THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL VS THE BLUESHITE - ALL DISCUSSION HERE...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Feeney » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Was I the only one who noticed Gerrard disappear from the game once the sh!te started siging songs about his personal life?

He was walking across the pitch and didn't seem bothered. Might of just been pi$$ed off with the way the game was going, but I thought he had a shocker.???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Maybe you want to get yourself a harddisk recorder, or a VCR so you can watch all the games over and over again and tell me if my observation is wrong. No offence, Kuyt is hardworking, but if you can't score often he's no good to us.

We should be able to learn from other,s it fact we must so we don't have to reinvent the wheels all the time. Find out what works and adapt them (not just adopt), what doesn't and make sure we don't follow. This is how we can improve quickly.

To say Kuyt is no good to us is laffable but for the fact its not nice to laff at spazmo`s.
Before today we had won our last five, was our play not good enough then, after all you should know with this newfangled "VCR" your so lucky to have.
Maybe you should get out more rather than debating with your self whether whoever has put spin on the ball thats to your liking.
Rafa dosent need to watch the scum to learn how to play you nob, he`s won leagues, top european titles and the FA cup, or did you not know how to use your "VCR" then.

Typical git who comes out of the woodwork after a bad result,
when teams come to defend some times there going to get away with it but fact is a lot less often than previous years.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Watched the game on tv and I have to say that well done everton for defending well! I thought they didnt give too much space for us to score, kept it tight and relied on their counter attacks.

Our midfield was cr@p! I have never seen Gerrard and Alonso pass like how they did today! it was horrible and I got really p!ssed off with the way they passed the ball. Plus pennant was really bad until the last 20 minutes of the game, when all the players started passing to him, he showed some good crosses. What happened to Crouch? he had so many chances that he should have buried, but he was a fool and didn't take those chances, he showed no composure.I was p!ssed off with him to be honest, he had one shot in the second half that he should have buried, but no he had to miskick it! Bellamy wasn't him, but he worked well with kuyt.

I think the strikers got their service, but they didn't use it properly.

Carragher and Agger were solid and so was Reina who I thought commanded really well the backfour and did an excellent save when AJ, took use of our mistake..

As for Everton, thumbs up to Lescott, Yobo, Hibbert, Arteta, Stubbs and Neville!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:54 pm

As Shanks said....."what can you do when you play against 11 goalposts"

The :censored: are drawing with Boro with 10 mins to go.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Another Shankly quote "The best side drew" :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby teamleader1 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:00 pm

I was at the game, and Im baffled how Pennants getting stick by some on here!
thought he played well, and was my man of the match alongside Carra,
Rafa was right calling them a small team, because thats the mentality they showed, 11 men behind the ball, made up with a point,
we never played well, but made enough chances to win the game,
Crouch for me was at his most frustrating, should have had at least a brace,
Not the end of the world, so lets move on, still a lot to play for.   :D
teamleader1

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Quote from Rafa "Everton are a small team" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are Stubbs & Lescott the ugliest centre backs in the Premiership? :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby teamleader1 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Gracias King Rafa wrote:Quote from Rafa "Everton are a small team" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are Stubbs & Lescott the ugliest centre backs in the Premiership? :D

And the Championship!
And the 1st Division
And the 2nd Division
And the Conference
And the whole of the sunday League
And the Spanish League
And;;

:D  :D  :D
teamleader1

Postby ste123lfc » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:33 pm

PMSL,i was listening to the radio on the way to work and it was full of bitters ringing up ranting and raving about King Rafa calling the bitters a small club. Obviously the truth hurts.

GO RAFA :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Soul » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:55 pm

No team on earth could have beaten the blueshites 9-0-1 formation today. Especially when all 9 defenders took up their places inside their own 18 yard box.

Rafa's right - only one team tried to win the match. The Neverton formation and tactics were all about damage limitation. There was no way any strikeforce in the Premiership was going to be able to navigate it's way through a penalty area that resembled a mosh pit.

Apart from not sticking the ball in the onion bag, which was always the most likely case when you go against a team as negatively-minded as this, our boys battered the :censored: out of them.
Red Soul

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:03 pm

feck off
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:15 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:"When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow and compact and at times we were a little bit nervous. We have to be disappointed not to have taken all three points."

i agree with a lot of what's been said. to add...

if rafa 'knew' the game would be narrow and compact before-hand, why couldnt he come up with a match-winning plan? he's had since wednesday to think about it.

rafa 'knew' they'd start with 3 players in the middle of the park, why did we only play 2? if he 'knew' they would play narrow, why didnt we play TWO out-and-out wingers? we had 2 on the bench for 94 minutes.

rafa talks alot about 'balance' - of which we showed a lack of today. tactically, rafa got 'done' today by a manager of a 'smaller' team.

i have the utmost respect for rafa and love the guy, but he does make sum frustrating comments and decisions sometimes.

...he's said 'smaller teams' out of bitterness, stooping to their level - he knows how big a game this was in terms of our title aspirations so having a dig at the intertoto-bluesh1te should be the last of his concerns.

as i've said numerous times before, [1] crouch should ALWAYS start on the bench in 'big' games as he's simply not good enough, [2] we need kewell and sissoko back & [3] we need a 'creative' influence higher up the pitch, ie. gerrard being unshackled
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby weringo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:32 pm

If Pennant cant get past a bloke with a very dodgy harcuit/forehead who is actually a centre back, how is he going to get past Barcelona's defence?

Todays game reminded me of the portsmouth game, the opposition showed no intent of scoring and just stuck 9 players behind the ball for the duration.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:34 pm

weringo wrote:If Pennant cant get past a bloke with a very dodgy harcuit/forehead who is actually a centre back, how is he going to get past Barcelona's defence?

he won't play against Barca I don't think. Momo will be back in and Gerrard pushed out to the right again.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Feeney wrote:Was I the only one who noticed Gerrard disappear from the game once the sh!te started siging songs about his personal life?

He was walking across the pitch and didn't seem bothered. Might of just been pi$$ed off with the way the game was going, but I thought he had a shocker.???

I thought exactly the same
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion