Image - Only joking  :D

Chelsea FC

League Position   -   2nd

Current Away Form   -   D W W W D L

Top Scorers   -     D Drogba 33 app, 21 goals
                            F Lampard 34 app, 13 goals
                           A Shevchenko 29 app, 6 goals

Recent Encounters Between the Teams:
17 Sep 2006 - Premiership - (A)  L0-1 (Drogba)
13 Aug 2006 - Community Shield - (N) W2-1 (Riise, Crouch) (Shevchenko)
22 April 2006 - F.A Cup Semi - (N)  W2-1 (Riise, Garcia) (Drogba)
05 Febuary 2006 - Premiership -  (A)  L0-2 (Gallas, Crespo)
06 December 2005 - Champions League -(A) D0-0

Last 5 games: 2 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw

Interesting Facts:
M.Essien has played every single minute of Premiership football for Chelsea.
F.Lampard has started every single game for Chelsea in the Premier League.
Mourinho has said Cech and Terry will be fit for the visit to Anfield.

And now thanks to the chaps at www.cfc-net.co.uk and www.csrforums2.co.uk:

First and Foremost, who's going to win the league this year? Are you worried you might not get the 3rd one in a row? 

BLUEBEARD: Depends on a lot of things, like injuries.
Am I bovvered??? Naah, I'm just happy that I got to see us win the league - nobody should expect to win the title year-in year-out.

LOZ:  If JT and Cech get back soon (I still have my doubts they are going to) and Robben not only stays fit but also finds form then I think we can still pinch it. If these things don't happen then I am sorry to say I can see Utd wrestling the title back.

Worried? Definitely!

GEMMA:  Not worried that we won't win it, but worried that we don't appear to be doing our best to win it. We've let in silly goals this season and it usually takes us going behind or someone pegging us back to kick into gear.

Whats happened to Shevchenko? 

BLUEBEARD: No service, played out of position and in a formation that doesn't suit him, first season in a new country, carrying an injury since the World Cup - take your pick.....

LOZ: Personally, and I know many on here won't agree, I just think we don't play a game suited to a player like Shevchenko - just as we didn't play a game suited to a player like Crespo. We play a game suited to a big strong centre forward who can win balls in the air and hold players off, we don't play a game where a centre forward plays off the shoulder of the centre half and makes intelligent runs into spaces.
However I won't go as far as pinning all the blame for his form on this. I do think his head has dropped after his indifferent start to the season and he needs to show a bit more fight than he is so far. Crespo struggled just as much as Sheva to play this style of football but I feel Crespo worked harder to try and do something about it.

GEMMA: I think once your confidence takes a dive its hard to bring it back up. You can't argue his quality... but his lack of service and injury situation hardly helps.

Who do you think is your most important player(s) so far this year? 

BLUEBEARD: Petr Cech and John Terry - look what's happened to us since they got injured
Michael Essien - total commitment
Didier Drogba - scoring goals for fun now that's he's stopped being a drama queen (most of the time)

LOZ: Essien and Drogba by a country mile. Essien has given Ballack a lesson in effort and shown Frank how to really drive a team forward when the chips are down. Drogba has, finally, been a revelation and more than a handful for any defence.

GEMMA: Surprised he hasn't got a mention - Lampard. He scores, he tackles, he runs, he passes, he tracks back, he pressures, he. doesn't. stop. I'd also add Drogba, Cech & Terry to that list.

One player signs for Chelsea in January - who would you like it to be? 

BLUEBEARD: Klose of Werder Bremen - we're desperately short of strikers. We're also desperately short of central defenders, but slightly better off there.

LOZ: It needs to be a centre half and my choice is either Woodgate or Sol Campbell. Granted Campbell would be a short term solution however we need someone who can step straight into the team without an adjustment period - and we need someone who can lead the team in JT's absence. Lamps is not a captain.

GEMMA: I'm torn between a striker and a defender... but I believe we have a striker we could give a chance to in the youth/reserves so I'll go for a CB... I don't care, aslong as he needs no time adapting 

Whats the away support like? 

BLUEBEARD: It's been years since I followed Chelsea away, and I can't imagine it's anything like it was back then. I should imagine the atmosphere at away games is always better than at home, always was, so there should be lots of singing, standing, swearing, etc

LOZ: Beena good few years since I was a regulr match goer due to geography however from the travelling faithful you can always expect noise - it is the home games where we are not so noisy.

GEMMA: Ahh.. Only been to a few away games... but I know we ARE a noisy lot, its just hit and miss sometimes. I wouldn't say we're consistantly loud, but when we are, we're up the top with some of the so called 'best support'

If you could have one Liverpool player till the end of the season, who and why? 

BLUEBEARD: Steve Gerrard - so I could put him in the reserves

LOZ: I would say Reina, not because I rate him all that highly but he is clearly better than Hilario and the current injuries to Cech and Carlo have left us short of quality in the goalkeeping department.

GEMMA: Probably Riise. Stop him scoring against us.

Your views on our current situation and the Players? 

BLUEBEARD: I hate Benitez, can't stand his attitude - I have to turn the TV off or change channels when he's interviewed 
I've got little or no respect for most of your players, as they don't appear to have any for us. Still, best not to generalise: -

Dudek - clown
Reina - over-rated because of comparisons with Dudek (why did you lot loan out the likes of Carson & Kirkland, yet keep hold of Dudek? ???
Finnan - average at best
Hyppia - was an excellent player, liked him a lot, but he's past it now
Carragher - nowhere near as good as you lot seem to think he is, and he's a gobby tw*t too
Agger - average
Riise - I rate him, he always seems to do well against us, the b*stard 
Aurelio - average
Alonso - we've all got divers in our teams, and he's one of yours
Gerrard - so over-rated it's scary
Gonzalez - quick, but that's about it - your equivalent of Gronkjaer?
Pennant - a poor-mans Aaron Lennon, and trouble waiting to happen
Bellamy - a total piece of scum, trouble already happening
Crouch - circus freak, making the most of the fact that England are desperately short of decent strikers
Kuyt - hard worker, quite like him - that'll soon change when he becomes a professional scouser though 
Fowler - he was one of the best strikers around a few years back, but has never been the same since incurring injuries. Living off his past reputation now
Garcia - hate this bloke with a vengeance - just looking at him makes me want to kick the TV

LOZ: Too much rotation, especially of your strikers. Too many average strikers and definitely a lack of quality on the flank. Jose has been accused of making some average signings over his time (and I do agree with this) however he is not a patch on Rafa who has signed a string of players who are simply not good enough and were never going to improve Liverpool.

GEMMA: Not a fan of Tubby - if Jose is blind to the issues then lord knows what he is. Its a joke. I can't stand Carjacker, his voice is the most horrid I've ever heard. Quality wise... I believe Alonso is top notch and Kuyt is a hard worker.

Who's better, Gerrard or Frank? 

BLUEBEARD: You're having a f*ckin' laugh ain't ya???  - (NO some of you actually think Frank is better!!)

LOZ: Please!! TO be fair this is a pointless exercise - a Chelsea board is always going to say Frank and a Liverpool one will always say Gerrard. I'll let God decide.

*Ring ring*

'Hello'

'Uh huh. I see... that's what I thought.

God picked Frank - he couldn't stay to chat, he has to go to a boat lauch in Mexico this afternoon.

GEMMA: Frank of course, but your lot would differ

Did you happen to hear about the "Truth Day" campaign against Arsenal in the F.A Cup? If you did, your views on Anfield that night and the whole protest as a whole. 

BLUEBEARD: Heard about it, and saw it on TV. Don't know enough about it to comment though

LOZ:  Yes - I had heard it was going to happen but hadn't really heard the details of what was planned. It was well organised and effective and I doff my cap to your mob for it - it was entirely justified.

GEMMA: Only saw it on the tele. Dunno what it was about, but looked like it was organised well

Finally can you please predict the score for the newkit forum?

BLUEBEARD:  Could be anything! I'll go for 2-2.

LOZ:  2-1 to our boys - Drogba to give Hyppia a lesson in strength.

GEMMA: Either a single goal in it or a draw. Of course, we can't win 4-1 every season

----------------------------------------------------

Rafa-Dodd

*I know I should not comment here -BUT

WHAT A BUNCH OF CHEEKY BASTARDS!!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 pm

Posted this up now - bit early but I won't be on here much till midweek.

Have a nice weekend.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Interesting  post that Rafa, you should do it before every game. Give us an insight into how the less fortunate fans of the EPL think.
account deleted by request

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Got their head up their a.rses that lot  :Oo:  :kungfu:
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:14 pm

Well done rafa another good article. You have to expect some of the comments its fair enough i suppose. I do suspect though alot of the abuse aimed at our players was tonge in cheek.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:09 pm

:D Well i didnt really expect them to be as polite as the mighty Watford fans were.

Funny how they dont like Riise or Garcia because they score against them

And just incase any of the fans who took part take a sneaky look at this thread.......

Gerrard so over rated its scary ? Tell maureen that when  his sugar daddy  gives him some more pocket money and tries to buy him for the THIRD time !!

LOZ: Please!! TO be fair this is a pointless exercise - a Chelsea board is always going to say Frank and a Liverpool one will always say Gerrard. I'll let God decide.

*Ring ring*

'Hello'

God picked Frank - he couldn't stay to chat, he has to go to a boat lauch in Mexico this afternoon.

I think you will find that Robbie would pick Stevie over fat Frank everyday, you must of got the wrong number ( all the jellied eels juce made your fingers slip ) :p
destro

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:34 am

destro wrote:LOZ: Please!! TO be fair this is a pointless exercise - a Chelsea board is always going to say Frank and a Liverpool one will always say Gerrard. I'll let God decide.

*Ring ring*

'Hello'

I think you will find that Robbie would pick Stevie over fat Frank everyday, you must of got the wrong number ( all the jellied eels juce made your fingers slip ) :p

PMSL DESTRO!  :D  :laugh:

really good post rafa dodd!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:10 am

The bit i found the funniest was this:

"GEMMA: Ahh.. Only been to a few away games... but I know we ARE a noisy lot, its just hit and miss sometimes. I wouldn't say we're consistantly loud, but when we are, we're up the top with some of the so called 'best support'"

:Oo:  :laugh: more noise on the moon...
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:17 am

Chelsea are basically Michael Carroll, the lotto lout.

They are "new money", they have more money than they can use responsibly, and it's only a matter of time before they are back in the gutter, where they belong.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:43 am

This in my opinion couldn't be a better time to play them. They're clearly missing leadership at the back and they aren't fantastic at the moment. They are playing way too narrow this season and in my opinion it's why they're behind Manure. No longer can they destroy teams with the width from Robben and Duff like they used to.

However, knowing Chelsea and their luck they will beat us either by a lucky deflection or a bad decision by the referee. It's very unlikely imo that they will lose after a 4-0 win as they will be looking to build some ground on their recent Christmas disappointments.

They will play scrappy for much of the game but the chances they get they will put away with Drogba in the form he is in. Slate him all you want, but he's single handedly keeping Chelsea in the race.

We will be looking to redeem ourselves after failing to beat Arsenal three times this season, and losing to Chelsea and Man Utd. However we seem to have this mental block when we play big teams in the league. I don't know what it is but instead of playing to our strengths we fall to pieces in crucial moments.

Chelsea smashed us last season and much of it was down to Drogba.

Most likely we will play a good game, create chances, but fail to take them and Chelsea will catch us off guard once and put the game to bed.

Call it negative if you will but based on previous results against the big boys in the league, I can't see us winning this game.

They're probably have Terry back for this game somehow, you just know that he will be fit at the last minute to play.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:44 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Chelsea are basically Michael Carroll, the lotto lout.

They are "new money", they have more money than they can use responsibly, and it's only a matter of time before they are back in the gutter, where they belong.

Brilliant
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:24 am

some clueless Chelsea kn.obhead wrote:Jose has been accused of making some average signings over his time (and I do agree with this) however he is not a patch on Rafa who has signed a string of players who are simply not good enough and were never going to improve Liverpool.

This lot actually thinks it's down to the respective managers' savvy in the transfer market that they've signed the likes of Shevchenko and we've signed the likes of Pennant?  What fecking planet do they live on?  It's a money issue retards, plain and simple.  Unbelievable! :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:28 am

Fact is Mourinho without the oligarch's money is nothing spectacular.

He's a talented manager no doubt, but there is no justification for his label for himself of "The Special One".
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:29 am

nice post RaffDodd try to get a few more of these up of the likes of manure and the bitters!!!

how much would they like stevie g  some of the comments a funny as fook fackin rent boys (and fackin split :censored: )

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:14 pm

I can really see us winning this one next weekend. Hopefully John Terry isnt Back because there defense have looked lost at times when he isnt there. I think and hope it will be a good game with Liverpool comng out on top. 4-0 will be nice but ill settle with a 1-0 Steven Gerrard

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion