THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - LET'S TAKE THESE MERCENARIES!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:42 pm

can't wait for this one although I wish it wasn't an early kick off.

it's the time we finally beat them in the premiership imo. they're without makelele (suspended) and terry (injured) and cech would be starting his 1st game since fracturing his skull.

add this to the fact that we have the best home record in the premiership (W9 D2 L0) as well as the best home defensive record in the league (P11 conceded 3) -we seem in a stronger position than normal going into this game.

if cech plays, as he has been declared fit enough to, if i was rafa i would make sure that one of the lads on the 1st corner/free kick, stands on him and just throws a bit of weight into him, give away a cheap free kick, and have a little word in his ear that he will be in for more all afternoon. basically put the grain of doubt in his mind etc... nothing violent - just gamesmanship.

without their best defender and leader, holding midfielder and a possibly nervous and not match fit goalkeeper, and our superb home record/form this IS the time that we take 3 points off them!

YNWA
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Simari » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:53 pm

it's the time we finally beat them in the premiership imo. they're without makelele (suspended) and terry (injured) and cech would be starting his 1st game since fracturing his skull.

Trust me mate, I want us to win big over our rivals. Then again, Robben is back, Fat Frank is back scoring and Drogba can't stop. I'm sure we will score the most goals we have against Chelsea in the league (under Mourinho),  but I have reservations about the mentality of some of the defensive players.

Riise and Finnan particularly have been lacking confidence in our previous meetings with them. I would give Agger a chance, over Hyypia - Drogba might make a mockery of Sami's immobility, given the form he is in.
Last edited by Simari on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:02 pm

Simari wrote:I would give Agger a chance, over Hyypia - Drogba might make a mockery of Sami's immobility, given the form he is in.

I'd agree with that. Drogba made a complete mug of Hyypia in the 4-1 game last season. Infact Drogba seems to always raise his game against us.

The first goal is absolutely vital. If we take the lead they generally don't beat us. The most interesting decision will be who partners Bellamy upfront. Despite scoring twice on saturday, I think Crouch may find himself back on the bench.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 pm

The constant speculation surrounding Mourinhio and Chelsea's recent indifferent performances (Wigan apart, who BTW look like they might go down at this rate), coupled with the passion of Anfield, and the hunger to beat these, :angry: makes feel confident we'll do'em this time

2-0 to the reds

Gerrard
Bellamy
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Where do the lot of ya get all this optimism? Had we some good results against the feckers in the past in the league I could understand.

But really, I'd be surprised if the result is anything but a defeat for us come Saturday evening.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dward » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:06 pm

A.B. wrote:Where do the lot of ya get all this optimism? Had we some good results against the feckers in the past in the league I could understand.

But really, I'd be surprised if the result is anything but a defeat for us come Saturday evening.

Same here. But I'd be happily proved wrong.
Last edited by dward on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:09 pm

4-3-3? 3-4-3? You've got to be kidding lads? We've played 4-4-2 all season and a game against the 2-time Champions is not the time to try out barely tested formations. 3-4-3 might sound brave now but it will/would be crazy. Stick with what we've got, play Kuyt and Bellamy up-front, get Riise out on the left wing and get after their suspect back-four. Rumour has it that Cech will be back for this one if he gets the all-clear and that will be a big boost for them as they still lack leadership (Essien aside) without John Terry.

This really is masive game for the Redmen, absolutely pivotal. Getting the win would prove to be a real psychological boost for the players and it would really set the tone for the upcoming visits of the mancs and Barca.

Personally i'm expecting an ugly game, very tight and a couple of scrappy goals. I'm going for 1-1 and if you offered me it now I might take it.
Last edited by Scottbot on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:10 pm

I think these are the games where Rafa sometimes tries to be 'too clever' and be too controlling tactically. Pick our best 11 and tell them to play football and attack from the off.

FFS it only f#cking Chelsea. If the likes of Tottenham could beat them then we can beat them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:50 pm

I have a good feeling about this one. I reckon we'll give them a bit of a pasting

3-0 Reds

Gerrard
Kuyt
Crouch
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:59 pm

DCFC wrote:I have a good feeling about this one. I reckon we'll give them a bit of a pasting

3-0 Reds

Gerrard
Kuyt
Crouch

That made me chuckle.  :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:01 pm

Is there any reason we shouldn’t stick to the same 11 and same system that we used against Watford?

I think it makes the best of what we have at the moment and gives us the best chance of victory.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 pm

Rafa I'm sure already knows this but they must:

1- Close down Robben whenever he has the ball.

2- Not take the Wigan approach of watching the ball when Lampard takes a free kick.

3- Do not give Drogba even a millimetre of space to turn.

If they don't do the above, they are finished.

Spot on.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:25 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Is there any reason we shouldn’t stick to the same 11 and same system that we used against Watford?

I think it makes the best of what we have at the moment and gives us the best chance of victory.

Playing a formation the players are pretty much unfamiliar with for such a big game is a non-starter for me Has.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:11 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Rafa I'm sure already knows this but they must:

1- Close down Robben whenever he has the ball.

2- Not take the Wigan approach of watching the ball when Lampard takes a free kick.

3- Do not give Drogba even a millimetre of space to turn.

If they don't do the above, they are finished.

4- dont play dudek  :D

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:15 am

Who cares whos playing and whos injured ? on our day we CAN BEAT any team in any league anywhere.

So what we havent had the best of luck against the top teams, if we play like we all know we can then its 3 points no problem

Im sick of hearing about our record against the top teams, we are due a win so why not saturday ?

Who knows what will happen on the day, football is a funny old game, but please dont p.iss on our chips before we have even played the game !!

So its impossible if you listen to some people, so was istanbul. We are the greatest team with the greatest supporters i dont want to hear anymore talk of "im not sure " or "i dont think we can do it " what sort of message does that send out to other teams fans that no doubt take a sneaky look at this site ?

Lets get these 3 points and push on for second place  :buttrock
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion