The nightmare game - What you remember the most.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 am

Now I was going to start a "What is your favourite game" LFC have been involved in but then I started to think of the stinkers LFC have been involved in and thought this would be better.

Euros are almost over and boredom is kicking in so im trying to rekindle horrible memories here !

One of the worst ones for me was when Liverpool lost to Grimsby in a cup match. Being a Liverpool supporter all my life, and living in Grimsby. Normally the "banter" (wee wee taking) ends after a couple of days but nope. This went on for months. Everyday while I was working there were constant micky taking, photos, news articles (especially from the rag to rub it in even more the b*stards) all taped to the wall to remind me !

What is your nightmare game of the mighty reds that still haunts you to this day?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:57 am

Liverpool  0 Arsenal 2 1989 where the gooners needed to win by 2 goals to clinch the league, if they didnt we'd of won the b.loody thing. :(
66-1112520797

Postby Reg » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:25 am

The Wimbledon FA Cup Final, Steve McMahon bottling it.  Stunned.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:57 am

Too may to mention on TV!

In terms of going to Anfield i've been lucky enough out of about 18 games! i have never seen Liverpool beaten on home turf.Mostly when we go we seem to win 1-0 or the occasional draw,always pans out that way!Was :censored: though me and my mate had tickets for the LFC UTD game a while back,all we had to do was pick them up!
Turned out we got over and the guy had sold em on to someone for more than face value!Ended up watching the game in the Park bar.

As for worst game ever there have been lots.But i was unlucky enough to have a guy that was marrying my sister that supported Southampton back in Jan 05!
His stag do was to St Marys and the opponent was LFC!
We left at 10am fri morning and all the way there i told him we was gonna murder them.the craic was flying.he was sure as i was that LFC would do them as i was but was just happy he was gonna see his beloved team.fair enough!

It didnt turn out well,out of the group me and Terry were LFC supporters.tickets were there for us all in the Southampton supporters but we wanted to be in with the reds!
Never happened,could'nt get tickets as we refused to pay more than face value!
So we were stuck in with the saints supporters and my well pi'shed soon to be bro in law!
What a terrible afternoon.
David Prutton and Crouch were a two man team and ripped us to shreads,Fu*king awful it was!

To think back though if i remember right we had Morientes and Baros upfront! :laugh:
And Pelligrino was still involved too!
We sure have moved on a bit from what we were when i remember back to that day!It was i think the same week we got put out of the FA cup by Burnley!
Deffo my lowest ebb as an LFC fan cause i was unlucky enough to be there.Its bad enough on TV!
Anyway,it was bad but never spoilt the weekend,we got pis'hed till monday and came home!
I would'nt rush back to Southampton though,its shi'te! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:07 am

not exactly relevant but i was watching a game on lfctv (i get it on satellite)  and i saw kronkamp, that guy had completely gone out of my memory
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:42 am

Most of my nightmare games have involved the mancs. I have only ever seen Liverpool beat the mancs once, my first ever game at Anfield. I have seen us play them many times both home and away, from the 4-1 defeat at home to them, through to the 2-1 FA CUP defeat a Wembley.. I also got a good kicking at Old Trafford before we lost to them when that rat faced kunt Micky Thomas scored for them 1-0.

Other than the mancs, I think the Arsenal game when we lost the league(I didn't go but watched it on TV) was the biggest nightmare. We had come from nowhere with a fantastic run to be top of the league, beaten West Ham by about 5 goals to make the last game against Arsenal a formality (or so I thought), but we looked 2 yards slower than Arsenal that night, as fatigue after winning the FA cup against Everton, on top of a long hard season finally caught up with us.

I still remember McMahon running round waving 1 finger in the air saying one more minute, Barnes had the ball, and no one could take the ball off Barnes. The next thing the balls with their goalkeeper, a big boot down field and suddenly the balls in the back of the net. I don't think you ever really get over a loss like that, I still hate to see THAT goal.
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:44 am

cant remeber the date but that damn chavski game in FA cup when we was 3-1 up before half time then that little :censored: zola score a hat trick to knock us out i was soooooo :censored: off for months since i love the FA cup so much and even more at time.  :angry:

can i have 2 ?

Ok well another which was on par is man u FA cup final with the cuntanar ghost goal that went past every liverpool player and none of them even tryed to head it away.  :angry:  :angry:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:16 am

s@int wrote:Most of my nightmare games have involved the mancs. I have only ever seen Liverpool beat the mancs once, my first ever game at Anfield. I have seen us play them many times both home and away, from the 4-1 defeat at home to them, through to the 2-1 FA CUP defeat a Wembley.. I also got a good kicking at Old Trafford before we lost to them when that rat faced kunt Micky Thomas scored for them 1-0.

Other than the mancs, I think the Arsenal game when we lost the league(I didn't go but watched it on TV) was the biggest nightmare. We had come from nowhere with a fantastic run to be top of the league, beaten West Ham by about 5 goals to make the last game against Arsenal a formality (or so I thought), but we looked 2 yards slower than Arsenal that night, as fatigue after winning the FA cup against Everton, on top of a long hard season finally caught up with us.

I still remember McMahon running round waving 1 finger in the air saying one more minute, Barnes had the ball, and no one could take the ball off Barnes. The next thing the balls with their goalkeeper, a big boot down field and suddenly the balls in the back of the net. I don't think you ever really get over a loss like that, I still hate to see THAT goal.

Yup my worst games also mainly involve the mancs
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 am

Obviously like most will say the league decider with Arsenal in 89 was one of them, i was about 10 and cried after that match.
The cup final defeats to wimbledon and united in 96 were so bad as well.

One game that really stands out for me is Bristol City at home in the FA cup, towards the end of Souness's reign, i went to that match and expected to see a few goals and a comfortble win, and went home embarrased and totally worried about what was happening to the club i love.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:27 am

when we got pasted by man utd, the game where hyypia got sent off after about 5 minutes. 2003 i think it was. worst thing was i was watching it in a bar in marbella with my mate who's a united fanatic. horrible
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 am

peewee wrote:not exactly relevant but i was watching a game on lfctv (i get it on satellite)  and i saw kronkamp, that guy had completely gone out of my memory

probably best forgot about that lad!! :laugh:  :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 am

LegBarnes wrote:cant remeber the date but that damn chavski game in FA cup when we was 3-1 up before half time then that little :censored: zola score a hat trick to knock us out i was soooooo :censored: off for months since i love the FA cup so much and even more at time.  :angry:

can i have 2 ?

Ok well another which was on par is man u FA cup final with the cuntanar ghost goal that went past every liverpool player and none of them even tryed to head it away.  :angry:  :angry:

I think it was 2-0 at half time, Mark Hughes played a blinder in the second half and we got beat 4-2. It gutted me big time.
Other than that, I remember crying my eyes out when Wimbledon beat us in the FA cup final in '88.
Two other games stand out as an absolute nightmare, and they're the only two games when I've stopped watching. Strasbourg away (3-0) and the League Cup game last year against Arsenal. It got to a point where I just couldn't bare to watch.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:57 am

cant remember as i was drunk but against manure, we were 1-0 up i think with like 5 mins to go, and we still lost... and i knew i was gonna happen. never been more gutted... must have been 10-15 years ago
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:08 am

dawson99 wrote:cant remember as i was drunk but against manure, we were 1-0 up i think with like 5 mins to go, and we still lost... and i knew i was gonna happen. never been more gutted... must have been 10-15 years ago

Do you mean the FA cup game when Owen scored away at Old Trafford and they got 2 in the last few minutes ?
I remember that, Solskjaer put in a shocker of a tackle on Hyypia, he had to go off and have stitches in his foot and while he was off they equalised  :angry:

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:11 am

possibly.. yeah could well be that one...feck, thanks for the regurgitation of memories!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion