THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - LET'S TAKE THESE MERCENARIES!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:06 am

destro wrote:Who cares whos playing and whos injured ? on our day we CAN BEAT any team in any league anywhere.

So what we havent had the best of luck against the top teams, if we play like we all know we can then its 3 points no problem

Im sick of hearing about our record against the top teams, we are due a win so why not saturday ?

Who knows what will happen on the day, football is a funny old game, but please dont p.iss on our chips before we have even played the game !!

So its impossible if you listen to some people, so was istanbul. We are the greatest team with the greatest supporters i dont want to hear anymore talk of "im not sure " or "i dont think we can do it " what sort of message does that send out to other teams fans that no doubt take a sneaky look at this site ?

Lets get these 3 points and push on for second place  :buttrock

For once  :bowdown

We have to be up for this game, there is no reason why we can't beat Chelsea at Anfield, Rafa has to really psych the boys up for this. I would absolutely f%&king love it if we could give them a pasting and I have a weird feeling that this might be our turn!!

I just bloody hope Rafa didn't make some sort of promise to Dudek about this game at the start of the season  :;):

YNWA
heimdall

Postby hello_red » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:52 am

if alonso, bellamy, gerrard and kuyt perform on saturday i think we can come out with something from this game. carragher will no doubt be well up for this game so it whoever partners him best be aswell.

come on the reds!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:59 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Is there any reason we shouldn’t stick to the same 11 and same system that we used against Watford?

I think it makes the best of what we have at the moment and gives us the best chance of victory.

Not the best at analysing tactics & formations. But to me that formation against Watford was a very attack orientated. I would even go as far to say it showed disregard (justified) to Watford'd ability to control the mid field and their ability to pose a serious goal threat.

If we tried that with Chelsea, i reckon we'd get spanked, even if Kuyt played as more of a centre forward.

No i would like to see 2 upfront, and depending on the way the game is going use our third option when needed.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:32 am

LET'S TAKE THESE MERCENARIES!!

....today they survive as soldiers of fortune in the Los Angeles underworld....
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:03 am

I think some are under estimating Stevie, Xabi and Aurelio or over rating Essien Lampard and Ballack.  For my money only Essien has the beating of our lads, Lampards jammy and Ballack is pretty ordinary so far this season.  With Terry out the Chelsea defence is certainly fragile. If we were to go 3-4-3 and press from the off I think we could be very optimistic about getting the first goal inside the first 20 minutes. 

As has been pointed out before, that first goal changes everything and if Chelsea have to chase the game it plays into our hands.

Sure its a gamble and Rafa would get slated if it backfired but I do think Rafa wouldbe giving it (3-4-3) serious consideration.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:32 am

Reckon he'll go with a 4 - 5 - 1 myself. He seems to turn to this formation whenever we have  a big team. I think Crouch will start and Kuyt will be the link between midfield and attack where Luis normally plays. Crouch up front and Bellamy on the bench.

I just want us to beat them. We have lost the last 3 home games against Chelsea in the league and and the last 5 overall. Not good enough! I remember when we used to bang these - remember Paddy Bergers debut against them?

I have a horrible feeling Mourinho will spring a surprise and start Terry and Cech. if he does I want to see Crouch get stuck into them both early on - give them something to think about 50/50 with Cech? - go for it, high ball between Kuyt and Terry - clatter Terry - get them worried.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:11 am

We can beat any team on our day but not arsenal, chelsea and man u...in league game. I hope we can break that 'bad luck'.
Don't give them much respect.If we can score first, we will win.
darwisigila

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 am

i think we gonna win 2-0     fu..ck chelsea
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:00 am

I think this weekend will be as good a chance as weve got. Not sure if Terry is going to figure but even if he does i dont think he will at 100% of his game. Same goes for Cech. Also im sure Mourinho will be under a bit of preassure to get the 3 points.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:29 am

Sorry but anyone who thinks playing three up front in any formation is deluding themselves. If we played three up front we WILL get demolished. Chelsea on the break are devastating when you play a normal 4-4-2 let alone if you remove a midfielder.

The key is to cut out mistakes and finish our chances

The away game earlier this season proved that even with Terry in the side we were creating plenty of chances. If we can iron out those stupid defensive errors and be clinical in front of goal we will beat Chelsea. We need to develop that killing instinct and start finishing teams off when we have the chance.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 am

We have to be physical with Cech and Terry.

Yeah, it's cold blooded, regarding Cech, but hey, it's all part of the game.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Reckon he'll go with a 4 - 5 - 1 myself. He seems to turn to this formation whenever we have  a big team. I think Crouch will start and Kuyt will be the link between midfield and attack where Luis normally plays. Crouch up front and Bellamy on the bench.

that would just be stupid imo. we're a far better team when bellamy starts because without him, we never get in behind defences. look at the games at watford, charlton and wigan for example. we won those games by an aggregate of 10-0, with bellamy scoring four and probably setting up three others.
crouch as a lone striker doesn't work at home and never will do. it would put far too much emphasis on gerrard to get forward, especially now that garcia is out and pennant offers zero goal threat.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ade » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:24 pm

stmichael wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Reckon he'll go with a 4 - 5 - 1 myself. He seems to turn to this formation whenever we have  a big team. I think Crouch will start and Kuyt will be the link between midfield and attack where Luis normally plays. Crouch up front and Bellamy on the bench.

that would just be stupid imo. we're a far better team when bellamy starts because without him, we never get in behind defences. look at the games at watford, charlton and wigan for example. we won those games by an aggregate of 10-0, with bellamy scoring four and probably setting up three others.
crouch as a lone striker doesn't work at home and never will do. it would put far too much emphasis on gerrard to get forward, especially now that garcia is out and pennant offers zero goal threat.

Agree. Chelsea lack pace at centre and right back, so we need someone quick to drag their defenders around. Crouch-type raking balls across the pitch are meat and drink to their back four. Let's :censored: hit them with everything we've got.

The away game this season was ours for the taking. We were the better side but firing blanks. Essien aside, their 'fab four' midfield have been average this season, so let's get all over them and play the game at our pace.

Reina

Finnan
Carra
Hyypia
Aurelio

Pennant
Stevie
Xabi
Riise

Kuyt
Bellamy

For the first time in ages against this bunch of mercenaries i'm not just hopeful, i'm confident. We're gonna win this by 2
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:53 pm

Abramovich gonna grab bellamy soon because he will score a hattrick this match.

Liverpool 4 - 1 CFC

Bellamy 22' 51'
Aurelio 18'
Agger 76'

Bellamy(o.g) 89' :D
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:57 pm

desperado0831 wrote:Abramovich gonna grab bellamy soon because he will score a hattrick this match.

Liverpool 4 - 1 CFC

Bellamy 22' 51'
Aurelio 18'
Agger 76'

Bellamy(o.g) 89' :D

Desperado, why dont you come to your senses ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion