkamp would be ideal
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:14 pm

If Cissé doesn't we've got a problem, that's all I can say.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:26 pm

Leonmac i've found myself agreeing with alot of what you said recently mate but you're talking sh##e here.

Drogba is the top scorer in france in all comps this sesaon. He shown class and power against us, he even give as good as he got physically from Hyypia, technically he's good with a good touch and his pace when flat out is very good also. He proved he can hold the ball up and isn't sloppy in possession, he's also very good in the air winning numours headers against us and causing our team problems from set peices.. He's a vrey good player, not world class but better than anything we have except Owen.

He would act as a good partner for Owen.
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:45 pm

I haven't seen much of Drogba apart from the 2 uefa games but from what I have seen I think on paper he'd partner Owen very well. I looked at Drogba in those 2 games and he represented to me what Heskey really should be.

But anyway I don't think he'd want to play here and secondly he's a c#nt so I wouldn't want to see him at Anfield.

From what little I've seen of Cisse I think he will work well alongside Owen but for £14m he's got a hell of a lot to prove. Hope he answers his critics, cos a good strike partner is one more reason for Owen to stay.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:52 pm

Imbrahimovic or James Beattie  :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:01 pm

If none of my selections become viable  then , Likewise i would have to concur  with Leonmc give Baros his chance to develop alongside Owen he could gell well with a sufficient amount of time
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion